Ste Mobile Aerospace , Strike-two !

This has been my point. I have said i dont want our fellow employees jobs lost. Its obvious the company and Iam will talk and more than likely work some sort of deal out. What has been said on this thread has crossed the line. It has damaged our airline far greater than what the same people said our management team has done. The same type scare tactics "they say" the company uses , they are using and only shooting them selves in the foot. For non airline people and for our passengers who read these boards. Please understand that the above misleading information is designed to get your attention and to make you afraid and to call management and tell them you want our maint. done in house. Our airline is a safe airline despite these underhanded nasty tactics by some of our employees. Im ashamed that this is happened and on behalf of my self and my fellow co workers in the industry, Im sorry. In many ways im glad these have shown their motives. For those who have constanly bashed me for trying to be fair and speaking my opinion, this is enough to prove to the readers of the tactics some on here will use in order to f urther their agenda. Its one thing to fight for your job. Its another to use tactics to scare and actually "cross the line"! Youre no better than the "scabs" you refer to so many times . Your loyality to yourself and this company is obvious. Regardless of where we are and how we got here, you have a moral responsiblity to yourself most of all and in my opinion have sunk to an all time low and you will have to deal with that yourself. Again to the "non airline" folks. This thread is nothing more than a unauthorized scare tactic. Iam does not endorse nor do they waste their energy by putting this garbage out in the public. IAM is a professional team. They are trying to look after their employees and all this does is UNDERMINE their objectives.

usfliboi said:
This has been my point. I have said i dont want our fellow employees jobs lost. Its obvious the company and Iam will talk and more than likely work some sort of deal out. What has been said on this thread has crossed the line. It has damaged our airline far greater than what the same people said our management team has done. The same type scare tactics "they say" the company uses , they are using and only shooting them selves in the foot. For non airline people and for our passengers who read these boards. Please understand that the above misleading information is designed to get your attention and to make you afraid and to call management and tell them you want our maint. done in house. Our airline is a safe airline despite these underhanded nasty tactics by some of our employees. Im ashamed that this is happened and on behalf of my self and my fellow co workers in the industry, Im sorry. In many ways im glad these have shown their motives. For those who have constanly bashed me for trying to be fair and speaking my opinion, this is enough to prove to the readers of the tactics some on here will use in order to f urther their agenda. Its one thing to fight for your job. Its another to use tactics to scare and actually "cross the line"! Youre no better than the "scabs" you refer to so many times . Your loyality to yourself and this company is obvious. Regardless of where we are and how we got here, you have a moral responsiblity to yourself most of all and in my opinion have sunk to an all time low and you will have to deal with that yourself. Again to the "non airline" folks. This thread is nothing more than a unauthorized scare tactic. Iam does not endorse nor do they waste their energy by putting this garbage out in the public. IAM is a professional team. They are trying to look after their employees and all this does is UNDERMINE their objectives.
You have no clue or idea what you are talking about.

The IAM has not and will not make a "deal" with the company. That is why it has been in the court system, the IAM did not waste money taking the company to court over the issue just to make a "deal".

The case on outsourcing will go to arbitration, the IAM represented Mechanic and Related have overhauled every US Airways plane since 1949, over the years the company has even asked for modification of the scope language in negotiations to get relief on this language and to this date it has never happened and never will.

You say you don't want people to lose jobs, well it is happening everday since the bus work has not been brought inhouse, 30+ abolishments were handed out it PIT last week and more to follow once deicing is over.

Showing to the public that two airplanes that both had overhauls done at Foreigned Owned Mobile Aerospace is not scare tactics it is fact, you cant change that.

To even suggest someone has tampered with the plane is nonsense. Flap rigging is a very delicate procedure, not something that a mechanic during a thru flight or overnight could mess with without someone knowing. Flap rigging requieres extensive downtime.

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR

Let me settle this debate with facts...and put an end to any and all rumors on this subject. Especially for the fools here uttering rediculous words like sabotage and raisng inuendo of under-handed shinanigans by the dedicated employees of U.

