The Truth About The Indianapolis Ual

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
Check the DATE and the UNION on this information...

IAM Wins Contract Rights for Members in UAL Base Closing.

April 3, 2003 - District 141-M of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) announced an agreement today with United Airlines to settle a contract dispute over the airline's decision to temporarily close its Indianapolis Maintenance Center.

The settlement provides for severance pay as described in the current contract, the opportunity to transfer to another United location and moving expenses for employees choosing to do so. More than 1,400 IAM members at the Indianapolis facility faced the loss of these rights under United's claim that 'force majuere' circumstances allowed them to place employees on limited "No Work" status rather than traditional furlough status.

"The war with Iraq can not be used as an excuse to deny established contract rights," said District 141-M President Scotty Ford. "Changes in the way United operates may be needed, but those changes must come through negotiations and ratified agreements, and not by unilateral decisions."

On March 26, 2003, the IAM filed a motion in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana seeking a preliminary injunction against United Airlines. The motion will be withdrawn due to this settlement.
"The strength of our Union made this settlement possible," said Ford. "We will continue to negotiate with United Airlines to help this airline survive while we preserve the extremely important protections our agreement provides."

NOW TELL US AGAIN ALL YOU TWU STOOGES,

HOW IT IS AMFA'S FAULT THAT THIS BASE WAS CLOSED??

1992- amfa files for election loses

2001- amfa files for election not enough cards

2003 amfa files and wins an election

Divide and conquer is the typical hype from amfa! In this case 50% of the work force was laid off and reduction in pay!

If amfa would have kept their nose out of United, the members would be enjoying more money and 40 % of the members would not have lost there jobs and Maintenance Bases would still be open!

Get a grip on reality informer!

Just a note, amfa will not give up at AA, this is a proven fact! Thanks to the Great TWU members we enjoy a high rate of employment! If Amfa were ever to win an election you can rest assure 50% of the work force will be decimated! The Track record speaks for it self!

If amfa would have kept their nose out of United, the members would be enjoying more money and 40 % of the members would not have lost there jobs and Maintenance Bases would still be open!

CIO,

You have really outdone yourself this time. Not only are you’re a compulsive liar, and deceiver, now you are an oracle. It is apparent that you have ‘NO CLUE’ as to the events and conditions that put United into BK. As a recent long term member, and supporter of the IAM, it took a lot of getting ‘bent over’ before I came to the realization that they were not only ‘not’ looking out for the best interests of their membership, but their actions went against the whole philosophy of ‘Unionism’. I see your ranting on the BB’s and I wonder if you have any idea as to what it is to be ‘Union’, or a ‘Unionist’!!!

For example, Does this Scab Operation make you proud to be affiliated with an ‘Association’’ that allows the massive layoffs of their ‘OWN MEMBERS’ by their lack of intestinal fortitude and negotiating prowess? To even insinuate that they are trying to save a job by opening a ‘scab’ facility at less pay and benefits in direct competition with the ‘surviving’ membership!!

What the hell is that?

The slogan of ‘AT LEAST I HAVE A JOB’ is a scab slogan and should never used by a Union.

Unions only have ‘ONE’ negotiating tool.

Can you tell me what that ‘tool’ might be?

When I walked the picket line for EAL, I understood the sacrifice they made for ‘US’!!!

Did You???

All I ever hear from you ‘whelps’ is that AMFA is all about ‘ME’. This exemplifies your ignorance to the point of unimaginable heights as you are willing and eager to sell the future of your children to make a dime today. If you would take a look at what it is to be a Union and a Unionist, you would understand that the fight you fight today is for the betterment of your children.

So, who is all about ‘ME’?
Who is more ‘self serving’?

CIO – Credibility Suicide……One Post at a Time!!!

:spam: UT