The Mechanics Negotiation Heats Up.

North by Northwest said:
When it benefits them, the company is in a big hurry to get contracts renegotiated/signed. But when it benefits the employees the process drags on for months and in some cases years. Its funny how that works. And I guess that little issue of the stock buyback is a dead issue as far as they're concerned. It seems they're only concerned with one thing right now. $$$$$$$$$$$$ Nothing else!! :down: :down: :down:

"They need to convince the people who voted for them that they made the right choice, and they need to win over the people who didn't vote for them," Budd said. And certainly no one voted for them to give tons of concessions. Workers can do that on their own."

Red Tail Bear said:
When it benefits them, the company is in a big hurry to get contracts renegotiated/signed. But when it benefits the employees the process drags on for months and in some cases years. Its funny how that works. And I guess that little issue of the stock buyback is a dead issue as far as they're concerned. It seems they're only concerned with one thing right now. $$$$$$$$$$$$ Nothing else!! :down: :down: :down:
[post="273277"][/post]​

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RTB is correct about NW "runnung like the wind", when it suit's them, and getting Amneisia(SP?) when it comes to the employee stock options.

Though I don't like it, I (reluctantly) see the NW situation shapeing up this way, and VERY QUICKLY.

The pilots. They "kicked in", so take them of the table. Case Closed !!!

The F/A's. A very wise move to recall every furloughed F/A. That fact will be soundly reiterated to the F/a's, reminding them that NW is the ONLY legacy, where EVERY F/a is working.

The Ramp/Agents/rez. Their concessions will be the least $$$. Again, I don't want to see ANYBODY give a "dime", I'm just calling it like I think It's gonna' "go down" !!!

AMFA. (Sadly) I think that they are gonna' "Pay thru the nose", one way, or another.

BIG RED knows VERY well that there are a #### load of AMT's unemployeed right now, and they'll exploit that "to the hilt" !! Knowing that there (Mabey) is a "hanger full" of unemployed scabs in DTW, and MSP salivating at the chance to "come back from the dead", really does'nt give the Amfa AMT's much "wiggle room"

Crandall pulled this same kind of #### at AA in 83', and the TWU "balked" !!!
I think history is about to repeat itself.

NW wanted $1.1B. They got $300M from Alpa, that leaves $800M left.
If they were to get $500M from a combined group of low to middle management,IAM= Ramp-Agents-Rez,and the F/A's, that leaves NW "cornhole/ing" AMFA for $300M.

I (very much) hope I'm wrong, BUT I don't think so.

NH/BB's

"The F/A's. A very wise move to recall every furloughed F/A. That fact will be soundly reiterated to the F/a's, reminding them that NW is the ONLY legacy, where EVERY F/a is working." Smart move INDEED! I wasn't willing to give up one lira while crew members were furloughed! Now that they are working again...I will consider the inevitable. Now the company needs to do the right thing with the mechanics. They are a VITAL part of this company. They must be treated as such. Just my personal opinon.

Don't forget, they WILL go back to ALPA for round 2 as soon as they finish bleeding the other "turnips."

North by Northwest said:
"The F/A's. A very wise move to recall every furloughed F/A. That fact will be soundly reiterated to the F/a's, reminding them that NW is the ONLY legacy, where EVERY F/a is working." Smart move INDEED! I wasn't willing to give up one lira while crew members were furloughed! Now that they are working again...I will consider the inevitable. Now the company needs to do the right thing with the mechanics. They are a VITAL part of this company. They must be treated as such. Just my personal opinon.
[post="273605"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree NxNW, that the AMT's deserve respect.

However, my "inner voice" is warning/telling me, that NW has them squarely "in the gun site's"

Good luck to all.

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree NxNW, that the AMT's deserve respect.

However, my "inner voice" is warning/telling me, that NW has them squarely "in the gun site's"

Good luck to all.

NH/BB's
[post="273652"][/post]​
They have laid off so many AMTs that they can easily replace the few that are left. NW management planned this a few years ago.

I've said it before in threads, but here's my prediction:

The first order of business after a lockout/strike will be to start blazing through the AMT recall list(s). The AMT on the other end has to make a choice: Accept, and be labled a scab for life, or Decline, and lose all recall rights.

In the meantime, pushback/brake riding classes for the ramp are being done around the clock...

Kev3188 said:
I've said it before in threads, but here's my prediction:

The first order of business after a lockout/strike will be to start blazing through the AMT recall list(s). The AMT on the other end has to make a choice: Accept, and be labled a scab for life, or Decline, and lose all recall rights.

In the meantime, pushback/brake riding classes for the ramp are being done around the clock...
[post="273714"][/post]​
I'm suprised this(pushback/brake riding) was'nt done years ago because they've (ramp) been doing it in other stations for quite some time now.

In the hubs/gateways (or any station where MTX is) there was no need, as the current AMFA CBA states that AMT's will do all pushbacks, brake riding and tows.

BTW, a lot of the training is happening in LAS, with some in TUS as well.

Kev3188 said:
[post="273714"][/post]​

Actually, that's not a very smart option for NWA to attempt. It's been tried before, in this and other industries and, at least to my knowledge, the courts have never upheld the loss of employment (of which recall rights are an extension) for refusal to cross a legal picket line.

NWA/AMT said:
Actually, that's not a very smart option for NWA to attempt.....
[post="273874"][/post]​

I think we can both agree that once upper mgmt. commits itself to a particular agenda (in this case the decimation of in-house MTX) they rarely consider what is smart or ethical. I'm sure you're right; I'm also pretty sure that they'll try it anyway, and take their chances with a court later.