Surprise!WN Ontime Rating Takes a Hit

As I said if you read my posts I have reported it Im not going to get in their face about it.The pdf file you referred says in the footnotes ontime
is counted by arrivals and departures after the first fifteen minutes.

[blockquote]
By that I mean if a delay exists a meter will be sent to our printers alerting us a flight took a delay.You have to enter a reason for it.The F.A.A. will ultimately get involved if it is not answered.
[/blockquote]

Well, after 17 years of doing this, that's the first I've ever heard about the FAA (or any government agency) trying to determine the reason for a flight delay...

If you have a problem with a ramp safety issue, just call OSHA. They're more or less obligated to look into it and determine if it is really a safety issue.

Meanwhile back to the subject...re LUV's ontime rating...

The end of the article says--
Southwest says it's fixes--including a push to screen travelers earlier and board planes sooner if possible--already are making a difference. Internal records show on-time preformance in August was 82 percent.

I think that WN's delay causes are due to more than just security delays. Their new boarding process is slower because their boarding passes look alike, and the Ops agents now have a lot more to check when they board a flight.

I would not expect their flight delays to improve significantly any time in the near future.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/1/2002 10:34:41 PM BZuschman wrote:

I think that WN's delay causes are due to more than just security delays. Their new boarding process is slower because their boarding passes look alike, and the Ops agents now have a lot more to check when they board a flight.

I would not expect their flight delays to improve significantly any time in the near future.

----------------
[/blockquote]
Boarding passes look alike? That should make it easier imho. Check name on pass (always in the same place) check photo ID. Next-repeat,next-repeat--eyes get trained pretty fast.
If the information in the article is right then it looks like a significant improvement is on it's way.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/1/2002 10:34:41 PM BZuschman wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]
Yea Bushman I think you've figured it out....LMAO! Me thinks you're wrong.