The Crash, Sure Glad it Wasn''t US Airways

OldpropGuy

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
[BR]
[P class=MsoNormal]There seems to be an attitude among some, about today’s tragic event, that “I’m sure glad it was a contract carrier and not us.â€[BR]
[P class=MsoNormal]Those 19 passengers, God rest their souls (along with the crew’s,) bought tickets on US Airways and flew on US Airways. [STRONG]The fact that US Airways chose to have a contract carrier fly this, and other flights, does not relieve US Airways of the responsibility to provide safe transportation for it’s customers to their destination. [/STRONG][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal]Stop for a moment and think about it, before you say or think, “I’m sure glad it was a contract carrier and not us.†Who did these unfortunate folks actually trust to provide the service they purchased?[BR]
[P class=MsoNormal][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA]This event could have more of an impact on the future of US Airways than we realize.[/SPAN][/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/8/2003 4:47:15 PM OldpropGuy wrote:

[P class=MsoNormal]There seems to be an attitude among some, about today’s tragic event, that “I’m sure glad it was a contract carrier and not us.”

[P class=MsoNormal]Those 19 passengers, God rest their souls (along with the crew’s,) bought tickets on US Airways and flew on US Airways. [STRONG]The fact that US Airways chose to have a contract carrier fly this, and other flights, does not relieve US Airways of the responsibility to provide safe transportation for it’s customers to their destination. [/STRONG]

[P class=MsoNormal]Stop for a moment and think about it, before you say or think, “I’m sure glad it was a contract carrier and not us.” Who did these unfortunate folks actually trust to provide the service they purchased?

[P class=MsoNormal][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"]This event could have more of an impact on the future of US Airways than we realize.[/SPAN][/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]

it's called guilt by association..if MCDonalds meat food poisoned me to the point of near death(bacteria wise not the normal fat and cholest they serve as poison LOL) and they said it wasnt their meat but it's Cowabunga Farms meat from Podunk Iowa that was tainted and to blame, I would still blame/sue MC D's and perhaps not patronize.

Most networks have been careful to point out that the plane was Air Midwest, not US Airways proper.[BR][BR]Unfortunately, all the networks are pointing out the fact that the aircraft was a turboprop - something that US Airways Express is replete with.

Dear oldguy you are so right. What most people don't know was that our management team in CLT had to respond to that crash in the same manners in which they would have with say the crash of flight 1016....Management as well as supervisors had to help console these family members and try to answer difficult questions. I for one was supposed to be part of the "GO team" but I was laid off in November...Terri Pope I know you read this website...Hats off to you my heart goes out to you and the rest of the staff in Charlotte in both the management and support fields...I still feel I'm part of the family out there..I helped with 1016 and even though you don't know these people personally you still feel a big void and loss. To the rest of my fellow CWA members I know today was a somber day in the customer service position, but I know you did the best you could to help the rest of the customers to continue flying us. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family members of the passengers as well as the family of the crew members. USAirways and USAirways Express are still a big family and when we lose our own it still hurts...God Bless...
MLP

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/8/2003 4:47:15 PM OldpropGuy wrote:
[P] [BR][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal]There seems to be an attitude among some, about today’s tragic event, that “I’m sure glad it was a contract carrier and not us.â€[BR][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal]Those 19 passengers, God rest their souls (along with the crew’s,) bought tickets on US Airways and flew on US Airways. [STRONG]The fact that US Airways chose to have a contract carrier fly this, and other flights, does not relieve US Airways of the responsibility to provide safe transportation for it’s customers to their destination. [/STRONG][BR][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal]Stop for a moment and think about it, before you say or think, “I’m sure glad it was a contract carrier and not us.†Who did these unfortunate folks actually trust to provide the service they purchased?[BR][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal][SPAN AR-SA" mso-bidi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: mso-ansi-language: Roman?; New ?Times mso-fareast-font-family: FONT-FAMILY: 12pt;]This event could have more of an impact on the future of US Airways than we realize.[/SPAN][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]If it's got the US Airways livery on the skin, it might as well be a US Airways plane. As far as the travelling public is concerned, the crash was a US Airways flight. [/P]

Which brings me back to "Why doesnt USAir have them fly under their own names and colors and just do the computer/baggage interlining" Whats the big deal about HAVING TO HAVE the contracts flying USAir's name (like Express is a big differential in the public's mind!) and its colors....WHATS THE POINT?