Team Twu Coming To Mci

Mojo, I don't write the news I just report it. BTW, didn't you say the Delltoons "just keep getting better and better"? I have a healthy sense of humor but those toons a pegging the dumb and dumber end of my laugh-o-meter. With millions in the bank can't you guys afford a better comedian?

Birdman said:
Mojo, I don't write the news I just report it. BTW, didn't you say the Delltoons "just keep getting better and better"? I have a healthy sense of humor but those toons a pegging the dumb and dumber end of my laugh-o-meter. With millions in the bank can't you guys afford a better comedian?
Nope, wasn't me :down:

Sorry, just can't keep my twuers straight. Do YOU think they're getting better and better?

twuer said:
Buck said:
twuer said:
Buck said:
I am a vet!

The TWU went to far!
SO AM I AND I WAS THERE!

It was all done with the utmost respect for the flag and what it stands for. You are commenting on something that you were not a part of and frankly it is getting old, but then again you have nothing else to talk about to do. Certainly not AMFA's record in helping the working people of America. :shock:
I was there also. Now you are commenting on something you do not know about.

I found it to be dusrespectful to those thousands who have died for our country. If you feel that that is the issue that is getting old, you have no honor.
I don't think you have the right to tell me I have no honor. Being a vet yourself you should know. What gives you (or anyone else) the right to tell someone who has fought for this country, OUR country, that they have no honor. And as a veteran I take offense of your comments, as would you, if those words were said to you. You are treading on very thin ice there pal.

When you say you were there, you mean that you were there when we consulted with a man who knows the ins and outs of displaying the flag appropriately (who was there as well), you were there when we had a "man of the faith" say a prayer before we started. If you were in the middle of that than I will apologize to you, but we all know that you weren't. You are going on something you heard just like the others are. They don't want to hear the truth because it hurts their "cause". You walked by and saw what was going on and you jumped to conclusions before getting the facts.

When I said that it was getting old, I was referring to the fact that you guys have nothing else to go on except the "coffin" incident. But you continue to spin and spin until you think you have accomplished something.
You are treading on very thin ice there pal.

Whatever?

What are you going to do?

Just admit that there was a coffin and the US Flag was on the same trailer. It appeared to many that it was disrespectful. It no longer matters what you say about this flag issue your damage is already done.

twuer, is that you in this picture?

coffin1.jpg

Also twuer, if there was NOTHING wrong with your display and prayer, then why has several Local Officers offered personal apologies to many members?

Seems to me that if they thought the way you do, then no apology was required.

Once again, the facts do not match up with you rhetoric???

Many will note that the TWU guest speaker(???) Brian C. will tell of the AMFA dream at UAL. Here are some facts on that subject, he never was represented by AMFA at UAL. He was furloughed while the IAM was still the CBU. He was a staunch IAM supporter, spending much time and effort as CIO does on the "fear change" campaign. This is a normal tactic of many in the past that have wanted to hold or take away power from people. It is also an un-American concept. America has always been about change and a democratic concept of the people voting for what they want with the elected officials having to answer back to them. Many of the people that try so hard to keep AMFA out forget the fact that if after two years the people are dissatisfied with their current representation(AMFA as it were), they could drive and vote them out. This has not happened anywhere AMFA has been elected as a representative. No one has tried to say AMFA is perfect or without growing pains but they have been satisified enough to keep them. The latest about the "FM1" arbitration is another example. The truth is at least they tried and HAVE brought it to arbitration, this has not happened at any other carrier. ALL CBA's have a FM clause in them. As for farm outs the UAL contract had specific language that prevented farming out work to furlough people yet this is exactly what was done with NO CONTEST allowed from the IAM. Many tried to grieve it yet were not allowed to. The Indy and Oak facilities were signed away by the IAM and many people were NOT allowed to bid for positions. These are facts not FEAR.

