THAT SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT RUNS DEEP AMONG AAA PILOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWA320

Veteran
May 6, 2007
Western hemisphere
JUST SURFING THE NET AND CAME ACROSS THIS!! INTERENSTING IT SHOWS JUST HOW EAST PILOTS WANT TO BLAME EVERYONE ELSE FOR THEIR STUPID ACTS.....

Full Version: Who is Chip Munn?
US Aviation > Airline Forums > United Airlines
Pages: 1, 2
UkridgeJun 1 2003, 01:22 AM
Well, I thought I would take a moment to check in and see if United was still in business and that I shall one day be able to use my miles to take the family across the water to Disney world. Of course I check this board only out of a prurient interest in witnessing the macabre manner is which the long knives are always drawn against United. These knives of course are wielded not only by media and corporate interests but even by the working stiffs themselves. Yes! It is a powerful illusion – that of the working man with sweaty brow and crooked back standing in shoulder to shoulder solidarity with his fellow clock-punchers. Unfortunately, this of course is a mere illusion and the masses have seemed to devolved into a frenzied mob that to this date still clamour and delight in the destruction of 80,000 jobs of their “brothers.â€￾ No, do not demand better from the noblesse (the management), merely delight in the torment of the poor souls who will with kith and kin be put onto the street.
So, as I pursued the board to see if that vacation may one day still be a reality, I noticed the mention once again of Mr. Chip Munn. With piqued interest, I sallied over to the USAirways board to read some of these missives that apparently so sway the U.S. airline industry. To be fair I must ask what are this gentleman’s bona fides?
As an outsider, I enjoy watching not the specifics but rather the drama of the events. I may err, but after having grown up on a steady diet of John Le Carre, I must ask that why would decision makers release information to, and even more markedly – through, a person that is to these very same decision makers a cost unit in the corporate business plan? In the Le Carre novels such a person would after the shout and tumult feel sullied by having been used and discarded by those in the seat of power.
I come from a very class conscious society and am often startled by the American desire to mix and match. . Rod Eddington (chief of BA, and yes, from Australia) was a Rhodes and read physics while at Oxford. He deigns not to play the blue collar sweaty and cavort with the workers. His propositions are not leaked from various sources. In turn the workers do not insinuate themselves into the executive suite. The same goes with the head of Lufthansa and even more so with Air France whose leader himself is an X (very pedigreed French background).
On my part I deign not to know what the specifics of your industry are. I do not know various BK financing arrangements and it could be possible that Mr. Munn’s bona fides do indeed lie within this expertise. All I ask however, is that within the drama of the industry why does Mr. Munn write so extensively concerning United and why in the name of all that is good and right in the world would Wall Street analysts relay information to him that could be better used to serve their clients? I would think that the other airlines smelled blood in the water and have done everything possible to make life miserable for United. Dissension in the executive staff at UAL? Yes, I hope so. Even your vaunted Bush administration has a rift as large as Europe between state and defence.
The last question I have is that the October dip requirements are quoted as an almost drop-dead date. In other words, if United does not meet them then, ergo, liquidation is automatic. Would not these dip lenders reconsider the situation on a case basis?
Ah, the real last question. If the government guarantees a loan, is this not a significant boost for United? They can default and yet the loan is paid? I cannot think of any lender that would not make this.
Cheers

737nCH11Jun 1 2003, 03:35 AM
This short version: Chip Munn = Ms. Cleo in a pilot suit.

The long version: Chip Munn was a former UAL pilot in 1985. He then went to USAir, which turned out to be a big mistake for his career. Chip feels slighted because during the UA/U merger he had his sights set on a UAL widebody captain position. He is now slowly inching back toward an RJ captain position, so I can understand his frustration.

Chip has turned into a bitter man. He sits around making up theories in which USAir lords over UAL, taking their routes and aircraft, while the poor employees grovel and kiss his boots, thankful to have a job.

Take Chip for what he is: entertainment. None of his unique corporate transaction theories has come to pass. Hell, the ultimate transaction was when UAL was going to buy U for $60 a share, and you see how that turned out.

When you press him on his accuracy he responds with, "Dave Bronner has shown significant interest in UAL's assets." No crap Sherlock. I'll bet old Joe Leonard at AirTran covets UAL's assets too, but he will never get them.

ITRADEJun 1 2003, 04:36 AM
----------------
On 6/1/2003 10:52:26 AM 737nCH11 wrote:

The long version: Chip Munn was a former UAL pilot in 1985. He then went to USAir, which turned out to be a big mistake for his career. Chip feels slighted because during the UA/U merger he had his sights set on a UAL widebody captain position. He is now slowly inching back toward an RJ captain position, so I can understand his frustration.

