Summer 2008 Schedule Changes

Spirit Airlines was approved today to begin Fort Lauderdale-Cartagena flights in February. AA will likely make a decision within two weeks on whether or not they will enter MIA-CTG. If they do, daily 738, 02Mar08, is the most likely scenario. Cartagena is Open Skies, so this does not require them using current USA-Colombia frequencies they have.

PDX and, to a certain degree, SEA are treated like the evil stepchildren of the AA system. That being said, AA started service to SEA with 3 flights per day in 1980. It is still serving SEA with more than 3 flights per day! So, SEA and PDX will stay in the AA system as DFW provides good connections to Texas and the entire Southeast portion of the country.

PDX will never be a huge operation again UNLESS there is a western hub.

wow, I thought PVD was the evil stepchild - perhaps there are many...

Hey Markkus757 --

I actually went to school in PVD in the early 80's. It was right after AA had stopped service there completely, but still had a shared CTO with USAir. AA served PVD through BOS with non-stop Bonanza Bus connecting service from Kennedy Plaza in "beautiful, downtown Providence" to Logan Airport.

Ahhh, those were the days: a nearly dead downtown Providence, a totally covered-over Providence River, an old worn out train station, and TF Green Airport with about 12 flights per day (most of them on Air New England, Pilgrim, or Ransome (!) Airlines props).

it's amazing what has happened here in 25 years. all those things you've mentioned were once an embarassment...

Folks, are you forgetting that AS is an AA partner? You can earn your AAdvantage miles on AS.

PDX and, to a certain degree, SEA are treated like the evil stepchildren of the AA system. That being said, AA started service to SEA with 3 flights per day in 1980. It is still serving SEA with more than 3 flights per day! So, SEA and PDX will stay in the AA system as DFW provides good connections to Texas and the entire Southeast portion of the country. PDX will never be a huge operation again UNLESS there is a western hub.

This is slightly OT. I see that SEA has 17 daily Arr/Dep operations and PDX has 6. Both have 3 aircraft sitting overnight. Do the flight and cabin crews layover or is there a base or sub-base in each city?

Is it possible to get a list of the crew bases and sub-bases (if any). I know of BOS, NYC, MIA, DFW, CHI, SFO, LAX and STL. I have heard there are INT crews based at RDU.

SEA used to have an Intl FA base to support the NRT trip, but that's been closed for years.

quick question how does your reserve work are you guys on it for long? usairways 18 years + just curious

Reserve rotation is one month on then 3 months off until your seniority at your base holds off. Right now at miami domestic and international are about 18 years to hold off reserve entirely. Not sure about the other bases but keep in mind DFW and ORD international are the most senior bases and STL and LGA domestic are probably the most junior bases. Im sure the other bases can chime in here and tell you their base reserve seniority numbers.

Back