The Apfa Country Club

Well, I don't see any others signing their post, except you.
:down:

Wow the claws come out when you disagree or question.

See TWA, they treat their own the same way.

Lee,

Unlike you, I am not running for office and calumniating other candidates through anonymous posts. You are the one who raised the point about leadership and I simply illustrated another quality one should seek in a candidate: taking responsibilty for and standing behind his or her statements. You fail to do this and it speaks volumes about your leadership skills and trustworthiness. I have kept my claws well retracted throughout all of your posts on the 4M. You know this is true. Yet I will no longer sit back and let you randomly and anonymously slam a man. Whether you admit it or not, you are abusing forum etiquette as you are running for office while simultaneously bashing opponents under the cloak of anonymity. If you are so sure of the merits of your slate, you should not have to resort to such underhanded and cowardly tactics.
By the way, I have absolutely nothing against Rock Salomon. Unfortunately for him, he has all but ruined his chances of election with you on his slate.

Sincerely,
Art Tang

ArtTang said:
jimntx writes:

President -- Steven Ellis. This is a "hold my nose" vote. I have a problem with his listing JD after his name. I think it misleading. Having a law degree does not make you a lawyer. You have to pass some state's bar exam and be licensed to practice law in order to be a lawyer. I have a BA in English Literature, but that don't make me Shakespeare. However, some people I respect are voting for him; so, I am deferring to their opinions.

I write:

Not looking for an argument here, but just to clear this matter up: If you successfully pass the requirements of a law school you possess the title of JD. Similarly, if you successfully pass the requirements of a doctoral program, you have the title of PhD. It is true that just because you have JD after your name does not mean you are a practicing attorney. Similarly, just because you have a PhD after your name does not mean you are a professor at a university. Nevertheless, the title is yours! However, Steven Ellis has never claimed to be a practicing attorney. After a certain group of mudslingers attempted to create a scandal about the matter, Steven further clarified his background on his website. There should be no confusion. If anyone is confused by the title JD it is not because of Steven but because of incorrect assumptions drawn from his appropriate title.
I have known Steven for over 12 years. He is honest, tempered, and highly intelligent. Additionally, to his credit, he has chosen to remain above the muck and mire in which his opponents love to bask. I will vote for him without reservation.

Art Tang
MIA
Just to play Devils Advocate== there IS smoke around him, too
Don't ask me--it will come out in the very soon......

woztwa writes (anonymously, of course):

Just to play Devils Advocate== there IS smoke around him, too
Don't ask me--it will come out in the very soon......

I write:
Yes, I am sure more anonymous posters, such as yourself, will generate some smoke and yell fire. Steven is a human being who is willing to step up to the plate and work hard for us all. Being a human being, he undoubtedly has flaws and some may come to light. Who knows? But so far, the best his critics have been able to come up with is the unsubstantiated rumour that he was in dues arrears for a period of time (if true, so what?..as long as he eventually got current and participated in all votes, etc...) or that he claimed to practice law because he places the earned title of JD by his name. Whatever the criticism, it is usually from some anonymous poster who does not have the conviction to sign his/her name by the accusation. The presence of one's chosen screen name often fails to identify the poster in a reliable manner and his/her argument, because it remains unsigned, carries no weight. It is therefore very easy (and cowardly) to throw stones and false accusations while hiding behind anonymity. I think everyone would agree with this truism.
I've wasted enough time on this. As far as I'm concerned, any post that throws stones and remains unsigned is simply worthless.
Art Tang

Art,

Remember this isn't Martys 4m. Different Rules here.
You are my hero Art......or is it OUR hero...............
LEE PRICE
IMA :wub:

ArtTang said:
...or that he claimed to practice law because he places the earned title of JD by his name.
It goes way beyond merely placing a JD after his name. On his web site, he claims to have provided services to clients which only licensed lawyers are allowed to perform. I don't care if those were rendered in Australia or on the Moon or Mars.

As an aside, most practicing attorneys do not use the terms Esq. or Attorney at Law after their name in their non professional lives. The only people, whom I have known over the years, to use the initials JD after their names are doctors who are also licensed physicians who practice forensic medicine or forensic psychiatry and those who failed to pass the bar exam and suffer from an inferiority complex.

With this candidate's résumé’s in mind, I don't believe for one nanosecond his new claim that he never intended to sit down for the bar exam. It makes no sense considering that he attended the University of San Diego, an ABA accredited law school with a good reputation, received an advanced law degree and clerked or interned at all the law clinics and firms listed in his curriculum vitae.

Royal Ambassador said:
ArtTang said:
Lee Price,

Is this you or the person you claim to have stolen your yahoo passcode who wrote the last message about Steven? It is difficult to tell if it is you or your other personality. The mudslinging and innuendo sure reflect your modus operandi, but one never knows after your disclaimers of the psychotic messages you posted on the 4M.
I was under the impression that posting personal attacks was against the rules of these forums.

:down:
:down: I agree, you are as responsible for mud-slinging, as well. Lee is not the only
one in "cyberspace" that has had her identity hi-jacked.
Before you post personal attacks remember--HE WHO THROWS THE FIRST STONE,
ART.

Latest posts