Do Utility And Stores Make Too Much?

openview said:
Almost any job today in most companies are training those things. i.e. HIV transmit, office chemicals, syringes, suspect mail procedures, etc. Its common, ongoing learning.

But, any time a company has large groups of employees, where the job involves little ongoing training or learning, yet the pay and benefits are ramped to continual advancement, and the employees want stay for 20 or 30 years, then that company is ripe for competition and demise. That is what is occuring now and change in inevitable.
Exactly, that was what I was trying to say in my post, and was blasted for saying it was a "mindless" job. All I meant was-since the poster said the utility guy had a college degree and was a professional, but he decided to forgo his field to work for U because it was no stress, and it payed just as well as his profession. When I said brainless, or whatever, I just meant that it wasn't a job he had to take home with him and use his degree etc etc. However some like to take something out of context and run with it. I also said that people want to stay in these jobs and make a "career" out of them because the pay USE to be substantial. AND that pay increase is based SOLEY on seniority, not efficency or exceptional work. and that is not why U is trying to do something about it.

4merresrat said:
Exactly, that was what I was trying to say in my post, and was blasted for saying it was a "mindless" job. All I meant was-since the poster said the utility guy had a college degree and was a professional, but he decided to forgo his field to work for U because it was no stress, and it payed just as well as his profession. When I said brainless, or whatever, I just meant that it wasn't a job he had to take home with him and use his degree etc etc. However some like to take something out of context and run with it. I also said that people want to stay in these jobs and make a "career" out of them because the pay USE to be substantial. AND that pay increase is based SOLEY on seniority, not efficency or exceptional work. and that is not why U is trying to do something about it.
Sort of like this forum where you have a bunch of cry babies who report your posts to the moderators and then you get warnings for not being politically correct. Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, been there done that and been throw off for it.

cavalier said:
Sort of like this forum where you have a bunch of cry babies who report your posts to the moderators and then you get warnings for not being politically correct. Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, been there done that and been throw off for it.
Yes, if you do not concede to the PC view of this board-(and on this board it is obviously pro union, anti-company, anti conservative, pro entitlement, shall I go on?), then you are not exactly welcomed with open arms. One has to brace for the attack that is sure to come!!!

4merresrat said:
Yes, if you do not concede to the PC view of this board-(and on this board it is obviously pro union, anti-company, anti conservative, pro entitlement, shall I go on?), then you are not exactly welcomed with open arms. One has to brace for the attack that is sure to come!!!
Are you saying the majority of the folks on this forum are pro union, anti company, anti conservative, pro entitlement, shall I go on ?? Is it possible that a person can be anti-union, anti-company, pro-liberal, or any combination thereof ?? :blink: Post what you feel within the rules.. Forget about the "LABEL" garbage.

Latest posts