SWA traffic declines

Where did I say I was up to doing it for less? Just because I enjoy what the job and layover does not imply doing it for less. I guess it is OK for a SWA guy to be happy by flying between Odessa and Tulsa all day. SWA just has to throw money at them to make them happy? Is that what you are implying? If all of the SWA people are so peachy then should we all be sending notes to BSB headquarters informing them to cut the salaries?

Perhaps you could work through your scenario then get back here with an update.

The fact that I get 21 days off and fly the max allowed must be driving you up the wall. Oh that feels real good.
Doesn't bother me at all mags. But when airline managment is looking for additional ways to keep costs down - they'll push to see just how low labor is willing to go. I'll bet there might be some junior pilots at UAL who'd love a 21 day vacation every month for a fraction of your pay......

The fact that I get 21 days off and fly the max allowed must be driving you up the wall. Oh that feels real good.
Doesn't bother me at all mags.

Why don't you two just get a room. <_<

We're, AGAIN, totally off topic, in a 'nyah, nyah' type of posting fight, between someone to be ignored and someone with no posting impulse control (who decided by the reader).

GIVE IT A REST!!!! :down:

Have you ever spent a day in the cockpit of a 737? I would rather drive a truck for the rest of my career than spend another day in a 737.

As for you payrates you can thank UA and DL pilots for securing your rates for you. That is right. The ALPA pilots have always done the heavy lifting for your Baby S&^% Brown Herb T&^d drivers.

Also, since you want to "Not forget to metion" something. How about your airlines inability to comply with normal aircraft performance specs.

Now Now. Why don't you go back to the Marvin Mainliner section of the forum where you can play with your buddies.

Maybe someday you'll get your wish and drive a truck for the rest of your career. I think that's called poetic justice and it would be sweet to savor.

By the way , did WN ever reject you as a job applicant for a pilot position? Such vitriol towards a really good company and employee group! Must be more to the story.

By the way , did WN ever reject you as a job applicant for a pilot position? Such vitriol towards a really good company and employee group! Must be more to the story.

No never applied to SWA as they were just a smaller version of the podunk airline they are today. In fact SWA was a blip back then and I think the return to earth is starting to shape up at SWA.

One of the lowest number of seats filled for the majors airlines and SWA continues to add seats at a pace that does not keep up with traffic. Too many experiments going on with service to cities SWA can not sustain and the hedges are starting to dwindle. This shaping up to be a nice picture for those that have seen SWA ride the coat tails of every other carriers labor negotiations over the past 30 years.

Tired of spending my dues dollars to give benefit to SWA. Also, just read that ALPA is charging SWA for technical services releated to the MDW accident. I hope the going rate helps make up for some of the gives SWA has gotten from ALPA over the years.

As an AA employee, please let me jump in here...

No never applied to SWA as they were just a smaller version of the podunk airline they are today. In fact SWA was a blip back then and I think the return to earth is starting to shape up at SWA.
I'm sure that SWA is bereft that you chose not to grace them with your application. Must be why all their employees always wear black armbands.

As to being a podunk airline, based on what criteria? They make the most money. They have the most loyal customers. They have, obviously, the most loyal, contented, happy workforce of any major airline in the U.S. A number of their long-time employees--and I'm talking pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, gate agents, etc--are millionaires due to the stock they have been given over the years. Is your stock in UAUA worth millions? Mine in AMR certainly isn't. Do you even have stock in UAUA. If that is a podunk operation, I would wish that AA become more podunk, thank you very much.

One of the lowest number of seats filled for the majors airlines and SWA continues to add seats at a pace that does not keep up with traffic. Too many experiments going on with service to cities SWA can not sustain and the hedges are starting to dwindle. This shaping up to be a nice picture for those that have seen SWA ride the coat tails of every other carriers labor negotiations over the past 30 years.
You just keep telling yourself that lie that SWA is doomed. What really gets your panties in a wad is that their load factor is, in fact, down, but they just reported record quarterly profits. As to the experiments with "service to cities they can't sustain," can you be more specific? Particularly in light of the record profits. Truth is that SWA has their operations down to a science where they can try out service to a city and if it doesn't work, they can go elsewhere. No fault, no foul. No Biggie.

If you mean IAD as "cities", let's face it. They are just maintaining a presence there to irritate you. If they decided to move into IAD in a big way, the rest of us would lose domestic traffic there. Just as we have in any other city to which SWA has provided service.

Tired of spending my dues dollars to give benefit to SWA. Also, just read that ALPA is charging SWA for technical services releated to the MDW accident. I hope the going rate helps make up for some of the gives SWA has gotten from ALPA over the years.
Here again, you just keep telling yourself these lies if it lets you sleep better at night. Doesn't make any of it true. For the same a/c (737), SWA pilots probably make more than any other airline. My guess is that the next time your contract is up for negotiation, your MEC is going to be riding the coattails of SWA in demanding parity. And, since parity with 737 a/c will mean comparable raises for UAUA pilots on larger a/c, exactly who is going to be riding whose coattails and getting help from whom?

