stop the outsourcing?

WorldTraveler said:
for someone that has been in the airline industry as long as you have, you seem mighty unable to grasp some basic principles.

EVERY part of DL's operation has peaks and valleys in the operation including times when the load factor dips and when there are spare aircraft.

And then there are days when flight after flight is packed and there are virtually no spares.

Just because DL has space here or there doesn't make it possible to commit to move a type of work inhouse if it can't be done on a year round basis.
It doesn't have to be done on a year round basis. Delta wouldn't need a 744 or 777 overhaul line 365 days a year 7 days a week. Doing the 777s on the same line as the PSVs still wouldn't require year round coverage. Delta, other than maybe the 88s, doesn't have a year round line for PSVs. Everyone of them has a break. (and I don't think the 88s have year round but I think MSP is doing two lines of work) So why can't Delta use down time vs building a hangar for a check and then end up with even more empty tail docks during the year.......
the fact that, as you note, DL moved work into the space that was expected to be used for the M80/90 cockpit mods proves exactly the point that DL is capable of adjusting PROGRAMS, not just a little capacity here or there to keep DL people and facilities working.
I didn't say that. AFAIK Delta hasn't added any work to replace that. They may shift some other mods into the place but I know they don't have the volume of MRO work coming in here.  
and what you simply cannot grasp and don't want to accept is that DL is simply not going to build facilities to accommodate the outsourcing that is done because NW gave up that space.
Who said anything about building facilities? did you read what I said? I said for the back shop space they have it. Overhauls might require more hangar space. I am not sure what MSPs usage is like. 

and FWIW they just did. Google TechOps Mexico. 
you can take it up with the board as long as you want but NW made the decision to dismantle its maintenance operation after the AMFA strike and DL TO THIS TODAY does outsourcing comparable to what DL and NW each did at the time of the merger. And that is okay because?

and if DL has space and they aren't using it for MRO work or DL work, then there are people with the big picture who are fully capable of realizing what they must do or have people standing around with their hands in their pockets.

take it up with the board if you think DL has the ability to bring back in the 40% of its work which is outsourced and yet have maintenance capabilities that are not being utilized.

really. DL is all over being efficient.

We've discussed Tech Ops Mexico many times.

DL created it so that they can bid for maintenance work in partnership with AM leaving AM to do the part that DL says they cannot do profitably and allow DL to make money on the work DL says it can't make money doing.

If you doubt DL's numbers, take your campaign up the ladder. DL has an open door.

I don't have the numbers to know if they are telling the truth.

I do know that DL consistently has one of the lowest maintenance expenses per ASM among US carriers and Tech Ops is a profit center for DL.

WorldTraveler said:
and if DL has space and they aren't using it for MRO work or DL work, then there are people with the big picture who are fully capable of realizing what they must do or have people standing around with their hands in their pockets.
happens all the time. 
take it up with the board if you think DL has the ability to bring back in the 40% of its work which is outsourced and yet have maintenance capabilities that are not being utilized.

really. DL is all over being efficient.

We've discussed Tech Ops Mexico many times.

DL created it so that they can bid for maintenance work in partnership with AM leaving AM to do the part that DL says they cannot do profitably and allow DL to make money on the work DL says it can't make money doing.
oh and BTW wasn't it you who said they would start other work? where is it? All I see going on down there is Delta and AM work......or are they still warming up lol. 
If you doubt DL's numbers, take your campaign up the ladder. DL has an open door.

I don't have the numbers to know if they are telling the truth.

I do know that DL consistently has one of the lowest maintenance expenses per ASM among US carriers and Tech Ops is a profit center for DL.

WorldTraveler said:
do you have access to the maintenance scheduling system in GDL?
its not in GDL. 

And not a single PR has been sent out, hell they don't even have it listed on the TechOps web site(nor does it have it own web site) 

and more to the point, I know a few people who are part of the QA group. 
they are doing Delta and AM work. 

Careful Dawg. I have no doubt this guy will do his best to have you in the red brick bldg answering questions if you talk bad of ma delta.

its not in GDL. 

And not a single PR has been sent out, hell they don't even have it listed on the TechOps web site(nor does it have it own web site) 

and more to the point, I know a few people who are part of the QA group. 
they are doing Delta and AM work.
and you know for a fact that they have solicited business and didn't get it?

the fact that they don't yet have MRO work doesn't have a whole lot of meaning.

of course in your conspiracy driven mind, DL had no intention of using the AM partnership as a means to secure MRO work.

Tell me, dawg, why would DL develop a RISK SHARING, PROFIT BASED joint venture with AM if they didn't intend to bring in MRO work?

Why does DL have a JV with AF/KL, Virgin Australia and Atlantic etc if they didn't intend to SHARE in the decisions and profits?

If they just wanted to send work out, they could have done it - that is what the regional carrier program was built around.

no, it is clearly DL that owns dawg.

Why would any person subject themselves to an organization that they distrust as much as dawg distrusts DL?

WorldTraveler said:
Why would any person subject themselves to an organization that they distrust as much as dawg distrusts DL?
...says the guy who subjects himself to a hostile audience that openly distrusts and mocks him daily.

uh, I don't get paid nor do I have any loyalties to anyone or this board as a whole.

It is precisely my independence and ability to say what I want that drives you all completely nuts.

You go Dawg!!!  Look at the twins go.  And the Delta boy tries to explain that Delta's pay is better than SWA's mechanics.  Really?  Get a clue man.  Everyone already knows.  I won't even take the time to post the differences EVEN WITH DELTA'S NEW (and well deserved) RAISES OF 4%.  C'mon man, do your homework people.  I LUV it when these guys spout off with no clue at all,  you just gotta LUV this stuff man...

Back