The word has it!

----------------
On 11/25/2002 11:43:42 PM Biffeman wrote:

[FONT color=#0033cc]I got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn, anyone want to buy it?

Ok people lets take a step back until the company confirms this, but lets ponder the simple logic.

The rumormongers have really gotten this one rolling![/FONT]
----------------
Apology accepted!!
11.gif']

[H5][FONT face=Arial Black]just recieved a phone call from a friend who WAS a maintenence planner in TPA confirms...CONFIRMS...TPA people were sent home late last nite.Tom Mcmullen in TPA at 3am means nothing but bad news.prepare for another bump wave and more people displaced.[/FONT][/H5]

I have to agree with UAL777 on this.[BR][BR]Lousy timing and awful fallout from the announcement.[BR][BR]Wow.....With moves like this, I really have to consider what to do with my FF miles.

Anyone who's been a regular on this board knows that I've generally been supportive of Siegel's efforts to restructure US Airways, including the painful decisions that have been made. But I have to admit, I find the latest round of cuts announced today to be inexcusable in their timing, or lack thereof. Are things that time critical that you close a maintenance facility with absolutely no notice? You simply send home your late shift workers with all their tools and tell them not to come back to work? Why the urgency? Chip, any answers or information? With Thanksgiving only two days away, couldn't this decision have been announced on Friday to at least give the affected employees the opportunity to try to enjoy their holiday? I just do not understand the reasoning for this decision coming with ZERO notice. It's these kind of heavy-handed tactics that will turn an already bitter workforce against you. Somehow I'm hoping that the quickness of this decision was dictated by the bankruptcy judge, but I find that hard to believe. A decision like this had to have been in the works. Why wait to do it two days before Thanksgiving?

My sympathies go out to all affected employees. Hopefully you'll land on your feet and be better for it in the long run. Keep the faith.

I and the people in heavy maintenance I work with, are pretty much angered-out at this point. Our anger guage pegged out weeks ago.

This gives us the opportunity to view currant events from kind of a detached perspective. As we stand in a daze watching, we are noticing the snap, crackle, and pop of the infrastructure breaking apart around us.

As of the paperwork handed out today, I am the most junior tech in my shop. I've also been told that one of the other guys from down the hall will be bumping me out the door. Fine.

As long as the company lasts long enough to pay me all of my severance weeks (15) I'll be happy. If the company is still around then, then I'll think about whether I should plan on ever comming back or not.

From what I can see, this is the typical attitude of the people around me. Most of us know we'll have to be gone for a while, and can only pray that the company will recover enough for us to return and retire from.

A man was walking a road. It was winter and the wind blew, picking up dust into swirls as it passed.

As he walked by a ditch, the man was shocked to see a snake lying within. He paused, but considered that it was after all just a snake and he went on.

Shortly he stopped, his conscience pricked by his own unwillingness to provide such help as he was able.

He returned to the ditch and lifted the snake from it, placing him within his coat so that his own body heat might warm it.

After a while, the man felt the snake stir. Presently, the snake peered from the warmth of the coat into the mans eyes and then retreated.

Further down the road, the snake worked his way up to the mans shoulders where he looked forward to the direction in which the man strode.

Some time later, the snake began to wrap his body around the mans throat and constrict him.

Vainly, the man sought to remove the snake. With his last gasp he asked that he might be spared since it was he that saved the snakes life.

With empty eyes, the snake replied, You knew I was a snake when you picked me up.

Actually, there's a little more to this story.

All last week our boss told us, the numbers (of furloughs) will be out today or tomorrow. The week came and went with no info, and he specifically called a meeting to say he knew nothing regarding furloughs (why call the meeting?). So we figured we wouldn't hear anything until after TurkeyDay - why piss off the troops during the busiest time of the year?

So today he drops the bomb, and then tells us, that for the first time, CCY asked the local managers to assist in the furlough planning - how many headcount reductions, how many full/part time, etc. So now we're wondering, how did you know nothing all last week while simultaneously planning the cuts?

Typical.

WNWFF,
I'm not surprised. I posted the story due to the crocodile tears being shed by others that had previously advocated votes for the concession package who now claim to be surprised.