Teamsters during negotiations

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
I am trying to understand the logic in tulsa. During negotiations we asked for UPS wages as a comparison. Tulsa negotiators accused us of wanting to get rid of overhaul at Tulsa and the TWU ATD said "UPS doesn't have overhaul so we can't use them"
Now after negotiations the TWU ATD would rather see Teamsters take over and the Tulsa is endorsing the Teamsters!
I am confused between during negotiations and after? Your endorsing the teamsters that has 1200 mechanics for 240 aircraft at UPS and outsources heavy maintenance what happened to your hard line stand?

Reactions: 4 people
Your out of line brother.
We can do that.
Your missing the big picture.

And so on, and so on.

This proved that we need to educate the holdouts in Tulsa.

Reactions: 2 people
I am trying to understand the logic in tulsa. During negotiations we asked for UPS wages as a comparison. Tulsa negotiators accused us of wanting to get rid of overhaul at Tulsa and the TWU ATD said "UPS doesn't have overhaul so we can't use them"
Now after negotiations the TWU ATD would rather see Teamsters take over and the Tulsa is endorsing the Teamsters!
I am confused between during negotiations and after? Your endorsing the teamsters that has 1200 mechanics for 240 aircraft at UPS and outsources heavy maintenance what happened to your hard line stand?

They are willing to sacrifice anything as long as they (teamsters/TWU) can keep AMFA from getting into AA. The TWU ATD would rather you guys go teamsters than AMFA. Why? B/C they know what will happen thru-out the industry once AMFA gets in and everyone sees how they operate and perform. IMO once AMFA prevails at AA, it will be the beginning of the snow-ball affect for AMFA in the airline industry. Matter fact I would be willing to stretch an idea out there that Delta mechs would be willing to go AMFA once it's all said and done...

Reactions: 4 people

Actually it was SWA. Donnelly would use SWA in comparasions when using it would favor the company but excluded them when it came to compensation. When I brought up the fact that if they use SWA in some comparasions they should use them in all Steve Luis from Tulsa actually supported it. UPS was different, UPS was "a different industry". It was brought up from time to time and when I cited that their Line Mechanic per airplane wasnt that far from AAs once again Donnely chimed in claimimg UPS had a much larger fleet than they actually had, he was counting all the aircraft that contractors who UPS would use on secondary routes to deliver packages, I said then he had to include all the One world partners that fly people who book on AA as well.

Reactions: 1 person
Forest Gump said it best. "Stupid is as stupid does."

Latest posts