Texas

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
The AMTA is in the process of trying to have the accomplishments of Charles E. Taylor taught in the Texas school curriculum alongside Orville & Wilbur Wright. On April 5th, 2008 I spoke with Representative Tan Parker, District 63, Flower Mound, TX, about assisting the AMTA on this issue. He informed me that he would be very happy to help make this happen. If you would like to lend your support please visit http://www.amtausa.com/tx.html. You do not need to live in Texas to help history remember one of our country's pioneers. Thank you for any support you can lend. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

The AMTA is in the process of trying to have the accomplishments of Charles E. Taylor taught in the Texas school curriculum alongside Orville & Wilbur Wright. On April 5th, 2008 I spoke with Representative Tan Parker, District 63, Flower Mound, TX, about assisting the AMTA on this issue. He informed me that he would be very happy to help make this happen. If you would like to lend your support please visit http://www.amtausa.com/tx.html. You do not need to live in Texas to help history remember one of our country's pioneers. Thank you for any support you can lend. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

MOST LAUGHABLE THING THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD. MECHS. ARE NOT GOD, BUT THEY MUST THINK THEY ARE.

MOD COMMENT--This is a perfect example of inflammatory posting. This poster now has a few days to think about things.

MOST LAUGHABLE THING THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD. MECHS. ARE NOT GOD, BUT THEY MUST THINK THEY ARE.

Where in Ken's post does he say that AMT's think they are God's? History is filled with forgotten inventors. Nicola Tesla,Elias Howe,etc. come to mind. Swdriver, I bet you still think radio was invented by Marconi or the sewing machine was invented by Singer. I can't believe they still let knuckleheads like you have a pilot's license. Watch out! One of Tesla's ideas may replace your ass pretty soon.

You must not hear much. Anybody who knows anything about aviation history knows the importance of Chuck Taylor to the success of the Wright brothers and their airplane. Where the h#ll do you come up with this mechanics think they're god crap anyway? May your autopilot forever be on MEL.....

swdriver,

Thank you for your post for it allows me to correct your inability to read AND comprehend the written English language. Please direct me to where I insinuate or claim that AMTs are "Gods". Did you go to WWW.AMTAUSA.COM and read what is there? Obviously not because that pesky habit of reading AND comprehending would hamper your ability to realize that all I am asking for is for people to help put aviation's FIRST aircraft mechanic back into the history books... where he belongs.

Given that you are making a personal attack on someone who is trying to make a positive difference, all the while from behind an alias, makes me wonder if it is you who feels "God like". I have never met an AMT who acts like a "God". I have met, and worked alongside AMTs who are professional, skilled and knowledgeable using integrity to provide safe, airworthy aircraft.

Again, and you should know this, not because you read it but as a pilot (my guess here) that after more than 100 years of aviation have gone by and today's AMT has been taken for granted or worse... forgotten. The time is over due to recognize the men and women who are the true "Faces Behind Safety" in aircraft maintenance.

Perhaps you would prefer that all aircraft maintenance is provided by third world countries with next to no FAA oversight before you pray to "God" that you wish skilled AMTs were still around.

Thanks for your post though. As ignorant as it is you are still entitled to your thoughts. May I suggest that the next time your aircraft faces a "no-go" problem and the AMT comes out and repairs your aircraft you simply say, "Thanks.".

What do you expect? After all, he is just a pilot.

Yep, at least he claims to be a pilot.

Unfortunately, his comment got him/her quite a bit of attention - no doubt why he/she is here. Probably can't get any at home.

Then again, that's making quite a few assumptions. It may well be a kid that found a way to aggravate adults and is doing it for entertainment - oops - 'scuse please; I just described a pilot.

Just ignore the fool; it'll eventually go away when there are no responses to the child-like crap.

swdriver,

Thank you for your post for it allows me to correct your inability to read AND comprehend the written English language. Please direct me to where I insinuate or claim that AMTs are "Gods". Did you go to WWW.AMTAUSA.COM and read what is there? Obviously not because that pesky habit of reading AND comprehending would hamper your ability to realize that all I am asking for is for people to help put aviation's FIRST aircraft mechanic back into the history books... where he belongs.

Given that you are making a personal attack on someone who is trying to make a positive difference, all the while from behind an alias, makes me wonder if it is you who feels "God like". I have never met an AMT who acts like a "God". I have met, and worked alongside AMTs who are professional, skilled and knowledgeable using integrity to provide safe, airworthy aircraft.

Again, and you should know this, not because you read it but as a pilot (my guess here) that after more than 100 years of aviation have gone by and today's AMT has been taken for granted or worse... forgotten. The time is over due to recognize the men and women who are the true "Faces Behind Safety" in aircraft maintenance.

Perhaps you would prefer that all aircraft maintenance is provided by third world countries with next to no FAA oversight before you pray to "God" that you wish skilled AMTs were still around.

Thanks for your post though. As ignorant as it is you are still entitled to your thoughts. May I suggest that the next time your aircraft faces a "no-go" problem and the AMT comes out and repairs your aircraft you simply say, "Thanks.".

Ken,
You are the one that thinks AMTs cfan do not wrong. You are the one that thinks you are the almighty. Ther plane would not fly without a pilot and then it again it will not fly with maintance. You need to quit thinking that the only part of the airline is the mech.

Guys, just ignore the flack and go on with what the topic was supposed to be about... aviation pioneers.

Ken,
You are the one that thinks AMTs cfan do not wrong. You are the one that thinks you are the almighty. Ther plane would not fly without a pilot and then it again it will not fly with maintance. You need to quit thinking that the only part of the airline is the mech.

Hope you aren't flying. With your spelling I'd assume your blood alcohol level is a tad high.

Once again, copy/paste where I have EVER said AMTs can do no wrong.

Twice again, copy/paste where I have EVER said I or any AMT are the almighty.

I have NEVER said that pilots are not important.

What I have said, now pay close attention here ( I'll go rreeaall ssllooww for you), with more than 100 years of aviation history being written and with the rapid advances in technology today's AMT has been taken for granted. The public is not aware of the training and responsibilities that AMTs carry in order for the PILOT and passengers to have a safe flight. You see, the majority of AMTs are never seen by the public... so as the saying goes, "Out of sight, out of mind.". All the AMTA is trying to do is change the way the public thinks and perceives of a proud craft & profession.

the challenge is not flying the airplane
the challenge is getting it to fly
;)
<_< ---- When the Aircraft has it's Auto-pilot engaged, who is flying the plane?-----Answer: Maintenance!!! :shock: ------- And how often do they do that? :huh: ----- I think I've made my point!