Teamsters turned it around at United

UAL was in BK during AMFAs run. Your a ramper so you need to educate yourself on M&R issues. AMFA is a Class and Craft union. It represents a specific group of people just like the Pilots and Flight Attendants. The TWU, IAM and the Teamsters are industrial unions. They represent anyone that wants to be in a union. They can not concentrate on one group of people because they have to financially please all.

BTW: Most here know I am a AMT. Most know I support a class and craft union. Most here know I beleive in a democratic union where all officers are voted in and held accountable. Sounds like your trolling. Take my advice for what it is worth. Do some research on past topics and read through them before you ask questions that make you sound uninformed. Maybe you should ask guys at UAL how things workied out for them with the IAM and AMFA and now the IBT. Coming up on three years at UAL/CAL and still no JCBA. Is this how the IBT handles mergers of major airlines then we know what to expect if the IBT gets in at AA or USAir. NO THANKS!
While your in the asking mode ask guys at Alaska Airlines about AMFA. Ask guys at South West Airlines about AMFA and their past experience with the IBT as well. If you can find anyone from the old NWA ask them as well about what REALLY happened at NWA. Ask guys from the past TWA how the IAM treated them. Should I go on or is this enough homework for you to do?

1aa .Brother I have been through 4 Certification Elections and 4 Mergers. You are like other arrogant,self-centered,blinded,and deaf CRAFT UNION/AMFA MC's who have no interest or respect for others who are giving experienced factual advise . Nothing you are saying is new or I haven't heard or read before . Good Luck ! Brother with your AMFA DREAMS . My bet is your going to be paying dues to the IAM/TWU until you retire. SOLIDARITY ! PS if you want to more info about AMFA and your in SFO stop by L-1781on the second Wed. of the month. I will introduce you to has many MC's you need to educate you about CRAFT -UNIONS.

1aa .Brother I have been through 4 Certification Elections and 4 Mergers. You are like other arrogant,self-centered,blinded,and deaf CRAFT UNION/AMFA MC's who have no interest or respect for others who are giving experienced factual advise . Nothing you are saying is new or I haven't heard or read before . Good Luck ! Brother with your AMFA DREAMS . My bet is your going to be paying dues to the IAM/TWU until you retire. SOLIDARITY ! PS if you want to more info about AMFA and your in SFO stop by L-1781on the second Wed. of the month. I will introduce you to has many MC's you need to educate you about CRAFT -UNIONS.

LL1781, Yea I miss beer & pizza nights.
:p

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2013/08/02/teamsters-we-did-not-raid-american-we-were-invited-in/

We have discussed this from the very beginning, right 1AA? Just nice to finally see at least one of the two sides admit that they were invited in by the TWU to help deflect AMFA from getting a chance to come in. When two industrial unions work together, along with the company, to help each other keep AMFA just speaks volumes, does it not? The company is so that they can keep their "behind closed door" deals going with the TWU. Both sides know that with AMFA the membership will be so much more informed of all this ins and outs of any and all dealings with the company, and they could no longer get everything they want with the TWU always caving into and agreeing with everything and not putting up any fight what-so-ever. I still hope you guys get an election so you can use the "write-in" option, but very seriously doubt you guys will get the chance. Can only hope you guys will get another chance after the merger is done.

You are right, how many mechanics do swa have compared with us, aa, or flag. Plus how much heavy maintenance do they do compared to the other airlines

skitch said:
You are right, how many mechanics do swa have compared with us, aa, or flag. Plus how much heavy maintenance do they do compared to the other airlines
Is it about quantity or the quality of the work and the work environment?
Again strength in numbers applies to industrial unions. Craft unions may not be as large as industrial unions but at least the craft unions focus on a particular group of people. The industrial unions have to please all groups and most of the time it is the larger of all groups that have the most say. Why? Because the larger groups bring in more dues than the smaller groups. Again Quality of representation vs Quantity. Which one would you prefer if you are a skilled professional?

And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

By the way, the Department of Labor does not classify Aircraft mechanics as skilled labor.

And there are professionals at all levels in the airline industry.

So an aircraft mechanic is the most important and prestigious job in the airlines?

Let me tell you something, the only people that matter in an airline are the pilots and FAs.
Airlines have proven they can fly and stay in business with minimal mechanics, did NW not teach you anything?

By the way shows all about you when you try to insult and attack instead of debating the issue at hand.

700UW said:
And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

By the way, the Department of Labor does not classify Aircraft mechanics as skilled labor.

And there are professionals at all levels in the airline industry.

So an aircraft mechanic is the most important and prestigious job in the airlines?

Let me tell you something, the only people that matter in an airline are the pilots and FAs.
Airlines have proven they can fly and stay in business with minimal mechanics, did NW not teach you anything?

By the way shows all about you when you try to insult and attack instead of debating the issue at hand.

You know damn well that the ONLY reason A&P mechanics are not classified as "skilled" is political.  That way the industrial unions can lump other job functions in that work group that are non A&P licensed to dilute the wishes of the licensed AMTs.  God forbid an AMT stands up for his profession - he gets labeled an elitist.  BTW NWA was coming apart at the seams after the AMFA strike; although, the media did a pretty good job of not covering the problems NWA suffered as a result of the strike.  If not for the fact that Delta merged and took over NWA, the wheels would have come off completely at NWA.

So any update from you guys at UAL/CAL?

Has the Teamsters done anything lately?
It has been quiet on the boards.

Several of us tried to warn the guys of the teamsters.  Most thought we were blowing smoke and now they know we were speaking the truth about the teamsters.  Good luck to you guys, your gonna need it...

Back