The parking of the Boeings has begun

DHG750R

Aug 23, 2002
Nuu Yawk
www.atlasair.com
A/C 352 was ferried PIT-MHV today . I was sent a picture of the aircraft just after arrival at the hangar in MHV. The company handling our a/c were told to expect 33 total , with 10 arriving on one day ( 9/8) at 10 minute intervals

I can definately confirm 352's parking in MHV today. [:((] This is indeed a sad day!! Whom would have ever imagined U with a reduction in B737's? Sure the times have changed..but reliability is hard to replace.. This only figures...The B737 is likely the easiest aircraft in world aviation history to support. I was really hoping that these moves were a power play to force better leasing rates. This is only going to make my job that much harder.....Somebody pass the Malox and Tums. I'm going to be needing it [:knockout:]

Just a little history on Acft N352AU....... Model Number 737-3B7.... Mfg Serial Number 22953 ...First Flight 25 June 1984.....Delivered to USAir on 11 April 1985 as N373US........Re-Registered to Tail Number N352AU on 14 November 1988....Sold to General Electric Capitol Corp. 10 December 1991....Leased Back to USAir on same date. Time since new (TSN) 42,525.24 Hours Flown.....Cycles Since New 31,578.....Average Daily Utilization 8.10 Hours per day......Average Daily Cycles per day- 6.0 .....These figures are reflective as of it's last flight to MHV on 23 August 2002. (Info from USAirways Merlin Computer System...and Jet Airliner Production List Volume 1 (Boeing). Enjoy the nit-noid data.........AOG-N-IT!!![;)]

The death of US Airways has begun. As we reduce our fleet size, our income will shrink. We will lay off more people and leave only the expensive, prehistoric employees. Our percentage of cost that is labor will increase. Then, we will shrink the airline to save money. The entire deck of cards will soon collapse. We are watching the clock tick towards our demise. Our jobs will be gone and there will no future. [:((]

----------------
On 8/24/2002 10:58:58 AM

Daily utilization: 8.10 hours? That pretty much sums up U and its problems. That utilization should have been 14 to 16 hours per day. Just an observation. Great info. [:)]
----------------

I'm sure the A/C was used more on a day of flying the line. The average also includes countless days spent in Maint. hangars doing various checks or being repainted how many times? On those days, the utilization would be ZERO. So the average can be misleading.

Daily utilization: 8.10 hours? That pretty much sums up U and its problems. That utilization should have been 14 to 16 hours per day. Just an observation. Great info. [:)]

We will lay off more people and leave only the expensive, prehistoric employees. Our percentage of cost that is labor will increase.

Won't the concessions already agreed to (or those imposed by a judge) level the relative seniority playing field?

cltvff,
If I am not mistaken, most (if not all) union employees are hourly wage earners. As you gain more time with the company as an employee you get paid more per hour. The furloughs are coming from the bottom of the seniority list leaving only higher paid workers. This leaves the cost per employee much higher.