terms of DL-DALPA tentative agreement released.

you should read it.

they don't make more than DL pilots even now if profit sharing is included.

but since you have this allergy for telling the truth, even the AA pilots know were underpaid compared to their DL peers even before the latest DL TA.

I am talking wages, you mean the PS that DL's pilots negotiated another reduction for a huge raise?

If its so good, why are the pilots wanting more in wages and less in PS?

Reactions: 1 person
robbedagain said:
meto   whats the centiment among the pilots regarding the TA    or should say the general feeling regarding the TA
Unknown. It is still too early. Pilots are human also.. It's never enough. But they are rational so time will tell.

thanks Meto   Hope you can keep us updated.    Im just really surprised DL got you pilots a TA so early rather than the typical delays that comes with getting a deal  Good luck to all the DL pilots

meto says he is a DL pilot

there are no other DL pilots that regularly post on this site or who have identified themselves as such.

There are a number of other open sites where pilots gather to "talk among themselves" as well as a few that are only available to DL pilots and DALPA members.

Specific to the TA, everyone wants a massive pay raise. but that is not on the table and there is no reason to think that they could get it if they signed now or 2 years from now after sitting in federally mediated talks

I want to see everyone including me keep gaining more money; some will spend it one way or another and others in other ways.

but the collective bargaining process makes it very difficult for any labor group to make huge gains if their employer is not willing to offer increases above the average and that stalemate is exactly where WN is with its employees and FedEx pilots are in their process to get a new richer CBA.

It is for the same reason that DL non-contract employees stand to gain very little by going non-union. All of the recent unionization that has taken place in the airline industry has been from carriers that paid their employees for that craft below - often well below - what other carriers were paying for the same work, including DL.

DL's strategy with the pilots is to offer them incremental raises along with work rule changes that track with the changes that are taking place in the industry. DL is growing and will continue to do so, including for pilots.

I wish them well

robbedagain said:
thanks Meto   Hope you can keep us updated.    Im just really surprised DL got you pilots a TA so early rather than the typical delays that comes with getting a deal  Good luck to all the DL pilots
That's because you don't understand DL or how things are done here. DALPA is more an association then a union. How the vote goes depends on your expectations.

I would like to hear meto's perspective.

but the repeated comments I read about why DL pilots think they should get more is because of DL's huge earnings and the stock buyback.

Unfortunately, the only basis for comparison about what any labor group will get paid is what the market bears and the market includes other airline pilots.

Like all DL employees, DL pilots have done far better than their peers in increasing their compensation and this contract moves the ball forward - not with an 80 yard touchdown run but with another solid first down that keeps the competition unable to gain possession of the claim of the fastest growth in total compensation among US airline pilots and in the top ranks of US airline pilots overall.

Meto might or might not agree but that is a solid position for DL pilots and their non-contract coworkers to be in.

meto,
your contributions on this forum are valued.

actually Meto  I understand a lot more than meets the eye.     also my dad was a 33 yr veteran of DL and retired back in 01.  so I have a vast knowledge of the airlines..   DALPA looks out for their peeps just as any other union should look out for their peeps.    not trying to be a smarta$$ here

Reactions: 1 person
robbedagain said:
actually Meto  I understand a lot more than meets the eye.     also my dad was a 33 yr veteran of DL and retired back in 01.  so I have a vast knowledge of the airlines..   DALPA looks out for their peeps just as any other union should look out for their peeps.    not trying to be a smarta$$ here
Didn't say you don't understand the airlines. What I ment was that you have NOT worked at DL so it is hard to compare the culture of DL. There is a major difference between DALPA and alpa.All you see is union. Sorry ..no smarta$$

Latest posts