WO ''s & RJ''s

The -700 has 64 dual class seats and a max gross takeoff weight of 75,000 lbs. The -705 (ie. -900 reconfifured to have 75 seats instead of 84)is just a rename for the CRJ-900 with fewer seats and extended range with a max gross take off weight of 84,000 lbs. The -900/-705 is nearly 20 feet longer than a 737-200....

----------------
On 6/24/2003 6:59:17 AM N786P wrote:

R/J''s at PDT.....does the word LOSERS mean anything??

----------------​
What is the rumor, remember rumor, about the mainline ALPA still intent on eating their union brothers by trying to force the WOs ALPA to sign onto allowing mainline pilots only to fly the CRJ-705? And no guarantee that the jets will ever be on property? Are lunatics truly running the asylum? Don''t the routes and equipment belong to Group? Everyone on these airline posts complain about the managements'' lack of concern for the employees, heck the union brothers obviously do not care about there own either.Comments?

----------------
On 6/24/2003 6:59:17 AM N786P wrote:

R/J''s at PDT.....does the word LOSERS mean anything??

----------------​

Jim,

I don''t think I understand your statement here. If PDT were to end up with the DHC-8''s would that make them losers? I don''t know if I feel that way at all and I work for PDT. I know you will have to admit that PDT is a much more efficient an operation than yours at present therefore a braintrust decision to leave the DHC-8''s with PDT may just be a money thing. The scope of PDT''s abilities far exceeds anything Alley can bring to the table so maybe the "winners" are really the "losers".

Instead let''s try this on for size. I just hope we both have jobs next week and next year. The equipment my company is tasked to operate doesn''t really matter to me I will give them an honest days work regardless. This may be hard for you to understand but we are all in this together. Just by the fact of where you work and what you do, you personally have a huge impact on all the WO''s performance. You do a good job too!!! If no one has told you that for awhile let come straight from me.

But instead of everyone trying cut down everyone else how about mainline and WO''s employees try to work together and we reduce the need for what is really hurting us THE CONTRACT CARRIERS.

Let''s not even go there. The last thing we need is to have a pissing contest between the WOs.

PDT and ALG are in the SAME boat. And pretty soon, I think we''re going to be on the same seniority list too.

You want to rage? Then let''s deal with Mid-Atlantic and the contract carriers. ALG and PDT are in the same position.

ALG has better management. This was already demonstrated by starting up the SSO in Harrisburg.

PDT has a wider scope in geography which has been shrunk drastically in the past 12 months. As a matter of fact, I''d say ALG and PDT basically serve the same turf thanks to the powers that be.

Let stick together, we''re going to need all the Unity we can get.

So if PDT has a new hire class in sesion now, when will ALG follow? With the WO''s in the same position, why does PDT have a class and not ALG?

from what I understand is that PDT had more people lucky enough to get out of this situation with other jobs.

As of 6/16 I was told that PDT and ALG are at a hiring freeze, no hiring after that date or about. PDT lost a large maint base and crew base when JAX was closed. Are the three whollyy owned carriers'' ALPA members going to let mainline have the choice of jet seats now that the CRJ-705 is considered by mainline ALPA to be a 70 seat jet?

Cisco’s comments regarding the CRJ-705 are valid in that the airplane is really a CRJ-900. Regardless, if ALPA agrees to management’s incentive offer to permit US Group CRJ-705 delivery’s, I understand the airplane could end up at PSA.

Best regards,

Chip

as AA Eagle gets ready to start RJ service from LAX to to NW Arkansas it seems that the mainline pilot group would realize that as they argue over weight restrictions US continues to lose market share. Or better yet maybe MESA will get more RJ''s and drag the US name down a little more.

dash8dr: Question..If PDT abilities far exceeds anything that ALG can bring to the table, why is it that ALG or more nicely put, the "SSO" has taken over several of PDT's "key" departments, payrole, benfits, ect.. with a loss of employees from PDT?? It seems to my co-workers and others in the industry that PDT's system, and the company at a whole is on the "down-slide". Losing at least 7 more aircraft between now and years end 1 in Oct. , 4 in Nov. , 2 in Dec.,and how many more jobs, ect..?? With no A/C due to come on line to replace them or at least, none mentioned, and or any "new aircraft" training begining. Myself and others look at the future of PDT as a fleet of 18 to 20 aircraft to serve the markets that a RJ, ERJ, or EMB, can not serve due to runway length or low pax demands. On the short term as of this fall/winter look for PDT to lose more market share on lines that exceed 60 mins. in length, when the RJ's / ERJ's, come on line. ALG has a team meeting weekly now to bring on the RJ's does PDT?? Time moves on, the writings on the wall. I'am prepared and have been. With out a plan..You can plan on failure.

Latest posts