----------------

Actually, he''s an A-320 pilot. Thanks for playing though.
savyinvestorJun 1 2003, 05:35 AM
----------------
On 6/1/2003 10:52:26 AM 737nCH11 wrote:

Chip has turned into a bitter man. He sits around making up theories in which USAir lords over UAL, taking their routes and aircraft, while the poor employees grovel and kiss his boots, thankful to have a job.

Take Chip for what he is: entertainment. None of his unique corporate transaction theories has come to pass. Hell, the ultimate transaction was when UAL was going to buy U for $60 a share, and you see how that turned out.

When you press him on his accuracy he responds with, "Dave Bronner has shown significant interest in UAL''s assets." No crap Sherlock. I''ll bet old Joe Leonard at AirTran covets UAL''s assets too, but he will never get them.

JUST SURFING THE NET AND CAME ACROSS THIS!! INTERESTING IT SHOWS JUST HOW EAST PILOTS WANT TO BLAME EVERYONE ELSE FOR THEIR STUPID ACTS.....

Sky high states: Just surfing the net? GOOD ONE!!!! Or was it a BLATANT attempt to defend your "new" found seniority???

only stating opinions.

Sky high states: Just surfing the net? GOOD ONE!!!! Or was it a BLATANT attempt to defend your "new" found seniority???
only stating opinions.

Don't know how you got there from that sky and once more my relative position is the same today as it was just before the award. This is a little fact that you and yours can't seem to understand. We got no windfall!! That's all in your head man...

only stating opinions.

My "new" found seniority is 4% less than it was before my company secured the financing and pursued what was left of USAirways. I don't think losing seniority needs to be defended, especially in a "blatant" manner...

UkridgeJun 1 2003, 01:22 AM

You remind me of my wife....during an argument, bring up something from 4 years ago...

Again, AWA320, you have started another thread to start trouble!! You joined this forum in May 2007 as "AWA" 320, which shows your total disrespect for the new name sake. Any thread you have started as been inflammatory towards the East pilots.

MODERATORS, I can only hope you see this for what it is and take the necessary steps to either STOP or CURVE the flow of inflammatory threads. This only keeps flamming the fear and anger!!

I agree. AWA320 has definitely gone above the inflammatory threshold by starting thread after thread. Plus he's not nearly as amusing as USA320. :p

I agree. AWA320 has definitely gone above the inflammatory threshold by starting thread after thread. Plus he's not nearly as amusing as USA320. :p

Perhaps AWA320 is the "Chip Munn of the West". Keep beating a dead horse and reposting the same garbage in an attempt to convince yourself and others that your twisted logic and self serving agenda is reality.

Again, AWA320, you have started another thread to start trouble!! You joined this forum in May 2007 as "AWA" 320, which shows your total disrespect for the new name sake. Any thread you have started as been inflammatory towards the East pilots.

MODERATORS, I can only hope you see this for what it is and take the necessary steps to either STOP or CURVE the flow of inflammatory threads. This only keeps flamming the fear and anger!!

You are such a cry baby, "hey mods he's picking on me again" Just like the bus load of you that will attend the EC meeting crying again. It doesn't matter when a person joined the forum but as expected you had to throw SENIORITY IN THE MIX!!! You made my point for me LCC, that sense of entitlement once again.

Now that thread was from right here on this forum but you cry about the truth.

Perhaps AWA320 is the "Chip Munn of the West". Keep beating a dead horse and reposting the same garbage in an attempt to convince yourself and others that your twisted logic and self serving agenda is reality.

Yep, its official, USA320 is now a wall-flower.

Slightly off topic, but I'm curious why USA320 would have left UA in 1985(if that's true) to work for US. At that time, UA was a far more reaching airline with more potential growth than US (a more or less regional airline with big time aspirations at the time)

You are such a cry baby, "hey mods he's picking on me again" Just like the bus load of you that will attend the EC meeting crying again. It doesn't matter when a person joined the forum but as expected you had to throw SENIORITY IN THE MIX!!! You made my point for me LCC, that sense of entitlement once again.

Now that thread was from right here on this forum but you cry about the truth.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you did anything but flame you would know my position with US Airways and know my opinion about the arbitration, but you are here for one purpose and we all know it. We have seen the likes of you and we all have you figured out. So regardless if the moderators call you on your shhhiitt or not, I WILL and the majority of those that see thru you will as well. So go ahead and throw out the typical "entitlement/senority BS all you want. We've got your number!

i think the East pilots have every right to ####, moan, and complain about the new seniority list...

doesn't mean I am anti-west and pro-east... i just think they need some time to vent. Eventually, well, hopefully, East MEC will sit down with the West MEC and ALPA and see what can be worked out, if anything.

till then, let this stuff settle in and let these guys vent. I know we'd let the Westies do the same if it went in favor of the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts