SWAmay move HDQRS

I believe Southwest Airlines may threat to move out from Dallas to new corporate HQ in Phoenix Arizona unless if Congress will refuse to repeal the Wright Amendment.

My feeling I think Southwest will choose in Phoenix because Southwest has the largest employees in Phoenix than Dallas, Chicago-Midway, Baltimore and Las Vegas.

To those who say Southwest might be playing cities like Phoenix to its political advantage, Broome says it doesn't matter because what's good for Southwest is good for Phoenix. (Southwest says it didn't initiate any of this lobbying.)

"Any way we can get into the room to talk to leaders of the company, we'll take it," Broome said. "If our dialogue is helping them with the Wright Amendment, I'm not uncomfortable with that."

Although wooing the headquarters is a long shot, Broome said it's critical that GPEC and others stay on top of developments in Dallas and continue to work closely with Southwest about expansion opportunities here. The airline's growth in recent years has been more focused on the East Coast and Midwest.

"It's really, from our perspective, kind of positioning ourselves to be prepared. .. if the headquarters come into play," he said.

He said Southwest doesn't get the credit it deserves in Dallas and has to play second fiddle to American Airlines, the industry giant with its main hub at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. American and DFW are not in favor of changing the Wright Amendment, which was created to protect the then-new airport.

"From my standpoint professionally, they shouldn't be in Dallas where they're a second-class citizen," he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/200...oenix-swa_x.htm

Latest posts