Wright State University Dunbar Library

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
The AMTA is honored and proud to announce that Wright State University in Dayton Ohio has agreed to accept a bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor. This bust, like our previous two bust donations, will be created by the talented artist Virginia Hess. The bust will be donated later in 2007 during one of the many events celebrating the University's 40th anniversary. As details are finalized I will pass along the information. A link has been created on the AMTA web site, WWW.AMTAUSA.COM, which will show the progress of donations towards the purchase of this wonderful bronze bust. As always, thank you for your continued support in the AMTA, Charles E. Taylor and our proud, skilled craft & profession! Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

I would like to thank the American Airlines AMTs in JFK for their generosity and support of the bust to be donated to Wright State University this year. Especially Mr. Chuck Schalk. It is people like Chuck and our fellow AMTs in JFK that will enable the AMTA to achieve our goals of raising the awareness of Charles E. Taylor and those who have followed his footsteps. Thank you very much!

Greetings everyone. The details for the bust donation for the Wright State University have been finalized. On June 16, 2007 at 2:00 PM on the fourth floor of the Paul Laurence Dunbar Library the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association will be donating another of Artist Virginia Hess's beautiful Charles E. Taylor bronze busts. The location of this particular bust is unique in that there is a replica of the 1903 Wright Flyer hanging in the atrium, there is also a Charles Taylor Exhibit as well.
Our guest speaker will be Howard DuFour who is the author of the biography on Mr. Taylor titled: "Charles E. Taylor: The Wright Brothers Mechanician". Mr. DuFour has also portrayed Charles E. Taylor in an "interview" which has been made into a DVD titled: "Aviations Unsung Hero- Charles E. Taylor". Copies of the book and DVD will be made available at the event.
I would like to extend an invitation to you to come and attend this wonderful event and help celebrate yet another donation of a bronze bust of the "Father of Aircraft Maintenance" which will help to further educate the public about who Charles E. Taylor was. If you would like to attend I ask you to please RSVP me at your earliest convenience so we may get a proper attendance head count. I may be reached at (619) 395-6681 or at [email protected]. If you plan on attending you may find hotel accommodations by visiting the Wright State University web site at http://www.wright.edu/visit. These hotels are right across the street from the campus.
The above information will be posted on the AMTA web site shortly. I hope you can attend. As always, thank you for your support in the AMTA! Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

The AMTA donated our fourth bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor to the Wright State University's Paul Laurence Dunbar Library on June 16th, 2007. Our guest speaker was Howard DuFour with remarks by Dawne Dewey of WSU, Richard Dilbeck of the FAA Sacramento FSDO and Fred Mirgle from Embry-Riddle University Florida.
Photos have been added to the AMTA web site with more to come. I wish to thank everyone for their continued support in helping the AMTA reach out to the public and educate them about the AMT craft & profession. Sincerely Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA