SWA Makes Quick trip to ORD

Did you wife ask to be rebooked on AA? Did you wife go to AA ask to be rebooked? Travel requires some noggin work. Perhaps you should educate said wife before she travels
AA cancelled flights as well. She DID have a UAL person tell her after the 2:00 p.m. flight left that they should have let her on it.

As for further fodder to my MCI dislike. I forgot that our Asst. Chief Pilot at ORD is a MCI commuter. The guy is first class Richard Cranium. He has been the subject of a no-confidence vote by the rank and file.
So...you are basing your observations of KC residents on one person? Slightly narrow minded, isn't it?
KC, you and I have argued about the airlines for quite sometime. The last big battle was over UAL wages. Now that SWA earns more per hour than UAL don't you see the hypocrisy in your past arguements? Should you not be on the bandwagon to reduce the SWA pilots wages?
I'm having trouble remembering when I said UAL should take pay cuts. I may have said that I disagreed with sickouts, ala the "summer from hell", but I don't recall telling any pilots that they were "overpaid bus drivers". In fact, if anything, I've argued that pilots pay is in line with the fact that they weren't working the highest paying jobs while building their hours to get to the rates they do make. But if it makes you feel better thinking that I was saying y'all were overpaid, I'll let you.

Yep, just what I want in an airline. One that is willing to cut corners to "get me in". Just like the AA LIT accident the pattern to an accident is a culture.
You mean like the ORD MCI (UAL) flight I was on where we touched down and just as this know nothing passenger in 12A that I am, I couldn't see the ground until about 5 seconds before the wheels touched? I'm guessing you safety minded guys would have said no way...and sent me to Omaha.

But that's okay...it's still this attitude of yours that will insure that AA gets my business when traveling overseas. My money's not good enough for your airline anyways, is it now?

You mean like the ORD MCI (UAL) flight I was on where we touched down and just as this know nothing passenger in 12A that I am, I couldn't see the ground until about 5 seconds before the wheels touched? I'm guessing you safety minded guys would have said no way...and sent me to Omaha.

But that's okay...it's still this attitude of yours that will insure that AA gets my business when traveling overseas. My money's not good enough for your airline anyways, is it now?

The great thing about low vis ops is it is the forward window that you have to look out not the side window. You ever seen a C3 approach to 300RVR? I guarantee you wont see anything out of the pax window until you touchdowm. Heck you don't see anything from the front for the most part, save 3 runway lights. It is called an Autoland and the certification process and training is above and beyond what others do. You must have an airplane, airport and aircrew that is certified to operate in those conditions. It is not a shortcut but a maneuver that is FAA approved and certified. Now unstablized approaches and landing with a tailwind in excess of 10kts are FAA limits and company limits that may not be broken....Unless you fly a brown airplane and are in a hurry.

Yep, I'm going to sink to this level:

Gee Mags, most of our fleet is Canyon Blue. :D
So I assume you aren't referring to WN in your post. <_<

[/sinking to low level]

Canyon Blue? I thought that was Barney Purple. Either way I seem to see quite a few of the "OLD PAINT" jobs as you like to call them floating around. To be honest the Baby Shite Brown is better than the Purple. And IIRC there is still a little BSB on the Barney Birds.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/984135/M/

Magsau,

Your hate and ignorance of SWA are nothing short of sad. If you truly feel that your accusations have merit, please go to the FAA with them. I will pay the postage.

BTW, I had the opportunity to watch four airplanes (non of them SWA) land with a tailwind in excess of 10 knots (12 to be exact). They each apparently chose not to acknowledge ATC and land, or honestly did not hear them. The first to go around was SWA. The point is, if anyone wants to put any carrier under the microscope, they will find some dirt. Every aviation professional knows that. Your assertions that SWA endorses wreckless conduct is simply without merit. SWA has had more FAA inspectors on the jumpseat over the last five years than any carrier (mostly due to the good fortune of pilot upgrades).

To consider BUR and MDW as the same is wrong and proves that you do not have the facts. I am ashamed of the BUR pilots, and they may deserve all the punishment they received and more. It is a black eye that will never totally heal (there is a picture of that aircraft in every pilot lounge at SWA).

Please, try to have a happy new year.

Where you have parked had it not been for UAL?

As for the pax issue, do you mean if I need a new set of clothes I should buy a ticket on SWA and get free digs? Novel. Perhaps you should ad that to your advertisments. "Ding, get new clothes if you are too smelly to travel when you book with SwA. Can't afford the bus? Fly us."

I am not the world traveler that your are but I have worked at several different airports. Doesn't Airport operations decide where aircraft go.

Also, next engine change United has in BWI your airline is F**ked. I have saved your A** twice here in Baltimore since you cannot rent the capacity forklift needed for your change. I have let United use it twice so far.

I hold the keys to the only forklift big enough to change your engines on the field. I will release them though if I get a "THANK YOU" in advance.

