The Positive US Airways Thread

In 2004 and 2005, I was looking for a message to come at anytime that US is ceasing operations, I had new job projects ready for the day I had to jump off this sinking ship. So what I like best is that feeling of being brought back from the edge of the abis. Today we are running a respectable airline (arguably) with a much stronger balance sheet. It's been awhile since I felt the need to speculate how much time we have left.

Say what you will about Doug, but I feel he gets credit for saving two airlines. He was givin the helm of the Posideidon and the Titanic, put on a bunch of bandages, and with the best crew in the industry, he steared us to clear waters and now we are in the position where we can return these ships to there original grandeur and beyond. I feel we all owe him a drink.

Couldn't agree more with your entire post. And I especially like the very apt Poseidon/Titanic analogy.

Two days ago, after a 3hour flight, a passenger getting off the plane told me she LOVED USAirways, it was her favorite airline, and she never wanted to fly any other.
Then she said the same thing to the Captain who was standing up front saying 'goodbye'.
She also said the same thing to the gate agent at the top of the jetway.
She was obviously very pleased with her experiences.
It was really nice to hear.

Two days ago, after a 3hour flight, a passenger getting off the plane told me she LOVED USAirways, it was her favorite airline, and she never wanted to fly any other.
Then she said the same thing to the Captain who was standing up front saying 'goodbye'.

If one customer on every flight expressed this type of enthusiasm to their crew, there would not be a morale problem at US. Maybe if the Triple Plays become a monthly event, more people will feel as this customer does.

Thanks for keeping this thread out of the gutter, everyone. Keep the positive vibes flowing. :D

How is Doug's mom, btw?

How many passengers and crew members were thrown over the side to keep this ship afloat?
I am sorry to have to say this, but It could have been 40 thousand employees unemployed...... yes at one point at the original usair there were that many employees. I feel bad for those who are still unemployed.... but there could have been many, many more.

How many passengers and crew members were thrown over the side to keep this ship afloat?
Whether you agree with the United States Bankruptcy Laws or not, US Airways worked those US Bankruptcy Laws to perfection. Management must have done something right. But I'll agree that the employees are responsible for bring US Airways to #1 in the May DOT stats.

Here's something really positive about US:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-Airways-reports-279M-2Q-apf-1583950679.html?x=0&.v=10

Maybe we'll even see a profit sharing check next year if we keep this up! Congrats to all the front-line employees who made this happen!

Latest posts

Back