Oh, and as far as you and I have International service and SWA doesn't, let's wait and see what happens when Open Skies takes effect and Ryan Air and others start their low-cost, low-budget, no-frills service across the pond. I have a feeling that those of us at the "major" airlines are going to be cutting amenities left and right just to stay in the game.

The truth is that we are all Greyhound busses in the sky to most people today. Yes, we have F/C, and we have customers who will fly in that cabin regardless of cost. But, none of us can make it if the back of the bus is always empty.

Have a nice day.

Southwest will still be here even after your precious legacy airline goes through the next downturn and subsequent bankruptcy.

Southwest employees have earned every nickel they've been paid over their history and no raises were a result of "ALPA Coat tailing." And I don't believe any Southwest pilot would trade their B737 job at Southwest to fly a widebody at UAL. You see they actually are proud of t heir airline and look forward to going to work every day. Their future is still bright while yours is murky at best.

Have a nice day. And try to get some help, really!

Southwest will still be here even after your precious legacy airline goes through the next downturn and subsequent bankruptcy.

Southwest employees have earned every nickel they've been paid over their history and no raises were a result of "ALPA Coat tailing." And I don't believe any Southwest pilot would trade their B737 job at Southwest to fly a widebody at UAL. You see they actually are proud of t heir airline and look forward to going to work every day. Their future is still bright while yours is murky at best.

Have a nice day. And try to get some help, really!

:up:

And, as expected, this morning UAL posts yet another quarterly loss. Three years of Ch 11, reduced debt, terminated pensions and slashed wages and it still can't show profits when CO and AA make money.

Its a shame there isn't an "ignore" feature on this board.

This magsau clown has a little chub for WN..always has, always will. I've been a member here for a long time, but do not post very much as there are a lot of WN haters that come on this board posting hate, I don't have time for it.

Its gets old reading BS BOGUS CRAP posted by WN haters and with WN being my company I am compelled to defend my company by posting FACTS, to counter their BS.

I only read the first paragraph by magfly but he said we are just a bigger podunk airline now, or somthing like that. The definition of pundunk is, "any small and insignificant or inaccessible town or village: After a year in the big city, I was ready to move back to Podunk."

For one we are not a village, nor are we insignificant. This magfly must not know that SWA is the largest domestic airline in America by passengers boarded...either magfly is stupid, or he is...stupid. :p

I know I'm stooping down to magfly's level but thats the only thing it understands.

Again, too bad there isn't an "ignore" feature here.

This magsau clown has a little chub for WN..always has, always will. I've been a member here for a long time, but do not post very much as there are a lot of WN haters that come on this board posting hate, I don't have time for it.

Its gets old reading BS BOGUS CRAP posted by WN haters and with WN being my company I am compelled to defend my company by posting FACTS, to counter their BS.

I only read the first paragraph by magfly but he said we are just a bigger podunk airline now, or somthing like that. The definition of pundunk is, "any small and insignificant or inaccessible town or village: After a year in the big city, I was ready to move back to Podunk."

For one we are not a village, nor are we insignificant. This magfly must not know that SWA is the largest domestic airline in America by passengers boarded...either magfly is stupid, or he is...stupid. :p

I know I'm stooping down to magfly's level but thats the only thing it understands.

You might want to add Boeings largest customer as well

There is an ignore feature on this board, because I've got magsau or whatever his name is ignored. Look under my controls and see what you find. I've had him on ignore so long I can't remember exactly how I did it. He's just a troll.

The quick and easy way is to click on the offender's name, in their post.

In the upper right hand corner, there's a "profile options" button. Click on it, select "ignore user" and don't forget to "update ignore list" to complete the process.

Their post boxes will now look like this:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: magsau.

· View this post
· Un-ignore magsau

Thanks, Luver41!!!!!

Thanks for the ignore feature info fellas....just did it!

The quick and easy way is to click on the offender's name, in their post.

In the upper right hand corner, there's a "profile options" button. Click on it, select "ignore user" and don't forget to "update ignore list" to complete the process.

Their post boxes will now look like this:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: magsau.

· View this post
· Un-ignore magsau

Thanks, Luver41!!!!!

Ignore is on for this wackjob, BUT for the record, as long as SWA pays me what they do to fly to places like TUL and SMF as well as the time I spend on the beach in PBI or FLL in the morning and having dinner in SAN at night and, of course, my profit sharing and 401k keep rolling upwards, I'm as happy as a clam!