SWA to install larger seats

You right, they do look good.  Just hoping they are comfy.  We already had too many complaints about how "hard" the seat cushions were with the last change, so SWA had to change to a softer seat bottom cushion.  I mean the seat bottom cushion is the most used item on an aircraft...

congrats to WN.... but let's be clear that the seat simply helps to overcome the fuselage disadvantage that the 737 has relative to the A320 series where 18 inch seats are the standard.

still, good for WN and may these seats become the standard on 737s.

WorldTraveler said:
but let's be clear that the seat simply helps to overcome the fuselage disadvantage that the 737 has relative to the A320 series where 18 inch seats are the standard.

Except on DL, where you're treated to a magical wonderful amazing super duper 17.2 inch seat width on the A319/A320.
Winning!

But at least you're not shy to try to come out here and poo poo anything that any carrier that isn't DL does.

those are the same seats that NW had on the aircraft.

DL is in the process of modding the entire 320/319 fleet and they need it.

and a big advantage of the 320 family is to have wider seats. NW "dumbed down" the seat to 737 widths.

It should have been changed years ago; and the ability to have a 18 inch seats is an advantage that carriers including DL should take from Airbus.

again, WN is doing the right thing to put wider seats on aircraft. we'll see how well the other aspects of the seat compare but more space for customers is a good thing regardless of the carrier.

btw, you do realize that AA's new 319s and UA's 320 family aircraft do not have 18 inch coach seats?

according to seat guru, US is the only large US airline that has 18 inch wide seats across its entire fleet of 320 family aircraft

and even the new WN seats are not 18 inch seats.

All that money on seats, and yet they still won't add in-seat power to make up for the lack of IFE? Opportunity lost. Again.

eolesen said:
All that money on seats, and yet they still won't add in-seat power to make up for the lack of IFE? Opportunity lost. Again.
I have to agree with you here E.  SWA needs charging ports at each row for each seat.  I do think that most people know and get their devises charged up prior to take off.  Just not sure if all batteries out there can last for a full long haul coast to coast.  I think time will tell from complaints if SWA does or does not install them.  They were thinking about it real hard last interior mod.  Not sure why they didn't go with it then...

Even if they were to provide only a USB port, that would probably take care of a wide range of customers. When you run between meetings and then out to the airport, your phone is usually the first thing to die, and the one thing most travelers can't live without.

Back