Thai Airways Mulls Buying Seven B747 From United Airlines

Very bad news for Boeing--I think they were counting on a big order from Thai. As someone pointed out on another thread, it appears that the days of United 747's are numbered. In terms of routes, there's nothing a 747 can do that a 777 can't do for a lot less money. There are good reasons why AA, CO, and DL don't fly anything larger than the 777.

Where will pax preference come into play with UA dumping all 747s I have heard on many ocations that a person would choose an airline on the equipment flown(especially Asia)..and the 747 has been a long time favorite..I know that AA looses many pax due to A/C assignment on a route..say ORD west on a Super 80-vs a 757/67/airbus w/audio and video systems and way more comfortable..There is no replacement for flying on a big jet, with an upstairs...4 engines ect...[BR][BR]If they do dump them..I would LOVE AA to pick up a few for choice intl routes freeing up some larger metal for domestic markets!!-but with all this fleet simplification I dont see it happening