Tilted Wheel

Exiting BK "Just fine" with imposed contracts? You sure about that? Wait.......... Which TWU scare soundbite do we use in this case? Either "This is not like any other BK." Or "this happened in all the other airline BKs" I forget. I lose track.

I don't believe it is written in stone anywhere, but the creditors and the judge both have indicated that they want a consensual agreement.

Preferring consensual agreements is far different than having to have consensual agreements to exit bankruptcy...even AA management would prefer consensual agreements. But nothing in the bankruptcy law requires consensual agreements to exit bankruptcy.

Jim

I don't believe it is written in stone anywhere, but the creditors and the judge both have indicated that they want a consensual agreement. I have searched and can't find any recent (since 9-11) bankruptcies where an airline emerged from bankruptcy without a consenual agreement with all their union contracts. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge on the subject can point one out, but I can't find one.
So, there is really NOTHING to prevent AA from exiting BK without a consensual agreement.
Except for a UNHAPPY, but stable workforce so horton and crew can get a better payday.

So, there is really NOTHING to prevent AA from exiting BK without a consensual agreement.
Except for a UNHAPPY, but stable workforce so horton and crew can get a better payday.
The thing that will prevent them from exiting BK without a consenual agreement is the same thing you all are bitching about and that is they like you cannot say with any certainty what the NMB will do with the imposed contract. AA and the creditors committee do not like that unknown while I or no one else can say for sure what will happen it is very unlikely they would want to risk there entire trip through BK on a unknown, this is poker gentlemen and in the words of the song you got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them and based upon the fact that AA currently looks desperate for us to fold I would say Raise.but it is quite apperant you guys no nothing of Poker/Negotiations.

Calculated Risk does not guarantee a win but always playing it safe will guarantee you lose!

VOTE NO!!!!!!

The thing that will prevent them from exiting BK without a consenual agreement is the same thing you all are bitching about and that is they like you cannot say with any certainty what the NMB will do with the imposed contract. AA and the creditors committee do not like that unknown while I or no one else can say for sure what will happen it is very unlikely they would want to risk there entire trip through BK on a unknown, this is poker gentlemen and in the words of the song you got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them and based upon the fact that AA currently looks desperate for us to fold I would say Raise.but it is quite apperant you guys no nothing of Poker/Negotiations.

Calculated Risk does not guarantee a win but always playing it safe will guarantee you lose!

VOTE NO!!!!!!

Bump

VOTE NO!!!!!!

Excellent post Pitbull!!

Latest posts