The Cuts Have Started

thank you for the detailed reply.......i must tell you i had info that we were getting the airbus work here in PIT.i even argued the sensibilty of having it done in PIT with another esteemed member of this forum.....his opinion was that it made more sense doing it in CLT....maybe so...i said...but i told him yes you are probably right ,but i also added after having spent so many years with this company have you ever seen them do anything using common sense??then we got the word yes indeed they are doing them in PIT. i rest my case.
from what i could make sense out of the track plan,it looks like you guys will do several 'q' checks and a bunch of 'c' checks in that big hangar of yours....so be happy you too have work. presti considered moving out of CLT so don't think you or anyone else has an ace in the hole in these days of mass confusion.
737 work will "go away" around 2009 so you guys better think out of the box on that...
Frank and Bill have "done it again"...through some intense lobbying and smooching , it looks for the near term we got the long term work.....
hey maybe if we make it that far they'll send the 's' checks back your way and maybe MAA will be mainline and we'll be doing phase checks here on radio controlled RJ's...
have a great USAir day.....
Yet here we are 3 years later having to move the work and all the supporting items back to CLT again...
guy its been '98 or 2000 when they came up here....was when i was doing lead time in 435.

From I what I heard the company wanted to outsource ALL maintenance and close PIT and leave CLT open with 737 C-checks.

And that came from the man with the very vulgar vocabulary.

700UW said:
From I what I heard the company wanted to outsource ALL maintenance and close PIT and leave CLT open with 737 C-checks.

[post="243705"][/post]​
i know what you refer but since that day in the bus he was intensly lobbied from both sides of the fence if you know what i mean....
why are they smiling??

700UW said:

[post="243705"][/post]​

Well is that any surprize? Don't you always want and ask for everything only to back off to lessen the final blow? Though you can't call what went down negotiations the company still used the onesided art of negotiation. What it came down to was both sides were over barrel both sides wanted to survive (one side wanted at least something in return if they gave up hense the yes outcome) and both sides were scared.

What was given away to keep open 2 maintenance bases, skill pay,license pay,shift pay, vacation,holidays, who knows. The way the IAM negotiates in secret behind closed doors I guarantee you, we will never know. At least AMFA negotiates in the open with members being able to sit in on negotiations! Think about it!

usjacket said:
What was given away to keep open 2 maintenance bases, skill pay,license pay,shift pay, vacation,holidays, who knows. The way the IAM negotiates in secret behind closed doors I guarantee you, we will never know.  At least AMFA negotiates in the open with members being able to sit in on negotiations! Think about it!
[post="243712"][/post]​

Are you saying that AMFA never ever talks behind closed doors unbeknownst by the membership? That the company never shares proprietary financial and other information with union and no possible strategies are discussed? Are you that naive?

usairways_vote_NO said:
Are you saying that AMFA never ever talks behind closed doors unbeknownst by the membership? That the company never shares proprietary financial and other information with union and no possible strategies are discussed? Are you that naive?
[post="243714"][/post]​
Maybe and maybe not. I do believe the IAM keeps their members in the dark intentionally and that AMFA does a better job of informing their members of WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!

usjacket said:
Maybe and maybe not. I do believe the IAM keeps their members in the dark intentionally and that AMFA does a better job of informing their members of WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!
[post="243717"][/post]​

Maybe maybe not, maybe they just want you to feel all comfy before the ...

Why did you yell the last part I always think of Sam Kinnison when posters do that :D

usjacket said:
What was given away to keep open 2 maintenance bases, skill pay,license pay,shift pay, vacation,holidays, who knows. The way the IAM negotiates in secret behind closed doors I guarantee you, we will never know. At least AMFA negotiates in the open with members being able to sit in on negotiations! Think about it!
[post="243712"][/post]​
40 million to close PIT so go figure...it was worth it to keep some still on the payroll even though others will exit. limits the loss if you will...do i like it ? no....i voted no then yes to strike......

Does the IAM still rant about having the 'best contract in the industry'? How pathetic that an A&P with over 20 years of experience makes only forty some thousand dollars a year. You all ought to be proud of your poor 'yes' voting selves.

-And the sweetener is that you can never afford to retire. Enjoy!

Latest posts