The Cwa Vote may be ruled Invalid

AgtN3

Aug 20, 2002
Might the company and Cwa have blundered again
It seems in order to secure a Yes vote the cwa passed out voting rights to members that were not on the active payroll or paying dues at this time. What a way to slant a vote. I would tend to believe that the result could be an invalid vote.. Anybody know the law on this

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/17/2002 9:24:17 PM A320 Driver wrote:

Under the "Rules of Gore", you can slice em and dice em any way you like...it still passes.

"I crack myself up" Mav

----------------
[/blockquote]
Thats what is in question Here HMMMMMM Maybe NOT

Remember, I'm in Florida.....whats the problem?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/17/2002 9:12:09 PM tadjr wrote:

24 % of the people voting yes were not on the payroll???
That would be a lot of people voting yes who are no longer here...
----------------
[/blockquote]
Do the math 20% of 10000 is 2000 and we used to have 10000 working for us as cwa employees before 9/11 also if it were only One person not working here and not paying dues it would be almost like dead people voting or unregistered voters walking into the precincts

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/17/2002 8:05:39 PM AgtN3 wrote:

Might the company and Cwa have blundered again
It seems in order to secure a Yes vote the cwa passed out voting rights to members that were not on the active payroll or paying dues at this time. What a way to slant a vote. I would tend to believe that the result could be an invalid vote.. Anybody know the law on this
----------------
[/blockquote]
I think the rules are probably whatever your union says they are. If this is normal for your group, then that's the way it is....

yes, furloughed employees voted but weren't we entitled to? We keep hearing we are still part of the US Airways family so why shouldn't we have had a say in our future too?

I think you're stretching on this one. First, whether or not voting rights extend to furloughed people depends on what your bylaws say. You should have a copy of these. Second, the vote was not at all close. By your assumption, the union sent ballots to ALL furloughed people, that doing so was illegal (you don't know this now), that ALL furloughed people cast votes, that ALL votes cast by furloughed people were to accept concessions and that NONE of the legal votes were to accept concessions. The union has records as to who voted.

Give it up. Face the fact that an overwhelming majority of your collegues voted to do the right thing. If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to work at US Airways.

Not a problem....more than happy to vote once again...I was one of the 75%ers....Would it not be ironic if we do vote once again and it passes greater than that 75pct??? Would tend to agree with Itrade...does sound a little like sour grapes coming from someone....oh well cannot please everyone!!!!

Never said I liked it or not just said they might have blundered by accident or maybe by design who knows for sure
except ????? Just Don't think what they did was above board and why take a chance for invalidation or for this kind of thought. I know the IAM specifically stated that non dues inactive employees not allowed to vote

When you are a furloughed member, you are a associate member since there are
no dues being paid. All active, on leave and furloughed members are
eligible to vote on any contract issues.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

There's your answer boys and girls, straight from my CWA local......there will be no revote....end of story.