Summer 2008 Schedule Changes

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
The 2008 schedule changes are already going to start rolling in, even though the winter timetable isn't even in full effect.

So far:
*New JFK-MXP
*New JFK-BCN
*+1 daily JFK-STN
*(-1) daily JFK-LHR
*1 of 2 JFK-CDG flights upgraded to 772 (AA 44/45)
*BOS-MAN not returning

Any word on Austin finally getting JFK or MIA service? I would love to never have to connect though DFW again.

Any word on Austin finally getting JFK or MIA service? I would love to never have to connect though DFW again.

MIA-AUS is the next MIA-PHX. It keeps getting delayed, but it will eventually happen. Currently set for 31Jan08, but we'll have to wait for it to be "official".

MIA-PHX was originally set for 04Sep06, and won't launch until 13Dec07.

New service will soon be added to

Barranquilla, Colombia

Phoenix, Ariz.

Savannah, Ga.

Sarasota-Bradenton, Fla.

new nonstop service to Santa Cruz, Bolivia.

American is increasing the number of flights to

Bogota

Medellin, Colombia

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Santiago, Chile.

San Pedro Sula (more compero pollo for me)

Tegucigalpa

Cancun

Santo Domingo

Santiago

La Romana/Casa de Campo

Dominican Republic

Turks and Caicos

Port-au- Prince

St. Kitts.

Domestically, there will be increases to

Boston,

Detroit

Chicago/O'Hare

Canada new flights to

Montreal.

I suspect most of these have already been covered by Mark, But just in case something is new here they are, from a press release.

MIA-TLH, 2x daily, 02Mar08

AA 4516 MIA 0715-0845 TLH Daily ERD
AA 4522 MIA 1610-1740 TLH Daily ERD

AA 4519 TLH 0910-1030 MIA Daily ERD
AA 4523 TLH 1805-1925 MIA Daily ERD

MIA-TLH, 2x daily, 02Mar08

AA 4516 MIA 0715-0845 TLH Daily ERD
AA 4522 MIA 1610-1740 TLH Daily ERD

AA 4519 TLH 0910-1030 MIA Daily ERD
AA 4523 TLH 1805-1925 MIA Daily ERD

Any more flights to Anc this summer than just the one DFW?

Any more flights to Anc this summer than just the one DFW?

Extremely unlikely, especially since AA will have less 757s in their fleet next summer than this past summer.

2 additional flights for CMH

02JAN AE 4857 CMHLGA 155P 340P ERD for total of 5 nonstops daily except SUN

02JAN AE 4558 CMHBOS 1245P 230P ER3 for total of 2 nonstops daily except SUN

now if we can only get a second daily CMH-MIA

We already have our first new route of winter 2008 (actually, a resumed route):

Miami-Antigua, daily 738, 19Nov08.

There is a very slim chance it comes back in April, but it is likely not returning.

If that is really the case, any bets on how long it takes to completely pull out? I mean, PDX has gone from 16 flights in summer 2001, with 2 757's to DFW, to 4 80's a day to only DFW. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I know the station is expecting to get ORD back, as they aren't having any layoffs. I just haven't seen or heard anything from HDQ yet. I can only hope.

If that is really the case, any bets on how long it takes to completely pull out? I mean, PDX has gone from 16 flights in summer 2001, with 2 757's to DFW, to 4 80's a day to only DFW. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I know the station is expecting to get ORD back, as they aren't having any layoffs. I just haven't seen or heard anything from HDQ yet. I can only hope.

There is an absolutely 0% chance AA will pull out of Portland.

A resumption of PDX-ORD next spring is slim, but further out in the future, the return of ORD-PDX, as well as starting MIA-PDX (which was actually going to launch at the end of January 2002, but never announced), aren't far-fetched. AA doesn't have planes right now to fly marginal routes. ORD-PDX has been a weak performer as of late.

Hey Mark,

I just noticed that ORD-DME is listed as a 777 in RES. Is this a definite change? Or are they trying to see if people are willing to purchase F/C? Also, any clue when the PEK route will be a final award?

Back