The IAM has Filed a grievance.

Did you not realize on 1/6/05 Judge Stephen Mitchell abrogated the Mechanic and Related CBA and the Fleet Service CBA, at that point in time you literally had no contract and the company was free to impose anything they want.

Late at night on 1/5/05 the company gave both groups Mechanic and Related and Fleet Service final offers to vote on. The IAM was bound to bring those out for the members to vote on. Everyone was given a copy there were meetings held for fleet service and at every mechanic and related location a General Chairman or a member of the Negotiating Committee was available to answer every question.

The intent was asked during the late night meeting and notes were taken to record the company's intent and the union's intent.

The Judge then held his ruling in obeyance for two weeks for the ratification process to happen.

Writing language takes time and there was no time for the CBA to be rewritten after the abrogation.

The IAM had all the intent covered and hashed out the language with the company and then it went to press.

Read my previous post, you all seem to fail to realize this was not traditional Section 6 negotiations that drag on forever.

This was Section 1113 C negotiations which have a time limit of 30 days and can be extended by the judge.

It was either come to an agreement which the IAM did not or get your contract abrogated which occured, in order to keep labor peace the company threw out a final offer they knew would get ratified so the ATSB would not pull the funding.

The IAM could not bring out a negotiated agreement as the company wanted to lay off over 50% of the mechanic and related group.

I understand the abrogation time constraints, etc., it was a bad deal all around. But.... we have never had actual "language and intent" in hard copy before us to vote on. I just have never liked voting on what someone says or on a fluffy term sheet.

The past is the past. What's done is done. Now it's time to move forward and do better for ourselves and TRY to not let the judges have the final say in anything.

I agree with you, but in this case there simply was no time to have exact language when the Judge was in charge of everything.

I agree with you, but in this case there simply was no time to have exact language when the Judge was in charge of everything.

Wow.......we agree on something. :D

OK.......back then (and you referred to it in the past tense) that's how it was.

Time for change. The judge isn't in charge right now. As stated earlier, the NMB has it. Time to make the union and the company work for the employees by talking and having those representatives put their stuff on the NMB's table.

No one said it can't change and you'll never know until you try.

Should have been filed the day after the merger was completed.

The company is going to claim the union waited to long.

700 should reply with the time frame. 5 days after the
violation if I read my contract correctly.

Wouldn't this just be th icing on the cake for Doug and
team. Wage snap back for the entire US East staff. US West staff would then be pissed because everyone on the east side would be making quite a bit more money.
The Union had to wait for the first pay period to show no snap back was in our checks.

Wouldn't this just be th icing on the cake for Doug and
team. Wage snap back for the entire US East staff. US West staff would then be pissed because everyone on the east side would be making quite a bit more money.

The CSA's at US-West are already pretty pissed that a ten year agent at HP makes about $10, while the East agents make $16.

The CSA's at US-West are already pretty pissed that a ten year agent at HP makes about $10, while the East agents make $16.
You should have voted for a union early now you have to deal with highly compensated union busting Glass and his gang.

We tried serveral times. The turnover was always so great, we couldn't get the required cards turned in.
THAT'S YOUR UNION BUSTING US/WEST WARM AND FUZZY.Kept the paid and benefits a cheap as possible and kept the turn over high so there is no organizing with in the group. If you talk union you are employ at will.

I have the up most respect for the Teamsters Union organizers they did a great job in organizing HP agent’s

700...the vote was in Jan. and still FS does not have a copy of the twice amended contract. Also, please tell us exactly when(a date please) the snapback grievence was filed.
thanx