The Iam’s Last Stand

E-TRONS said:
It's not a matter of how much UAIR wants at this day and time. But rather the blatant violation of our CBA with the farmout of OUR Airbus work.

This fact alone is why the company can pound salt!!! UAIR execs are LIARS and THEIVES!!! Just look at the latest profit sharing plan they have offered.....a sweetened deal??? Now read the fine print.....WILL NOT go into effect if UAIR revisits bankruptcy. How stupid do they think the employees are????

UAIR is headed for BK2 without a doubt. It's just that the $34 Million profit is slowing things down. BTW, UAIR would have posted a $41 Million profit had it not been for several million dollars in severence payments to Siegel and Cohen!!!!! It's all there in the financial disclosures.

This standoff will come to a climax in short order and I hope it is in front of a judge where UAIR must abide by the rules instead of their usual "interpretation" of of the rules. Let the gloves come off. Never in all my years have I seen a more disenchanted workforce than what we have today......one that once was one of the finest in the industry. Good job management!!! Give yourselves some bonuses and then go to hell :angry:
[post="166447"][/post]​

Trust me all you posters on this forum that believe we are only a handful of clueless blowhards confined to our corner of the room hitting the keyboards. I work all over the hangers and all shifts with these guys called mechanics and this post is a very good example of what I hear daily. We are firmly united and if you don't believe me then simply watch.

PineyBob said:
Key word is "Maybe" in your comments. US Airways workers and I are alot alike. In that most have more work years behind them then in front of them. It can be a royal PITA to try to find a job outside of you chosen profession/industry at 50.

The challenge I see for an airline workers trying to retrain while empolyed is the 24/7 nature of the business versus the scheduling of the education industry.

The bottom line is it is difficult to start over near the end of your worklife. Not impossible, just dificult. That's ONE of the reasons I think negotiating and accepting the round of concessions may be the "Least Worse" of the possible options for the majority of US Workers.

Where faced with the options of Poor, Poorer, And Poored Still, it's not hard to see why there is resistance. The surprise would be if everyone just gave in. There is no win win to be created here.
[post="166602"][/post]​

Bob I appreciate your post and it does makes sense. Here is even more sense: A guy in my position can retire and go for another job, most guys in my position are doing just that. There is a very senior work force at U who can retire right now without getting another job or maybe working a part time one that would see them clear. Then you have a lot of guys who still have way too many years to go to retire. But these guys are younger and can easily find other options, which many are doing. The younger ones are the majority with all the really older guys already retired or doing it right now. I believe what you have with the mechanics is this: The majority will NOT vote to accept any concession, and they are the younger ones both in seniority and age. There are not a lot of the very old timers left because they bailed right after 9/11 out of fear. The ones that lingered are bailing now.

The bottom line: The vote that will carry the decision are the ones not willing to budge, the older guys know this and are leaving before the ax falls.

Unless every single mechanic is a pathological liar fooling me with a smile, the NO vote is carrying the day this round, trust me. Like I said in another post...WATCH.

Latest posts