Cows Will Fly

FWAA,

I know that SWA is hedged pretty good through 2006. It will catch up to them like it did everyone else when they are paying $1.80 + a gallon for jet fuel. SWA is not going to put anyones lights out here in DENVER. United has tried for 12 years to do that and Frontier (DENVERS HOMETOWN AIRLINE) is still here chugging away. No one at UniTED will post any factual information on TED as they continue to say that TED is ruining F9, which isn't true. Everyone makes it sound like SWA is coming in here with 200 flights a day without even knowing the facts? As for the stock, yeap when it gets back up to $14+ I am selling it :up:

I haven't depended on ANY company to finance my retirement :D just myself.

MrFish,

I've probably agreed with you more, than anyone else on this board !!

BUT my friend,
"It's wake up time"

A "wounded lion"($$) UA, not being able to "put F9 away" in DEN, is one thing, WN is most definitely another !!

UA running WN out of SFO/DL running WN out of ATL is one thing, F9 running WN out of DEN is another !

US is PHL "hometown" airline, but WN is'nt phased in the least.

Fish,
I'm not saying WN will hurt F9 overnite, but trust me, F9's is going to have a MAJOR problem on their hands
down the road !!

Everyone knows that the legacy's are flying "less domestic", and more Int.
Question,

Where is this "less domestic " flying going to go, and to whom ?

Answer,

WN going into a place like DEN, is a perfect example !!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

It's amazing that no one even knows the details yet but they all rush to judgment. Lets wait and hear the press conferance next week. And I didn't say that F9 would run SWA out of town, we welcome the competition. Same as we have with UniTED, who hasn't turned out the lights at F9. We have some pretty dedicated employees, the same as they do at SWA. And we are all ready to compete with them however we need to. We have a loyal customer base that will always fly with us, same as SWA or UniTED. There is plenty to go around here in the Denver market. I think what SWA is really eyeing is the reduced capacity by UniTED.

As far as the International flying goes, I don't think SWA is going to MEXICO, or Alaska from DENVER???? And as the legacy carriers continue to flood the international market place, one day it to will be saturated with nothing left to do but to lower international fares across the board.

I welcome SWA, I know alot of guys that work there. They are a good company, and definately take care of they're employees first.

My guess is WN saw the market, listened to the passengers and made a business decision.

But my question would be is this service going to truly be "new" service OR will ATA be liquidating and WN will be picking up the most logical hole in the system at this time?

scuba,

You offer an interesting suggestion regarding ATA's involvment. I imagine having access to ATA's information aided in this decision. I think it's great that SWA in going to DIA. I love F9 (minus Fish) and wish them the best. I also love SWA, taking care of employees first is a beautiful mantra.

Best regards,

Johnny Gearpin

... I imagine having access to ATA's information aided in this decision. I think it's great that SWA in going to DIA.

Whoa! SWA does NOT have access to any ATA information that isn't specifically identified in the code share marketing agreement. To have this info would not only pique the interest of the Department of Justice but the Unions at both carriers as well!

Thanks for welcoming us to DIA. We're looking forward to feeding passengers to Frontier for its Alaska and Mexico routes. (How's that for embracing the spirit of cooperative competition, Mr. Fish?)

Something that occurred to me is that WN may be trying to add some more Congressional support from new states as it continues its efforts to overturn the Wright Amendment.
...and also "in your face Dallas"...no repeal...no routes on WN with great fares to Denver for you!!!...another great wn strategy...timing is everything...AMR posting a 3rd qtr loss,WN posting a good 3rd qtr profit and WN announcing Denver in Dallas for everyone but Dallas unless Wright Amendment is repealed!!! ;)

Hopefully UA and its TED operation, along with Frontier will defend the market. A beautiful airport like DIA doesn't need a hideous looking visitor like swa (the brown, the blue and especially the flag of Maryland) dumping cattle off............."YOU must Defend This House!"

AstroLounge , How old are you ?

WN usually starts with 10-12 flights per day to 3-4 cities?

So, what routes do you see?

I say if it replaces ATA it will of course be 4 to MDW, 6 to PHX (increase from ATA 2 daily), 1 to BWI, and 1 to MCO.

If it is new service, (not to replace ATA) I see 5 to LAS, 5 to LAX, 1 to BWI, 1 to STL, 1 to MCO.

[quote name='astrolounge'date='Oct 22 2005, 09:30 AM' post='314380']
Hopefully UA and its TED operation, along with Frontier will defend the market. A beautiful airport like DIA doesn't need a hideous looking visitor like swa (the brown, the blue and especially the flag of Maryland) dumping cattle off............."YOU must Defend This House!"[quote name='astrolounge'date=Oct 22 2005,9:30 AM' post='314380']

...you go!!!...rant!!!... :rolleyes:

A beautiful airport like DIA doesn't need a hideous looking visitor like swa (the brown, the blue and especially the flag of Maryland) ....

Don't worry, ac500. Those airplanes only start out that color. They all change to GREEN on the way to the bank! :up:

Hopefully UA and its TED operation, along with Frontier will defend the market. A beautiful airport like DIA doesn't need a hideous looking visitor like swa (the brown, the blue and especially the flag of Maryland) dumping cattle off............."YOU must Defend This House!"
AstroLounge , How old are you ?

The funny thing is that you are just one of many, many people at the legacy carriers that think the same.....do you believe passengers are thinking, "gee, if UAL just had a better paint scheme I would fly them more".

Get a clue dude, thats why you are being left in the dust....you keep living in the past, the glory years...its over Gomer, step into the future and stop living in the past, LOL.

A little prediction, SWA flying to the following stations, within 18 months of startup:
LAX, SEA, LAS, MDW, BWI, PHX, OAK, LAS

The funny thing is that you are just one of many, many people at the legacy carriers that think the same.....do you believe passengers are thinking, "gee, if UAL just had a better paint scheme I would fly them more".

Get a clue dude, thats why you are being left in the dust....you keep living in the past, the glory years...its over Gomer, step into the future and stop living in the past, LOL.

Try as I might, I have yet to be able to see the paint scheme from inside the aircraft.

Latest posts