707UW remained in MSY yesterday..as opposed to being maintenance ferried to CLT for added work as origionally planned in the aftermath of this "Hard Failure"

ST Mobile Aerospace was contacted regarding this problem with 707UW..and they made the claim that the "Job Cards" in this phase of the S-1 Check regarding "Clocking the drives" of the flap system or Indexing them were vague. Keep in mind my first impressions as to what may have led to this happening again in my initial post. God I hate being right. ;)

As opposed to seeking clarification on what was to be done and how from a higher authority , in this case Airbus Tech and Engineering support..they simply muttled through the work with un-certainty looming on the subject. :angry:

I find this approach highly suspect and objectionable in light of what took place with our previous Acft intrusted to them....this was a golden opprotunity for them to shine or make good on a previous mistake as a lesson learned and corrected...yet the same approach was used again...and un-certainty remains a shadow in the minds of many.

ST Mobile Aerospace dispatched mechanics to MSY to correct the problems as opposed to ferrying the Acft to BFM or CLT as origionally planned. The repairs have been made..and 707UW will again "Repo-Ferry" in a Non-Revenued state from MSY to CLT later today. Should all go well with the on site repairs and the results of the ferry flight proove acceptable? , 707UW will again re-join the fleet in a revenued fashion.

Many IAM'ers will ask why a road trip was not inititated to repair a "Line Aircraft" that is supposed to be released back to our future care as opposed to Mobile being called out to MSY? This I know raises the question of grievences being filed for yet another violation of our CBA...whether I or anyone else agrees or not? The call was made by the powers that be..that this was in their opinion a "Warranty Issue" Be it or not be it? The next question will likely be..if 707UW was a warranty job ?...why wasn't 700UW in RIC or IAH handled this way before?

Frankly if I had the answers to all those possibilities and scenarios...I would not be wasting a moment of my time trying to set the record straight here on what has taken place...and touching on as to why it took place to begin with.

Here are the facts from a state of being right , non-speculative and forthright.

707UW did in fact have alike rigging (Clocking) issues that mirrored some of the previous problems that 700UW had prior...the only thing missing element this time was hard hydraulic systems problems on top of the rigging concerns.

Fact...ST Mobile Aerospace admitted to parties in the know , that they had questions regarding the procedures on this phase of the work..yet elected to not persue those questions to the highest source for such answers ( Airbus in this particular case)..or did not act on any advise they may have sought?

Fact...707 will have lost 1.5 to 2.0 days of revenued availability due to mis-understandings of the task at hand...and not seeking resolve from those with the ability to raise the fog for them on the issue at hand. This is nothing new in aviation...If clarity is not Omni-Present...you do not go forward until it is !

Fact..When an FAR , Repair Manual or Task card seems vague of ambiguous? A responsible Technician or FAA Repair Facility seeks hard and fast answers to the problem they are faced with..then submits suggstions to seek changes or clarification in the repair data..Revisions to the data become the order of the day. This would be the act of a reponsible and knowledgable person in this trade...any dispute there?

I hope you folks have fun with the facts of the matter..Cuz frankly , some of you naysayers and corporate sell-outs are not worth the time it takes to even set you straight...and you know whom you are when I say that. :angry:

To those seeking the truth..and appreciating hearing the truth of the matter..I bid you a safe , pleasant and productive day. :D Keep Flying...and doing it by the book as always. :up:

Another blantant contract violation, when a line a/c breaks and a roadtrip is sent OUR own mechanics are suppose to go fix the airplane, not a third party vendor.

This company just insulted and slapped its own employees in the face once again.

And the posters on this board wonder why the IAM is taking a hardline.

The time has come to make this company honor the collective bargaining agreements they signed.

Enough is Enough!

It is interesting that all other airlines outsource, however, when we do, each aircraft is zerod in on, and every little issue is raised up the flag pole.

Out sourcing of our maint. is not unsafe. Unfair...maybe, unsafe no, and to promote this is wrong.

you attemptt to make a valid point...however i take issue with the safety...
FAA performed 1963 airline in house maintenance inspections while doing only 65 visits to our friends in the 3rd party arena.
i think this is a safety issue
no requirement for drug and alcohol testing??
i think this is a safety issue
just what i want,some stoner coming down from a lunchtime buzz riggin' my flaps...
some wino without a license after a lost weekend on monday installing landing gear on my plane...
DUDE I'LL TAKE A BUS

700UW said:
Another blantant contract violation, when a line a/c breaks and a roadtrip is sent OUR own mechanics are suppose to go fix the airplane, not a third party vendor.

This company just insulted and slapped its own employees in the face once again.

And the posters on this board wonder why the IAM is taking a hardline.

The time has come to make this company honor the collective bargaining agreements they signed.

Enough is Enough!
As much as I tend to agree about the continued violation of the IAM's CBA...I also find it disturbing that you only took that particular aspect of my post to heart.