It's easy to state..."The latest about the "FM1" arbitration is another example. The truth is at least they tried "

Fact is, the TWU did not have to...hmmmmm

aircraft_artificer said:
Many will note that the TWU guest speaker(???) Brian C. will tell of the AMFA dream at UAL. Here are some facts on that subject, he never was represented by AMFA at UAL. He was furloughed while the IAM was still the CBU. He was a staunch IAM supporter, spending much time and effort as CIO does on the "fear change" campaign. This is a normal tactic of many in the past that have wanted to hold or take away power from people. It is also an un-American concept. America has always been about change and a democratic concept of the people voting for what they want with the elected officials having to answer back to them. Many of the people that try so hard to keep AMFA out forget the fact that if after two years the people are dissatisfied with their current representation(AMFA as it were), they could drive and vote them out. This has not happened anywhere AMFA has been elected as a representative. No one has tried to say AMFA is perfect or without growing pains but they have been satisified enough to keep them. The latest about the "FM1" arbitration is another example. The truth is at least they tried and HAVE brought it to arbitration, this has not happened at any other carrier. ALL CBA's have a FM clause in them. As for farm outs the UAL contract had specific language that prevented farming out work to furlough people yet this is exactly what was done with NO CONTEST allowed from the IAM. Many tried to grieve it yet were not allowed to. The Indy and Oak facilities were signed away by the IAM and many people were NOT allowed to bid for positions. These are facts not FEAR.
The people most disgruntled with amfa are the ones who were laid off.

They don't have a voice anymore now do they!!

Amfa FAILED to save them!!!!!!!!!

Buck said:
twuer said:
Buck said:
twuer said:
Buck said:
I am a vet!

The TWU went to far!
SO AM I AND I WAS THERE!

It was all done with the utmost respect for the flag and what it stands for. You are commenting on something that you were not a part of and frankly it is getting old, but then again you have nothing else to talk about to do. Certainly not AMFA's record in helping the working people of America. :shock:
I was there also. Now you are commenting on something you do not know about.

I found it to be dusrespectful to those thousands who have died for our country. If you feel that that is the issue that is getting old, you have no honor.
I don't think you have the right to tell me I have no honor. Being a vet yourself you should know. What gives you (or anyone else) the right to tell someone who has fought for this country, OUR country, that they have no honor. And as a veteran I take offense of your comments, as would you, if those words were said to you. You are treading on very thin ice there pal.

When you say you were there, you mean that you were there when we consulted with a man who knows the ins and outs of displaying the flag appropriately (who was there as well), you were there when we had a "man of the faith" say a prayer before we started. If you were in the middle of that than I will apologize to you, but we all know that you weren't. You are going on something you heard just like the others are. They don't want to hear the truth because it hurts their "cause". You walked by and saw what was going on and you jumped to conclusions before getting the facts.

When I said that it was getting old, I was referring to the fact that you guys have nothing else to go on except the "coffin" incident. But you continue to spin and spin until you think you have accomplished something.

Whatever?

Just admit that there was a coffin and the US Flag was on the same trailer. It appeared to many that it was disrespectful. It no longer matters what you say about this flag issue your damage is already done.

Whatever?

That's it Buck. You state that a veteran has no honor then say WHATEVER??? Guess I shouldn't have thought any better coming from you.

I am not going to do anything, and it was never my intention to do so. Are you feeling a bit guilty, thinking retribution is needed? Let me ask you this Buck. . .you say you are a veteran. . .have you ever been in combat Buck, ever not slept for weeks at a time, sleep with a gun at your side, been away from you family for over a year Buck?? And did it all for the country that we love and so that our families can feel safer?

Tell me again I have no honor Buck.

The flag being there had no relation to the coffin. Two separate things all together. The TWU takes a flag where ever we go. We have been over this and any damage that was caused was by you amfa boys trying to get negative attention out of it to make yourselves look better.

Whatever?

That's it Buck. You state that a veteran has no honor then say WHATEVER??? Guess I shouldn't have thought any better coming from you.

I am not going to do anything, and it was never my intention to do so. Are you feeling a bit guilty, thinking retribution is needed? Let me ask you this Buck. . .you say you are a veteran. . .have you ever been in combat Buck, ever not slept for weeks at a time, sleep with a gun at your side, been away from you family for over a year Buck?? And did it all for the country that we love and so that our families can feel safer?

