Suddenly, Us Airways Is A Darling Of Wall Street

This new airline just has new investor money to lose. The way it looks now is in about 18 months they will be back in deep do do.

-You are crazy if you think the America West airline was in such good shape as the company would like you to think when they were selling this turd to investors. They were ready to go back into bankruptcy themselves. (Just think fraud and you will get a good idea.)

EricLv2Fish said:
Key word being "long haul".   Timing is everything.  AWA stock was easily predictable the last couple of years.  Buy right before quartely reports released and sell a couple of weeks later.
[post="311632"][/post]​

Yea, right, sure, that's a strategy every one and their grandmother uses. Too bad, usually best to sell before the quarterly reports are even rumored to come out if you are going to take those risks.

Nobody says you have to risk your money. I know folks I work with that bought AWA shares at 1.16 after 911 and sold it for over 10 bucks a share not to long after our Federal loan was granted. Unfortunately I wasn't one of them. I've dabbled a little, but just don't have the stomach for airline stock. As for the comments above by pitguy...time will tell. I hope your wrong.

No firm in real good shape sells out all their equity for pennies on the dollar... thats what just happened a few months ago. (See how much US Air stock the hedge funds own). How much did the hedge fund investors give US Air? What % of ownership did they get?

At least no one can blame me of pump and dump.... not like these jagoffs claiming that US Air is some sort of a wallstreet darling.. christ, that should be criminal. Half its competition is in bankrupcy protection.. that can't help. As soon as this is really one company and all the seniority lists are migrated, come talk to me about what a great buy LCC is. No place to go but down.

Latest posts