AA F/A's..Time for a New Union...OUST THE APFA!

I understand what your saying kitty. What I'm saying is if there were an AA "job action", you would be on the management side of the disagreement stating how worthless, disgruntled, ignorant etc the union workers are for the aforementioned job action. I could care less if you do not set/enforce AA policies and procedures or have a budget. Comprendo?

You seem to be immune to any type of discipline at work, and therefore no union needed, thank you. I have seen this smug attitude before, except it changes rapidly when a "vindictive manager" as FA Mikey stated walks his "favorite" out the door for cause. That saved $50 then buys a few rounds at the bar, with some tears added in for taste. ;)

What makes you so sure I have not been on my fair share of sh1t lists? Hell, I ticked off my GM in one department and screwed my self out of a 6 month TDY in the UK. Given my mouth and attitude, I am the poster child of someone who needs a union. I still don't want one. Not worth the head ache. There is enough protection for some of the dumb asses I work with already, no need for them to have even more protection. My performance is what keeps me employed. I do not believe it is as easy to can someone as you seem to believe. At least not in the departments I have worked in. There has to be documentation to support termination. I have very good review in my jacket. For them to say all of a sudden 'you're fired' is not going to work. I have seen people come back over and over again for dumb ass moves like that. There are plenty of lawyers out there who would love to have a whack at that.

BTW, I have been "stating how worthless, disgruntled, ignorant etc the union workers are" for ages, job action not with standing ;)

What makes you so sure I have not been on my fair share of sh1t lists? Hell, I ticked off my GM in one department and screwed my self out of a 6 month TDY in the UK. Given my mouth and attitude, I am the poster child of someone who needs a union. I still don't want one. Not worth the head ache. There is enough protection for some of the dumb asses I work with already, no need for them to have even more protection. My performance is what keeps me employed. I do not believe it is as easy to can someone as you seem to believe. At least not in the departments I have worked in. There has to be documentation to support termination. I have very good review in my jacket. For them to say all of a sudden 'you're fired' is not going to work. I have seen people come back over and over again for dumb ass moves like that. There are plenty of lawyers out there who would love to have a whack at that.

BTW, I have been "stating how worthless, disgruntled, ignorant etc the union workers are" for ages, job action not with standing ;)

"My performance keeps me employed"....hahaha, ok smart kitty. I smile when somebody says this. Its kinda like "I'm gonna sue the company"!!! You might, but you'd better have a pile of cash for your attorney, and a lot of patience while the company drags the case out for years. There are so many scenarios where a rogue manager that's real good can get you, and hang you out to dry. It has happened, and I've witnessed it. I know, of course I'm just full of sh*t, this never happens. Corporate America is always above board, right? :rolleyes:

Your arrogance exceeds your ignorance. I certainly am happy your not in a union, you'd be the first to cross the picket line. :down:

"My performance keeps me employed"....hahaha, ok smart kitty. I smile when somebody says this. Its kinda like "I'm gonna sue the company"!!! You might, but you'd better have a pile of cash for your attorney, and a lot of patience while the company drags the case out for years. There are so many scenarios where a rogue manager that's real good can get you, and hang you out to dry. It has happened, and I've witnessed it. I know, of course I'm just full of sh*t, this never happens. Corporate America is always above board, right? :rolleyes:

You are paranoid.

Unfortunately for these rogue managers out there. Unless you work in a unionized job, there isn't a whole lot of unemployed talent out there. Firing someone is very expensive, for no other reason than you have to spend time and money training the replacement. What you're suggesting just isn't that common.

Given the small percentage of people in the US labor force that are represented by a union, it’s amazing how the rest of us muddle through our pathetic lives. Please, give me a break. There are people who I have / am working with who have been with AA for as long as I have been alive. Where I am now, I am about 1/3rd of the way down the seniority list. None (well most) of us are not in fear for our jobs because of a vindictive boss. Same thing in the other 2 departments I have been in. By the way, how many different work groups have you been in with AA? I have managed to be with AA for nearly 20 years with out ever coming close to getting canned. Have I pissed off a few people along the way .. hell I hope so. Does that guarantee the future? Nope, but the odds are on my side. Not like people are being walked out the door on a daily basis where ever I have worked.

I am sure it does happen (I was a victim of it twice), but it is the exception rather than the rule. Arrogance? OK, what ever floats your boat. When did I say that corporate america was honest and pure? I seem to recall saying several times that they are just as corrupt and useless as the unions are. As far as I am concerned, they both deserve each other.

You do have one thing one thing right, I would have no qualms about crossing your line or anyone elses line if I did not agree with their reasoning.

Its not going to get better anytime soon. Montana was elected to LGA Vice Chair, today :down: . Our base still has two people who have no clue on anything. Our Chair and Vice Chair have no clue on what the base needs.

Montana, was not my choice; so don't blame me!

Hey kitty,

Go educate yourself, union dues are tax deductible, so you get the money back in a write-off.

Hey kitty,

Go educate yourself, union dues are tax deductible, so you get the money back in a write-off.

Hey 700:

Go edumacate yourself; deductibility means you get back the percentage equal to your tax bracket, which for most FAs is likely 15% or 25%. If they're married and their other half makes oodles of money, then perhaps 28% or 33%.

Please tell me you did not vote for that Pfaler(sp) character! IIRC, he used to post on this and APFA BB. I also remember when he got furloughed how he was at a much better job making boo coo bucks and never coming back and then low and behold, he accepts recall.

Perhaps it is time to put the APFA out of her misery and find another union. Internal reform doesn't seem to be working. The half that is in there now is ignorant and the half that wants to be in is insane....

Please tell me you did not vote for that Pfaler(sp) character! IIRC, he used to post on this and APFA BB. I also remember when he got furloughed how he was at a much better job making boo coo bucks and never coming back and then low and behold, he accepts recall.

Perhaps it is time to put the APFA out of her misery and find another union. Internal reform doesn't seem to be working. The half that is in there now is ignorant and the half that wants to be in is insane....

I didn't vote for any of the three candidates. I am so pissed at the APFA, I could careless who wins at this point. What has the LGA council done for any of us? They let AA take our transportation away, our bid sheet has never looked so good (LOL) and Howard Fried has the LGA Chair and Vice Chair eating out of his palm.

I agree with lots of people; it's time for a change!