TAESL closing January 31

AMFAinMIAMI said:
Rogallo

As much as I despise the TWU and what they have done to our craft and class here at AA with our help since we do vote for our contracts no matter how bad they are.

AA moving away from engine work is their choice and has nothing to do with the TWU unless you, work in Taesl, and would of worked for less or given up more just to stay there. That is what we at AA have done for yrs given into AA. paying dues is what we all have to do but paying on time and exact amounts is your choice. If you want to send a statement to the TWU go to Hand pay. Stop the dues check off. Get as many as you can to follow that see how much the TWU likes that.
Hand pay is only making it harder on your local guys and the 591 treasurer. So if that is your objective, then ok. As far as the international goes, they dont care how you pay as long as they get their cut.

Is there a place on the TWU or Company websites for people that are not at TAESL to see where the TAESL people were awarded/riffed to? Today was the day that they started finding out where they wind up going! I'm just trying to see how far I move on the station seniority list.

Thanks

Is there a place on the TWU or Company websites for people that are not at TAESL to see where the TAESL people were awarded/riffed to? Today was the day that they started finding out where they wind up going! I'm just trying to see how far I move on the station seniority list.

Thanks
Not that I am aware of. We talked to several guys yesterday from TAESL. It looks like it took 9/90 (AMT/OSM) to stay local. Once the 106 AMT show up at DWH I will be off day shift. I`m hoping to hold midnights with a piece of the weekend.

dvlhog212 said:
Not that I am aware of. We talked to several guys yesterday from TAESL. It looks like it took 9/90 (AMT/OSM) to stay local. Once the 106 AMT show up at DWH I will be off day shift. I`m hoping to hold midnights with a piece of the weekend.

I took a glance at the AFW seniority list and the top 09/90 person is 175 on the list. Did you break out inspectors and crew chiefs on your list? If you did, 106 is 08/90. If you do not break them out, 106 is 10/89. You have to factor an inspector, crew chief, tech crew chief going back down to a mechanic to stay in the DFW area. I doubt anyone would want to keep $1.75 and hour to move to a new location.

The last person to stay local as an amto was #177 with a 9-10-1990 seniority. There were 2 c/c that went to dfw and the lowest of the two had mar 1992 seniority.

A couple of questions:

Was there any kind of a buy out offered to the TAESL guys?

Was there a job opening to every mechanic and stores clerk, so nobody is hitting the street other then by his own choice?

bigjets said:
A couple of questions:

Was there any kind of a buy out offered to the TAESL guys?

Was there a job opening to every mechanic and stores clerk, so nobody is hitting the street other then by his own choice?
Yes there was a buy out offered, im not sure of the exact figures. I heard a total of 82 people(all title groups) took the buy out. 

Shafted said:
Yes there was a buy out offered, im not sure of the exact figures. I heard a total of 82 people(all title groups) took the buy out. 
Like usual, it's a big freakin secret.

Buyout was $22500 plus normal 13 week severance payment, plus money for vacation and sick bank. I also heard that 82 people took it. Last guy to get an amt position at DWH was 135 on the list, last guy to get an amto was 177. Quite a few heading to MIA and TUL. That is all 'hand me down' info from someone who had a buddy on the e-board.

I read an interesting and anonymous 2 page letter titled "Pikes Peak" in the break room this morning. Nice bit of "unionism" there fella. I'm wondering who the tough guy is that put pen to paper. It was well written but disturbing. Nice to see you thinking of your fellow mechanics as " bottom feeders".

I know right I have 18 years and that's a bottom feeder in Tulsa. That BS line about putting in your time don't really work when you have 18 years

Back