(the).."GOP"

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
The GOP meets(today I think), to try to figure out...Who they are,............and Where they are Going. One main faction, wants to concentrate their "sales pitch" in the NE...(good luck),...Another faction wants to "sell" to African Americans and Hispanics, and of course the Evangelicals want everything to stay..Status Quo.

Now to further complicate things(going forward), they have ("going Rogue") Sara Palin waiting in the wings,.. to drive the Grand Old Party (even further) Backwards.

Once the US Coast Guard..completes it "search and rescue" mission for Swept Away GOP Senators Elizabeth Dole, and(my former NH. Senator) John Sununu, they,(Dole and Sununu) could offer the GOP gathering, some very Sage advise as to where the party "could" direct it's efforts ! One known Fact, is that in just under 2 years, the GOP has.."19" republican senators up for re-election(2010), and their "19" is a significant number More than the number of Democrat senators that are up in 2010.

A scenario to ponder.

A. Will the "minority" play HARDBALL with the new Administration ?
or
B. Will a noticeable number try to curry favor ?

Logically, I'm guessing on.."B".

Palin is shaping up to be the GOP's Hillary Clinton in terms of polarization. Coupling that, with any more Disastrous miscalculations on the part of the GOP congress, (between now and 2010) could very easily spell political Genocide for the G O P.

Dont take my word for it, but rather,..listen to the "words" of Yesterdays MANDATE.

Our country is in NO MOOD for petty(name calling) BS,..or "Joe the Plumber" !!!

Biggest LOSERS in all of this ?...............Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity !!

"W"(without a care-in-the-world) is packing his gym bag for Crawford, to go brush clearin', and a few games of "fetch" with his pooch Barney, While Cheney and Rove have an "eye peeled" for the US Marshalls who want to "give them a ride"(in cuffs if needed) To a little party that Democratic chairman Henry Waxman has planned for them. :wub: :wub:

It's time for the party to come to grips with abandoning their core principles and values.That's why it's in such chaos.
The GOP has to quit trying to 'curry favor' as you put it to a party that doesn't want to be their 'friend' or want them to exist.We live in a one party country and anyone who can't see that has issues.
Gingrich, whether you like him or not revitalized that waning base some time ago.GOP at this time doesn't have the leaders or visionaries to do this.
Give them credit for looking within though.....there are internal problems in the DEM party that they too never deal with....the Dem's touted a lot of merde last time and haven't done anything more for the country than bicker.They talk of 'partisanship' with Obama at the helm...The Dems aren't about partisanship in any sense of the word.Never have,never will.Its all about them.
There still is a Conservative base that wants leadership...they flexed their muscle this election to overturn same sex marriage and negate it in several other states....the Conservative cause is not lost by any means.Hopefully the President Elect and both Houses will provide ample fodder for the next election,and revitalize the Conservative base.God help us all.

Biggest LOSERS in all of this ?...............Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity !!

IMO Obama being elected is a blessing for those two. It gives them four years of guaranteed material for them to feed on. Every decision Obama makes will be analyzed and criticized by them. Look at all the money Limbaugh made when Clinton was president. How did he make it, by talking about Clinton. Kind of ironic when you think about it.

IMO Obama being elected is a blessing for those two. It gives them four years of guaranteed material for them to feed on. Every decision Obama makes will be analyzed and criticized by them. Look at all the money Limbaugh made when Clinton was president. How did he make it, by talking about Clinton. Kind of ironic when you think about it.

The immigration bill wouldn't have failed if these and many others didn't let the populace know how they were getting screwed.

God bless the first amendment. :up:

You know...in all fairness...they didn't cut Bush much slack either 777.

The immigration bill wouldn't have failed if these and many others didn't let the populace know how they were getting screwed.

God bless the first amendment. :up:

You know...in all fairness...they didn't cut Bush much slack either 777.

ARE YOU JOKING? Oh so Rush saved us from the immigration meltdown,and without him Americans wouldn't have known the tell-tale signs of the attack on our middleclass by unchecked immigration ? The rush to deindustrialize while Bush and Fox were scheming to encourage Mexicans to flood the U.S. At the same time Bush was using the Commerce Dept. to reclassify jobs in fast-food restaurants as "manufacturing jobs" to offset the obvious move to kill wage standards by boosting the service sector. Then they tried to assure a wage standard meltdown by claimiing that illegals working in in our country were not covered by minimum wage laws because they're not citizens.

You know something dell your line of thought sounds really familiar. My thirteen year old son came home yesterday and told yet another story about one of his classmates that comes to school and parrots his drunken parents thoughts about Barack Obama,and blacks and whatever else they have to grasp to, to give their lives some sort of meaning.

You sir parrot the republican meltdown.

ARE YOU JOKING? Oh so Rush saved us from the immigration meltdown,and without him Americans wouldn't have known the tell-tale signs of the attack on our middleclass by unchecked immigration ? The rush to deindustrialize while Bush and Fox were scheming to encourage Mexicans to flood the U.S. At the same time Bush was using the Commerce Dept. to reclassify jobs in fast-food restaurants as "manufacturing jobs" to offset the obvious move to kill wage standards by boosting the service sector. Then they tried to assure a wage standard meltdown by claimiing that illegals working in in our country were not covered by minimum wage laws because they're not citizens.

You know something dell your line of thought sounds really familiar. My thirteen year old son came home yesterday and told yet another story about one of his classmates that comes to school and parrots his drunken parents thoughts about Barack Obama,and blacks and whatever else they have to grasp to, to give their lives some sort of meaning.

