"STEP RIGHT UP"..who's NEXT in the "barrel"

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
As regular UAL poster...ZMAN777 correctly pointed out the other day,..."OK, we(UAL) had our turn in the Barrel :shock: , ..So who's NEXT ??

Well as you know today, CO was next.

So summary to date;

First was;

1. AA-75 a/c (including some American Eagle)
2. UAL-100 A/c (including the Great "queen of the Sky")
3. CAL- 65 birds

(Oh and did anyone see, that OIL has done a U-Turn upward from $123 to $128, and in Asian trading today(Friday) held Steady leading up to the NYSE open).

My POINT is this.

This LUNATIC Industry, that SO many of us LOVE, is..MERCILESS and UNFORGIVING, and sadly part of "that" is a LOT of Good Airline employees(ALL CARRIERS) simply had the unfortunate luck, to be hired at the "wrong" time.....Wrong Time meaning that (say) if a person was hired in 2000(pre 9/11) they would have a fairly valid expectation of keeping their job with 8/9 years seniority !

Sadly, that most likely, Won't be the case.

Though this may sound CRUEL(And It's NOT meant to be),..perhaps..THIS is just what the DR. ordered, for Long term Viability, for Most of the BIG BOY"s,........A "bye-bye" to cheap fares(Want CHEAP fares, go WN or B6 or Airtran)...Whats that you say, "Those carriers don't go my way"......OH, sorry....try GREYHOUND !!!!!

I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of the full service Legacy's...AA/UA/DL/CO and NW being held Hostage by.. CHEAP FARES. Fair SOOO cheap, that AMTRAK in most cases is MORE Expensive.

What we all are running into, is an F4-5 Tornado, on the flat lands in western Kansas.
(Actually in a similar way, this is just CREATORS will to the EARTH below)(and we KNOW, mother nature is ALWAYS right)

So LET IT COME,..It's Looong overdue.

AA, UA, DL, CO, NW and USAir, it's NOW time to "batten down" are Individual hatches", and when it's "past" most of us will emerge, to find that the house is still standing, that we've lost some pieces, but we've SURVIVED !

The problem is, that not ALL of our neighbors will be their to greet us !

I know AA's and UA's house will still be standing(they'll be able to "chock it up" to Years of building very strong houses/systems) !

It's NOT rocket science.

It's Actually just basic fundamentals

I know AA's and UA's house will still be standing(they'll be able to "chock it up" to Years of building very strong houses/systems) !

AA makes a decision to ground some jets and cut some flights and you think they're out of the woods? LOL :lol: I see you've added UA to your short list of survivors...how very generous of you :wub:

There isn't a major airlines house out there that can't be blown down. Despite your delusions of grandeur Bear, that includes AA.
This industry needs to have a few airlines to fail. That is the reality of the dire situation we are in.
I am going to venture a guess a LCC carrier is going to fail as well.
Great times.

As regular UAL poster...ZMAN777 correctly pointed out the other day,..."OK, we(UAL) had our turn in the Barrel :shock: , ..So who's NEXT ??

Well as you know today, CO was next.

So summary to date;

First was;

1. AA-75 a/c (including some American Eagle)
2. UAL-100 A/c (including the Great "queen of the Sky")
3. CAL- 65 birds

It's NOT rocket science.

It's Actually just basic fundamentals

You dates are a little off NHBB.

From available news stories the start date of announced cuts looks like this. Give or take.

March 2008 - Delta - Updated plans include reducing 2008 domestic capacity by an additional 5% by August, resulting in a year-over-year domestic reduction of 10%. The reductions will be parking 15 to 20 mainline aircraft and 20 to 25 regional jets. Plus over 3,000 employees took an early out package.

April 2008 - AA - Eimination of at least 300 flights a day from the 4,300 that it and its regional affiliates offer. That will also likely lead to elimination of more than 6,000 jobs. The company plans to retire at least 75 mainline and regional aircraft.

June 2008 - The airline is removing a total of 100 aircraft from its fleet. The airline will also retire six Boeing 747-400s in 2008 and 2009. About 80 total aircraft are now expected to be out of the United system by the end of this year.

June 2008 - Today Continental Airlines announced that it plans to cut a total of 21 aircraft from its fleet by the end of the year. The airline also plans to cut another 10 in 2009.

Your contention that UA has their house in order is laughable at best and causes one to question the validity of your prognostications.