Thanks Ua--from A Us Cockroach

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
As I am a "visitor" here, I would like to express my appreciation to all of you at UA for all you are doing in light of difficult times. I have had three trips with you so far this year, and two have come off without a hitch--and the third was made bearable by a fantastic employee.

I had two back to back trips over the past couple of weeks--one on US and one on UA. The UA outbound LGA-DEN-SNA was great. I have noticed that you do treat us US Chairmans about as well as you do your own 1K's, and this is greatly appreciated. I was made to feel welcome in the RCC's as well. It was one of the RCC agents in fact who I am talking about here.

Friday afternoon I was on 1070/408, SNA-DEN-LGA. 1070 was affected by a ground stop in DEN, then was cleared out, but there was still luggage to load. The ground stop delay was 20 minutes, but the luggage loading took at least another 20. We had been told that ALL inbound DEN flights were affected by the hold (which is true), and that all outbounds would therefore be equally delayed.

I was nervous to begin with especially since my booked connection time was only 35 minutes (should this have been?) We arrived in DEN about 45 minutes late, and I went from B27 to B24 just in time to watch 408 push back from the gate. I had to be home Friday night as I had a meeting with a contractor at the house at 8AM Sat. This was not to be.

The gate agent was a bit flustered and said he would be with us as soon as he closed the paperwork on the computer, but in reality, he logged off took his backpack and left. I turned my phone on and there was a text message from UAL indicating I had been rebooked on 400 the next morning. When another agent showed up he said he could not help me and directed me to customer service.

Now I had the idea to ask for the RCC. I went up there, and a wonderful young lady listened to my situation, hunted for a while to find me a way home, and after being unsuccessful, advised that the next morning was the best way. She would have even sent me back to the coast and home on a redeye, but said UA would not be responsible for transportation JFK-LGA.

Instead of blowing me off, this young lady was kind, sympathetic and helpful, even though the previous customer to me had been condescending and somewhat rude. She felt bad after learning I had been away from home for 2 weeks and honestly did her best to find another way.

The topper was that although the entire trip was in F, the rebook was in Y. She had trouble moving me back into F, and held forever for the help desk, which never answered the phone. She then gave up, did it a different way and handed me a boarding pass. In addition she gave me the distressed traveler coupon, which got me a very reasonable rate at the Doubletree.

I called home and told my wife to reschedule everything--she was upset but understanding. I went off to the hotel, and returned Saturday morning and made it home without a problem.

I am always polite and respectful when dealing with airline personnel but this lady could tell how upset I was at being stuck away from home another night and she really did help at least get a smile from me...the compliment is already on the way to UAL corporate-I was NOT leaving without her name.

So I send you all a humble thank you and my best wishes for a successful recovery for UA--it does appear I may be spending some more time with you.

My best to you all....

Sorry to hear about Mother Nature and your rough journey home to the East Coast. On behalf of all of us at United, thanks for your kind words! Glad we could make it a little more tolerable!

Hope to see you on another United or Star Alliance soon!

FA4UA

Latest posts