United To Replace Weather Folks

PAR-265.jpg

Gee, the same TWU that has beaten a path to every concession stand opened by any Airline since 1983 failed to secure jobs by doing so?

Little wonder.

The meteorolgists are not on strike.

They are not being replaced by scabs.

Unfortunately, like many jobs at many airlines, UAL is outsourcing this department.

It doesn't have anything to do with hiring scabs.

laura62 said:
The meteorolgists are not on strike.

They are not being replaced by scabs.

Unfortunately, like many jobs at many airlines, UAL is outsourcing this department.

It doesn't have anything to do with hiring scabs.
[post="281208"][/post]​

No...they just closed down the entire dept. and hire scabs (outsource) replacements at a lower cost. If it walks like a scab, talks like a scab, works like a scab...IT'S a SCAB. I am sure the fine people in the weather dept knows the difference.

Closing a department is just that. Closing a department.

Replacing someone who is on strike is "hiring a scab"

people on strike don't get offered jobs in other areas of the company they're striking.

And the meteorologist are smart enough to know the difference even if you're not.

Get a grip.

BTW why don't you answer the question about NWA and scabs?

On Monday, Steenland repeated his pledge to keep flying through a strike.

"Let me be perfectly clear that if that happens, we will maintain the reliability of our schedule. We have comprehensive plans in place to be ready for any contingency," he said in a recorded message to employees.

THAT's the defenition of SCAB

Laura's right.

Scabs break picket lines after a work group strikes. period. Does this make this right..........hell no!!!!!!!! This is called a cheap shot by the company while in chpt 11.

And it won't end with the MET group EITHER. As oil continues to rise UniTED still can't see light at the end of the tunnel and will continue to slay the masses. <_<

mrfish3726 said:
And it won't end with the MET group EITHER. As oil continues to rise UniTED still can't see light at the end of the tunnel and will continue to slay the masses. <_<
[post="281252"][/post]​
We would all appreciate it if you would take all of your insults for United, put them in a single post and then just constantly refer to that particular post.

And besides, it would save you time.

Dear North by Northeast

Do you really know what a SCAB is? I am not sure. I'll bet though you will be first in line to SCAB at your airline when the strike begins! :ph34r:

breitling2 said:
Dear North by Northeast

Do you really know what a SCAB is? I am not sure. I'll bet though you will be first in line to SCAB at your airline when the strike begins! :ph34r:
[post="281499"][/post]​
-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry folks but I have to disagree.

UAL had a valid contract to employ UAL workers represented by the TWU to perform the services required under the contract.

Outsourcing a valid contract, after negotiating a concessionary deal to keep said work inhouse is de-facto scabbing Union work to an outside firm.

Spin it how you want but any organization performing work that was covered under Union contract, a concessionary contract to boot, subsequently outsourced is performing scab labor.

It is the highest form of irony that scabs are being used to replace former TWU workers since the TWU is the closest thing to scab union labor in the airline industry: none the less, a scab is still a scab when they replace negotiated labor without a vote by those formerly holding such jobs voting to dissolve their Union status.

Boomer said:
UAL had a valid contract to employ UAL workers represented by the TWU to perform the services required under the contract.

Outsourcing a valid contract, after negotiating a concessionary deal to keep said work inhouse is de-facto scabbing Union work to an outside firm.
[post="281542"][/post]​

If outsourcing is contractually permitted, it's not "de-facto scabbing" as you put it. It's simply following the terms of the contract to the letter.

As long as people like you keep misusing the term, it will lose its meaning over time.

Former ModerAAtor said:
If outsourcing is contractually permitted, it's not "de-facto scabbing" as you put it. It's simply following the terms of the contract to the letter.

As long as people like you keep misusing the term, it will lose its meaning over time.
[post="281604"][/post]​

I disagree with the decision to get rid of MET....but it seems like its similar to the Alaska rampers. IF you agree in a contract to allow the potential outsourcing of your position, how can you then complain when the company uses that provision to outsource?

DC