The Big Announcement

----------------
On 4/25/2003 7:00:27 AM LukeSkywalker wrote:

PSA''s props may be faster, but the company that makes them is not in business anymore and parts are becoming scarce. So now what happens?

----------------​
Not quite. A group has acquired the 328 production lines and will soon (if not already) recommence production. The sentiment is bolstered by the fact that parties have acquired the white tail 328Jets that were not delivered just prior to FaiDor''s insolvency.

PSA is scheduled to turn back A/C this summer. No "official" word on replacements. The Dorniers are fast but they have small cabins when compared to operating costs. I wish everyone at PSA good luck, it seems that the WOs are still in limbo.

----------------
On 4/25/2003 7:48:30 AM ITRADE wrote:

Not quite.  A group has acquired the 328 production lines and will soon (if not already) recommence production.  The sentiment is bolstered by the fact that parties have acquired the white tail 328Jets that were not delivered just prior to FaiDor''s insolvency.

----------------​

Did I read that that was a Virginia company that bought the spare parts or something? They''re not going to manufacture any in the US, are they?

Luke S, PSA will get the jets first. SBY''s runway will not support a RJ ect.. to short, restricted T/O weights, ect. So you figure out what that means for PDT. SBY also laying off 18 MX employees. Only 3 RON A/C down from 5, see a pattern here? And 1 W/O wiil be operating only props, wonder who that will be

According to Ashby, PSA will start returning the 328s at a rate of two per month, starting in September. Within 1 year, they will have no more turboprops, which is why they will probably get the first of the jets.

The last hurdle at PSA is J4J/70 seat jet. The PSA MEC maintains that J4J was agreed upon for 50 seat jets and the 70 seat jet was not even talked about. There is a mainline pilot/management agreement that 100% of the pilots flying the 70 seat jets at PSA are mainline furloughed pilots.
PSA negotiating committee will meet with PSA management next week per managements request. Topics to include 70 seat issue along with training/pay/upgrade/transiton issues pertainent to the CRJ50/70.
The newly renovated pilot/fa training facility atop the Dayton Airport Inn is complete except for installation of the computer added training terminals.(CRJ) Moving company representatives were in the soon to be old training offices on Tues. to coordinate the move.
The CRJ program will be up and running by September. PSA management were in Montreal last week.
The 328 may be fast but the speed doesen''t matter much when ATC sees the designator(Turboprop) and drops us below ten thousand feet and then slows us for "traffic you are following" 140 miles from the destination! Pax fly on a turboprop and get a roller coaster ride at the low altitudes and its mostly because ATC''s flow structure is old, antiquated and in serious need of repair.

I have heard that before with PSA. I think you guys were suppose to do proving runs in RJ''s last Oct. Nobody knows anything right now about whats going on! I hope that one of the WO''s does get jets, I am so over the contract carriers and there poor service.

----------------
On 4/26/2003 6:51:01 AM WSurf wrote:

I have heard that before with PSA. I think you guys were suppose to do proving runs in RJ''s last Oct. Nobody knows anything right now about whats going on! I hope that one of the WO''s does get jets, I am so over the contract carriers and there poor service.

----------------​

I agree, since PDT took over our local service from Mesa I''ve noticed that not only have our customers noticed, but the flights are heavier. This is due to the service being much more reliable. We even can count on Dash-8''s instead of the oft subbed 1900 (when it operated at all)...

The best way to settle this is to merge the wholly owned and keep a number of the good 200 dash and 300 dash and replace the props for RJ one for one.
yeh i am dreaming

----------------

Here''s the beauty of Jets-for-Jobs, if you replace 1 prop for 1 RJ, you lose 5 wholly-boned pilots. Unless they double our fleet size when all of the props are gone, you''re screwed!

----------------
On 4/25/2003 11:57:50 AM N786P wrote:

Luke S, PSA will get the jets first. SBY''s runway will not support a RJ ect.. to short, restricted T/O weights, ect. So you figure out what that means for PDT. SBY also laying off 18 MX employees. Only 3 RON A/C down from 5, see a pattern here? And 1 W/O wiil be operating only props, wonder who that will be

----------------​

HHH will not allow jets so I am told also .Dave said that the first WO that all its unions ok concessions will be given RJ''s first well PDT was the first WO to have all its union agree and ratify concession. But its folly to assume that just because SBY will only support props and the laying off of mechs that PDT would be the one to be stuck with props. SBY is HDQ for PDT but I belive PDT could easily move its headquarters to CLT seeing the majority of their employees are already there, PDT runs the express training department from CLT. Also most of the routes that need RJs is into CLT and PDT is there already so I do not think we can guess who will get the RJ''s. The best way to settle this is to merge the wholly owned and keep a number of the good 200 dash and 300 dash and replace the props for RJ one for one.
yeh i am dreaming

1ab, I remember what Dave said, but PSA is to begin retiring the props at a rate of 2 a month starting in 9-03, all to be gone by 9-04. And to add insult to it PSA to my understanding has not completed all contract issues with customer svc. group, so believe Dave????? And I do''nt see "U", droping the ALG name, to much history, but the "Piedmont" name has allways been a "thorn" in "U"s rear.But one thing is clear, one W/O group either PDT or ALG will be stuck with the props, and only props, as per: Bruce Ashby on 4-23. Anyone at PDT as you say is, "dreaming" about getting some "quality equipment" for a change with no rubber on the wings and egg beaters.

----------------
On 4/27/2003 12:28:25 PM N786P wrote:

1ab, I remember what Dave said, but PSA is to begin retiring the props at a rate of 2 a month starting in 9-03, all to be gone by 9-04. And to add insult to it PSA to my understanding has not completed all contract issues with customer svc. group, so believe Dave????? And I do''nt see "U", droping the ALG name, to much history, but the "Piedmont" name has allways been a "thorn" in "U"s rear.But one thing is clear, one W/O group either PDT or ALG will be stuck with the props, and only props, as per: Bruce Ashby on 4-23. Anyone at PDT as you say is, "dreaming" about getting some "quality equipment" for a change with no rubber on the wings and egg beaters.

----------------​

Which PDT is a thorn in U rear would it be the old piedmont or the new piedmont..
The only issue I know of would be the RJ issue and maybe because PDT been more vocal about it..but I recall ALG being pi$$ed at the whole rj shituation also..
ALG PDT and PSA are just names that U owned due to the pass mergers..U can give those name to anything ..if you wanna buy the right to those names you can buy it you know if U wanna sell them

1ab, what would pi$$ off ALG about getting RJ''s ?? Why fight or grip about getting new or newer more passenger friendly equipment with a more postive image ?? I''ve flown on ALG''s equipment,it''s worn slap-out!!, and so is most of PDT''s also. My point of the PDT name vs. the ALG name is the ALG ties to Airways, the old USAir.

CRJ is coming to PSA SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.gif