Hopefully I'm wrong in that assumption ? :blink:

Yes you are mistaken, I have posted my feelings toward third party mtc and I am not surprised by the lack of quality of their work, what you said covered it all.

I do believe that the QA person assigned from US to ST MAE needs to be disciplined for failing to do their job.

And US needs to reevaluate their choice of vendors and bring it back in house where it belongs, ST MAE's lack of control is absurd.

You cannot dicipline the U QA team assigned to ST Mobile. Their job is to review the paperwork and make sure all is in order. So far I don't think any planes have had paper work problems after leaving ST Mobile. They do not watch each person complete a job, they simply verify all the paper work is completed. If someone stamps a block on a job card without ever doing the procedure.......well, hope they sleep well at night!!!!!

Yep, just like 700UW that had the power supply for the laptops wired thru the seat cushion so you could not get it off the frame and use it as a floatation device.

Great work done my ST MAE on 700 and 707, NOT!

US wants itself to fail, they have taken all the steps to see this happen.

700UW said:
You have no clue or idea what you are talking about.

Showing to the public that two airplanes that both had overhauls done at Foreigned Owned Mobile Aerospace is not scare tactics it is fact, you cant change that.

To even suggest someone has tampered with the plane is nonsense. Flap rigging is a very delicate procedure, not something that a mechanic during a thru flight or overnight could mess with without someone knowing. Flap rigging requieres extensive downtime.
700 first I didnt say anything about intentional sabotage. Not sure who that was. Your correct about one thing. It is a fact that they are doing the overhauls, but the "details" factual and non are being posted to inflame, divide, and scare. Iam isnt the only union who has lost jobs. Why if these issues are true, why isnt iam spreaded the word ? Well, for one if its all true and lets assume it is, why isnt IAM out here like you and others on here spreading the gospel in the exact same way some are doing? Its called professionalism. Its called knowing when youve stepped over the fine line. Im sorry you may not like my way of thinking. Doesnt mean you or I are horrible people. I state my opinion , plain and simple. When i have a fact i post it howver facts are a dime a dozen. For every fact you post theres another fact that happened either before or after that fact that made it become a fact in the first place. We are all in the same exact boat . Why is it that you see yourself as the only union guy on here. I am union and i believe in it. HOWEVER! I also know how to run a buisness. Ive done it! If Dave hadnt done what he has done we wouldnt be discussing this airline in the present tense. We will disagree, but isnt the whole idea about survival. ? No i dont like some tactics that are used and in fact if you had read a thread i started last week, I suggested Dave follow Ken Lewis of BOA's lead ,and cancel his contract and work on profit incentives. I think it would be agreat move Im not asking him to not take a salary just use good sense here. Your assumption im anti union is incorrect. I can vote republican or democrat, I can say i like or dislike something a union or my company does. You dont have to agree with me but at least give me the same decency i give you and thats not to call you names or insult me. It doesnt help either of us or increase the chances that your Union will succeed at what it wants.

:huh: :huh: :huh: Oky Doky....I think it is time to retire for the night. My eyes are getting cross-eyed trying to read this last post. It is not even 8 o'clock yet. Maybe Court TV can entertain me better. I hear Martha's in the news these days....Any comments ??.....Boi?????!!!!! :blink: :huh:

Why did I even ask for a comment.....we all know better...MY BAD!!!!!!

ktflyhome said:
:huh: :huh: :huh: Oky Doky....I think it is time to retire for the night. My eyes are getting cross-eyed trying to read this last post. It is not even 8 o'clock yet. Maybe Court TV can entertain me better. I hear Martha's in the news these days....Any comments ??.....Boi?????!!!!! :blink: :huh:

Why did I even ask for a comment.....we all know better...MY BAD!!!!!!
yawn ! Good night!

US Airways has some of the finest mechanics in the business and I do not believe any of them would sabotage an aircraft.

My point in this A320 maintenance outsourcing debate is two-fold.

Contract maintenance is not unsafe, is FAA certified, and in the case of US Airways, the QA is conducted by the airline.

In addition, my second point is the IAM and the Company should seek ways to cost effectively keep the work in-house. I have made this comment since day one of this debate and now that may occur, since US Airways and the IAM agreed last Friday to meet tomorrow to discuss union cost-savings ideas.

Nobody wants to see anybody lose their job, but the company must find ways to cut costs across-the-board or there will be no airline. Lets hope the parties find ways to cut costs tomorrow.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot