Talks under way?

Aa has a history of eliminating competition air cal,reno,midway,twa, Usair?

You're forgetting, Trans Caribbean Airways..and all the other back room deals that caused thousands of lost jobs in the industry under Crandall... Now it's payback time AA. You needed a guy like RC to watch the back door. Inept management and corrupt unions did AA in.

Now it's AAs turn in the meat grinder...

BA has also signed an NDA so that it can see the books:

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_21443622/british-airways-considers-buying-stake-american-airlines

Reactions: 1 person
And that's precisely why AA is where they are today. Had they capitalized on their purchases instead of dismantling them, they wouldn't be looking up at their larger counterparts.

that's rather rich coming from a supporter of an airline that has closed .... how many hubs?... and not just closed the hubs, but lost the local market in those hubs as well ... and thought that the choice had to be between PIT and PHL, for some reason unable to believe they could operate BOTH.

In fact, if US had retained its PIT hub and figured out how to make it work, it would be in a far different competitive shape than it is today - and not have this huge hole in the middle of its network.

In fact, US' performance is rather apparent, - whether it is transatlantic or domestic. The US airline industry still generates huge amounts of data that is available for others to see - far more than other airlines. It is precisely because that data is available that there are those of who know EXACTLY how successful an airline is at what they do - or not.

Before you declare victory, you might want to consider that the NDA process is not exclusive.... BA probably WILL NOT be the last. AA has made no commitment to anyone - and may STILL emerge as a standalone.

Even if AA-US emerge, you and fans of the merger COMPLETELY ignore the fact that there are a half dozen other airlines in the US who have NO INTEREST in seeing AA-US succeed and will launch an endless array of assaults on their combined network.

Never before in the history of US aviation has there been a time when a merger could play out in a competitive situation as aggressive as it is now. Anyone who fails to appreciate that is nothing short of ignorant of how the world works.

I never expected to win friends based on what I post here. I post here because it is what I believe - and I am willing to stand by until the evidence is sufficiently present to be able to weigh whether what I have said is accurate or not.

You might also want to consider that this isn't the first merger proposal that US launched - only to end up w/ US walking home empty-handed.

This is just the beginning of a long process. If US actually finally succeeds at merging w/ AA, it will need every star in the universe aligned in its favor for years to come in order for the merger to not only work but to succeed against the competitive assaults that are certain to come - and they most certainly will not involve only Delta.

And AA employees who have endured 10 years of h78l will be subjected to yet another round that will most certainly leave them worse off than they are today.

Ok [edited], you do realize that the person who made that remark was an AA employee right? I just confirmed what he said about AA' s track record and you chime in with your BS. It's no wonder that you had to [edited]. Speaking of empty handed, how are things going for you nowadays?

And you chimed right back throwing the mud at them.

Thank you also for confirming that you can only succeed in your participation on these board by degrading people.

You do realize they ban people from these boards, don't you?

BTW, I'm quite fine.

You're forgetting, Trans Caribbean Airways..

Hold on.... TCA was eight airplanes, of which six never flew in AA colors.... So let's not try to make it out to be any bigger than it really was.

They only had eight aircraft (2 727's and 6 DC-8's) at the time of the merger in 1971, and IIRC, and only seven cities (JFK, IAD, SJU, STT, STX, PAP, AUA, CUR).

Last I checked, AA was still flying nonstop to all those destinations from JFK or MIA, if not both.

WT,you degrade peoples intelligence on a regular basis, only it takes you an entire page to do so. As I have said many times, if you were half as intelligent as you thought you were, you would be sitting at the corporate hdq of an airline. I have never seen anyone so full of themselves, and BS as much as yourself on these boards. Sure we all butt heads from time to time but in your case it is the norm. Maybe you need to sit back and take a look at why so many despise you and your methods of posting at some point. If you conduct yourself in real life as you do on here, I doubt you have many friends, thus your 24/7 life on here.

Reactions: 3 people
Hold on.... TCA was eight airplanes, of which six never flew in AA colors.... So let's not try to make it out to be any bigger than it really was.

They only had eight aircraft (2 727's and 6 DC-8's) at the time of the merger in 1971, and IIRC, and only seven cities (JFK, IAD, SJU, STT, STX, PAP, AUA, CUR).

Last I checked, AA was still flying nonstop to all those destinations from JFK or MIA, if not both.
No direct flight from JFK to STX. One a day out of MIA. Leaves too early to pick up any connections. Eagle flys about 3 a day out of SJU, but that may not last!

WT,you degrade peoples intelligence on a regular basis, only it takes you an entire page to do so. As I have said many times, if you were half as intelligent as you thought you were, you would be sitting at the corporate hdq of an airline. I have never seen anyone so full of themselves, and BS as much as yourself on these boards. Sure we all butt heads from time to time but in your case it is the norm. Maybe you need to sit back and take a look at why so many despise you and your methods of posting at some point. If you conduct yourself in real life as you do on here, I doubt you have many friends, thus your 24/7 life on here.
If you can't keep up w/ the conversation, then it probably is degrading.
I don't "dumb down" what I say for anyone - and there most certainly are people who are capable of keeping up w/ what I write,.

You also can't seem to get thru your head that people don't have to be paid for everything they do; some people excel in multiple areas of life.

I have an abundance of friends around the world, thank you very much. I don't find too many responses I make that you aren't back in there just about as fast.

What you really want is to not have anyone questioning whatever you think is best for US.

Sorry, I'm not going anywhere. We'll ride this car 'til the wheels fall off.

Another prime example of your arrogance, If I can't keep up, dumb it down etc...
Again I don't give a crap what you say or question about US, as I very well know that your opinion has Squat to do with the outcome. My issue with you is the way you portray yourself as some type of a superior airline guru type being looking down at everyone else.

That's not even worth a reply Mikey Boy.
Can't wait to get my hands all over "Your American Airlines"............

From the DMN:

“The companies noted that there can be no assurance that a transaction will result from these discussions.” I think as AA looks at U's numbers they will see how bad a situation it is.

The primary concern here is enriching the executives - the "numbers" are nothing another Chapter 11 filing can't fix after a combo takes place.

a merger although the topic of conversation means little to me and my family as I have to find a way to subsidize all the concessions before me!!!!
The executives may benefit in some way, I will not benefit in any way