You sir parrot the republican meltdown.

The bill failed due to direct results of talk radio,internet blogs all informing the populace of what was in these bills and the people called their respective representitives in record numbers.

Thank you also for your kind words and praise....excuse me,after I get drunk...I'm going next door and burn a cross on my neighbors lawn.

Ironically enough the one Senate seat that the Republicans might have a decent chance getting back is Obama's. Gov. Blagojevich is going to appoint Obama's successor in the next couple months. The thing is he is very unpopular in Illinois and will be lucky to finish his current term unindicted. So anyone who is appointed and decides to run for the seat in 2010 will have that hanging over their head.

Don't fret everyone ! Within 4 to 8 years , the Demorats will have other #### screwd up and will be the "BAD GUYS" ! :down:

Maybe us Libratarians will finally get a shot to straighten out everybody elses mess ! :shock:

Maybe us Libratarians will finally get a shot to straighten out everybody elses mess ! :shock:

You are a Libra too? Your horoscope today says that you should begin a long-term change today. OK, just messing with you. It will be nice when a viable third party can really shake things up... but they need candidates better than Barr or Nader.

"W"(without a care-in-the-world) is packing his gym bag for Crawford, to go brush clearin', and a few games of "fetch" with his pooch Barney, While Cheney and Rove have an "eye peeled" for the US Marshalls who want to "give them a ride"(in cuffs if needed) To a little party that Democratic chairman Henry Waxman has planned for them. wub.gif wub.gif

Dude....its lecture circuit for cash under the table.

Waxman will be under orders from the new kid on the block to layoff the anti-partisan stuff so the GOP can suck butt with Dems.

You aren't suffering from post traumatic 'lection syndrome are you? :eek:

Dude....its lecture circuit for cash under the table.

Waxman will be under orders from the new kid on the block to layoff the anti-partisan stuff so the GOP can suck butt with Dems.

You aren't suffering from post traumatic 'lection syndrome are you? :eek:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NO dell, just stating facts,................and here's a FACT to go with your earlier post on this thread. The Gay Marriage bill in California was defeated in HUGE measure by black Liberal Democrats, who just happened to dislike that particular Issue !!!

SO, so much for your theory about conservative help for the GOP :down:

A....Loooong.....dark.....Coooold :cold: road ahead for your team dell !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NO dell, just stating facts,................and here's a FACT to go with your earlier post on this thread. The Gay Marriage bill in California was defeated in HUGE measure by black Liberal Democrats, who just happened to dislike that particular Issue !!!

SO, so much for your theory about conservative help for the GOP :down:

A....Loooong.....dark.....Coooold :cold: road ahead for your team dell !!!

If they disliked that issue my friend...they weren't liberal...they were dem conservatives.Just like incest ,it happens in many families.

As to the loooooooong cooooooooooold road ahead.....you got me with the wrong Pah Tee as they say in the upper gay states.. :mf_boff:

If they disliked that issue my friend...they weren't liberal...they were dem conservatives.Just like incest ,it happens in many families.

As to the loooooooong cooooooooooold road ahead.....you got me with the wrong Pah Tee as they say in the upper gay states.. :mf_boff:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry dell,

I know many Liberals, who a conservative on "that" issue only.

I was thinking the same thing and I agree with you---however---freaks like that guy and Sean Hannity make me sick especially Rush who can't run his own personal life holding together a marriage yet tells the world how they should live.

The longer I live and experience this tough life dealing with a family member’s serious health issues the more I disagree with the right.

The right throws away billions on what they believe is in the best interest of this country, like war and corporate America and laws that hurt the small guy at the same time telling the sick, elderly and people with different ideas to go pond salt by virtue of their laws slanted towards the privileged and business no matter who it hurts, trickle down my behind!

I can’t believe someone has not taken Rush out he is so obnoxious. I stopped listening to that self righteous buffoon years ago.

Rush Limbaugh is the perfect example of the right and what's wrong with it.

I was thinking the same thing and I agree with you---however---freaks like that guy and Sean Hannity make me sick especially Rush who can't run his own personal life holding together a marriage yet tells the world how they should live.

The longer I live and experience this tough life dealing with a family member’s serious health issues the more I disagree with the right.

The right throws away billions on what they believe is in the best interest of this country, like war and corporate America and laws that hurt the small guy at the same time telling the sick, elderly and people with different ideas to go pond salt by virtue of their laws slanted towards the privileged and business no matter who it hurts, trickle down my behind!

I can’t believe someone has not taken Rush out he is so obnoxious. I stopped listening to that self righteous buffoon years ago.

Rush Limbaugh is the perfect example of the right and what's wrong with it.

700',

I agree with you on 3 points(the first being THE most IMPORTANT)

1. Dealing with a loved one w/serious health issues is(as you know) Very tough, and I sincerely wish you all the (best) luck in the world in that regard !!!

2. Big business(Health Insurance etc.) w/profits coming before PEOPLE, especially in the richest country in the world,....is just Plain WRONG,

and

3. A DRUG addict like Limbaugh..is in NO position to be passing judgement on ANY other individual, no matter that persons political stripe.

The longer Limbaugh and Hannity POUND away at the opposition, they are(in effect) POUNDING the current GOP further DOWN into the deep hole that they are already in.

The country just showed the world that they were NOT interested in the crap Limbaugh and Hannity were spewing, but also showed that they were in no mood for gay marriage, in california(of all states) !!

If it's LEGAL.............so be it
If It's Illegal..............so be it.

"It", as well as abortion, are issues that don't effect my personal life, so I'll abide by what ever laws are in place.