The flag being there had no relation to the coffin. Two separate things all together. The TWU takes a flag where ever we go. We have been over this and any damage that was caused was by you amfa boys trying to get negative attention out of it to make yourselves look better.

I still say if you believe that hanging a US Flag on the same trailer as the coffin is okay, than you have no respect for those who have been in combat and those who have died for the freedom it represents. If you do not believe these things then I say again I believe you have no honor. If you have served your country in the manner you state then I thank you for your service, but you have yet to say that you have served in combat.

No relation to the coffin, it was on the same trailer. It has a direct relation, it is what soldiers die for. I thought you were a vet who had served? You do not act as if you have. The only damage is to those who have died for the flag, and your comical attempt at preventing democracy dishonors them.

Buck said:
Whatever?

I still say if you believe that hanging a US Flag on the same trailer as the coffin is okay, than you have no respect for those who have been in combat and those who have died for the freedom it represents. If you do not believe these things then I say again I believe you have no honor. If you have served your country in the manner you state then I thank you for your service, but you have yet to say that you have served in combat.

No relation to the coffin, it was on the same trailer. It has a direct relation, it is what soldiers die for. I thought you were a vet who had served? You do not act as if you have. The only damage is to those who have died for the flag, and your comical attempt at preventing democracy dishonors them.
Gulf War Bucky boy!! How 'bout you? You seen combat and everything that goes with it??

The only one you have respect for is yourself. That is very clear by your last few posts.

You guys spin and spin until it makes you look good. That's what you do and most see right through it. I have asked this before and I will ask you again, why don't you put up proof that amfa is helping the working people or protecting the profession?? You can't because there isn't any, so you find something else to distract from the real issues.

And I said if you did serve your country then I respect you for that. But I do not respect you for supporting the TWU. That is my opinion. We both have one. And no I was in the service during the 70's and 80's.

You say we spin, yet it is the TWU at American that has conceded in every contract over the last 20 years. Prove that you have not. The goal of mechanics represented by AMFA is to improve our profession. The TWU has stood in the way for 20 years. It was the mechanics of AMFA at Northwest that went to Washington D.C. to march at the White House and went to the PEB that pushed our topped out rate to $36.00 an hour, only to have the TWU negotiate it away. While in the mean time the TWU still had the OSM program.

Ok, I stated one or two items. IT is not what AMFA has done, it is what they are attempting to prevent the TWU from doing, that is to lower our wages and benefits further.

twuer said:
The people most disgruntled with amfa are the ones who were laid off.

They don't have a voice anymore now do they!!

Amfa FAILED to save them!!!!!!!!!
And what about the TWU members who are laid off? Guess what they have been filling out AMFA cards!

Why dont you try recruiting all the laid off AMFA members to see if they want the IAM back or the TWU?

While some of the laid off AMFA members may be disgruntled the majority of all the AMFA members appear to be content, however the majority of the TWU represented mechanics, both working and laid off, have filled out cards for AMFA.

Believe it or not laid off AMFA members have more of a voice than working TWU members. They can remain members with voting rights for $40 per year while full dues paying members of the TWU have no voting rights beyond the local level. I recently voted in AMFAs election. I can vote for or against Delle and I'm not even working as an AMFA represented mechanic but I cant, as a member vote for or against Sonny Hall, John Kerrigan, Little, Martin, Bakalo, Roberts, Orlando, Yingst, Drummond, Gordon, Conley or Gless. These guys make up the ATD but as a member of the ATD I do not get to vote for or against ANY of them.

Well?

Did you guys from MCI sniff the Bus fumes at the meetings and come out pumped and ready to defeat the craft unionist who seek your help in changing the direction of our profession?

I see the coffin made the TWU Express News.

Seems they didn't mention the upset union member that are veterans, and the fact that the coffin was purchased for use in a Veterans Day Parade.

Latest posts

Back