Seat Width on US

I'm sorry but I was just looking at booking fares and to fly from PIT-PHL-FRA and back the entire round trip with tax, came to $508.00. This is why you find your legs jammed in the seat infront of you. For many decades, Americans told the airlines that this is the type of service they want and you all got it, even the few that didn't want it. Our seats at CO in coach are 31" and I have never really had a complaint. I am 5'11" and fit in the seats just fine and am always comfortable. Hell I even sleep in them for crew rest when the plane isn't bunk equiped. For what people pay to fly coach, I find this seating arrangement fair and if people want comfort and full service. Pay the price for First/Business, this is what it actually coats the airline to fly the plane. If everyone wasn't searching for the lowest fare, you would have 34" of leg room in coach.

People can complain on here all they want about US seat pitch in the A330. But, if the flights are still going out full then why should Tempe change? If the demand drops and there are consistently empty seats with lots of complaints from passengers on the wretched conditions of the seating, then maybe they can drop a row or two and make the cabin a bit more comfortable....

I feel every airline should go three class, First/Business, Economy Plus, and economy. The people who pay a coach fair that is reasonable and that contributes to the actual cost of the flight, should get a better seat with more room. All while the airline doesn't go overboard adding in more then what the pax paid for. First/Business usually pays for the flight along with what is in the belly and that is the reason they are treated the best. Keep regular coach as added bonus to a already profitable flight.

with lots of complaints from passengers on the wretched conditions of the seating, then maybe they can drop a row or two and make the cabin a bit more comfortable....

They're responding, but not by dropping a row or two. The plan is to change to a coach seat with a thinner seat back when they redo the interiors of the 330-300's, thus giving more effective pitch while keeping the actual pitch the same.

Jim

People can complain on here all they want about US seat pitch in the A330. But, if the flights are still going out full then why should Tempe change? If the demand drops and there are consistently empty seats with lots of complaints from passengers on the wretched conditions of the seating, then maybe they can drop a row or two and make the cabin a bit more comfortable....

You mean, remove the row or two of seats which they added when they decided to tighten the pitch in Y? :lol:

I feel every airline should go three class, First/Business, Economy Plus, and economy. The people who pay a coach fair that is reasonable and that contributes to the actual cost of the flight, should get a better seat with more room. All while the airline doesn't go overboard adding in more then what the pax paid for. First/Business usually pays for the flight along with what is in the belly and that is the reason they are treated the best. Keep regular coach as added bonus to a already profitable flight.

Agreed. Let the business travelers and those of us who will pay more for added comfort sit in Premium Economy. Everyone who cares about the cheapest ticket to the exclusion of everything else can tough it out in 31" of pitch.

I personally do not necessarily want the cheapest ticket......but I do not want to pay $5,000 to fly in J, either. Just give me something reasonably comfortable (Y+), and I'll pay a fair price for it.