Trust me, I speak the truth.

I am not the world traveler that your are but I have worked at several different airports. Doesn't Airport operations decide where aircraft go.

Also, next engine change United has and engine change in BWI your airline is F**ked. I have saved your A** twice here in Baltimore since you cannot rent the capictiy forklift needed for your change. I let United has use it twice here so far

I hold the keys to the only forklift big enough to change your engines on the feild. I will release them though if I get a "THANK YOU" in advance from you Sir.

Trust me, I speak the truth.

Airport Ops? Uh NO! Those gates are leased and the airlines hold the leases and use rights. How many times has UAL been assigned to park at a BWI gate by MWAA?

Interesting use of the written word. Should I say more?

To consider BUR and MDW as the same is wrong and proves that you do not have the facts. I am ashamed of the BUR pilots, and they may deserve all the punishment they received and more. It is a black eye that will never totally heal (there is a picture of that aircraft in every pilot lounge at SWA).

Please, try to have a happy new year.

Perhaps new pics for your crew room.
http://londonapartmentvacation.com/SW%20Photos.htm

Airport Ops? Uh NO! Those gates are leased and the airlines hold the leases and use rights. How many times has UAL been assigned to park at a BWI gate by MWAA?

Interesting use of the written word. Should I say more?
Perhaps new pics for your crew room.
http://londonapartmentvacation.com/SW%20Photos.htm

Diversion's park at a remote space here in BWI if there is no gate space avalible.

AHH; pointing out my grammar...No argument for the reciprocal relationship airlines have with each other.

In other words, I lend you my forklift ,you lend us gate space some where else? (That's the point I was trying to make in my last post.)

There is difference between you and I.

I can directly affect your operation here in BWI if you need any maintenance items. You just show your arrogance on this site here time and time again. What else can you do?

With that being said, I wouldn't do anything to negatively affect your operation. See, the big picture is we in maintenance do help each other out regardless of the uniform.

You wouldn't understand that.

Airport Ops? Uh NO! Those gates are leased and the airlines hold the leases and use rights.

Not quite correct - there is one airport controlled gate @ ORD. Extra points if you can find out which one.....

Jim

Diversion's park at a remote space here in BWI if there is no gate space avalible.

AHH; pointing out my grammar...No argument for the reciprocal relationship airlines have with each other.

In other words, I lend you my forklift ,you lend us gate space some where else? (That's the point I was trying to make in my last post.)

There is difference between you and I.

I can directly affect your operation here in BWI if you need any maintenance items. You just show your arrogance on this site here time and time again. What else can you do?

With that being said, I wouldn't do anything to negatively affect your operation. See, the big picture is we in maintenance do help each other out regardless of the uniform.

You wouldn't understand that.

Hey Bubble Boy. Just ignore Magsau. He probably doesn't believe half of the crap he says. He's in it to piss people off. That's all. The angrier you get the more he jerks off. The difference between you and him is that you will defend your airline, your job and your passengers. That is why SWA hired you. Frankly, if I worked for an airline that treated its employees worse than its employees treat their passengers (and that's pretty bad), I'd be bitter too.

FWIW, there is one type of person I have always detested. The person who somehow thinks, "the worse someone else looks, the better I look."

Mags and Busboy are perfect examples.

Go back and look at their JetBlue/US posts. Pond scum floats. These two don't.

Hey Bubble Boy. Just ignore Magsau. He probably doesn't believe half of the crap he says. He's in it to piss people off. That's all. The angrier you get the more he jerks off. The difference between you and him is that you will defend your airline, your job and your passengers. That is why SWA hired you. Frankly, if I worked for an airline that treated its employees worse than its employees treat their passengers (and that's pretty bad), I'd be bitter too.

Thanks for the advice. I've be on this site for about 4 years and Magsau's the fist to go on my ignore list.

FWIW, there is one type of person I have always detested. The person who somehow thinks, "the worse someone else looks, the better I look."

Mags and Busboy are perfect examples.

Go back and look at their JetBlue/US posts. Pond scum floats. These two don't.

The feeling is mutual. there is also one type of person who I despise. I despise elitist SOB's who think their crap don't stink, and put making a dollar above safety and the life of someone elses kid. You're a real winner Whino. You're the punk who said you'd "grounded me" for being concerned about safety. :rolleyes: As I've always said, SWA employs some of the finest pilots in the industry, and I've NEVER questions the professionalism of the pilots in this accident, I questioned the PROCEDURES, and the CULTURE, something YOU should have the testicals to do but apparently don't. Defending it with insults on web boards to people you don't even know is your chosen solution. I guess you think that makes you a real man, but in truth, it makes you a coward. If SWA was looking for an idiot who will do what he's told, without questioning it, and throws insults out at anyone who does, then it looks like they found their monkey in your case. Don't bother responding, I'm sure there is a naked F/O in an SWA cockpit somewhere waiting for his capt. Don't keep him waiting.

Back