Now's The Time

proAMFA

Senior
Sep 28, 2003
Now is the time to support a real Union. A union that is not afraid to fight for its membership.

Support AMFA's efforts against Northwest in any way you can-picketing or financially supporting a brother or sister in need. Perhaps even watching their children while they picket. AMFA is the only union that chose to fight for the profession rather than make up excuses why the Airlines should raid our contracts and extract wage and benefit concessions, with obvious inequity in order to offset the high price of fuel.

AMFA is not perfect. As the most democratic union available AMFA suffers from mistakes made at the hands of the majority, however, no one can question AMFA'S willingness to go toe to toe to fight for its membership.

AMFA's fight is our fight, the actions of AMFA will propagate throughout the industry much like the cowardly actions of the TWU have propagated throughout the industry.

When the Mechanics at NWA recieved large increases in pay and benefits the company union that represents us ended up having to bring back large increases in pay and benefits. And when our cowardly representation brought back enormous concessions in pay and benefits its actions made it inevitable that the other airlines would use the opportunity given them by the TWU to receive enormous inequitable givebacks from their employee groups.
You might say the TWU set the standard-a standard that we suffer from day after day with no end in sight. Notice there are no snap back provisions of any kind in our agreement.

I'm not starting this topic to argue AMFA v. TWU that is behind us now that our election has been stolen from us by several big money interests. I'm starting this topic in order to plead for my fellow workers to aid the Northwest mechanics and AMFA in their fight against a system that wishes to unfairly punish their employee groups through inequitable sacrifice. After the company goes bankrupt and is able to use the courts in order to strip away large amounts of pay and benefits from its workers how much of a sacrifice to you think the management will make?
Its a worn out phrase but I write it anyway-There is no I in team. In order to reap the rewards of teamwork an organization must act as a team. When a portion of the team is to suffer while the other portion is to not suffer than the correct course of action is to take measures to correct the course of events. AMFA has offered to share the sacrifice at NWA-clearly something must be done, but unlike the other company unions, AMFA has not willingly approved to sell its boss-the membership-down the river. At United, under the eyes of the Federal Bankruptcy Court AMFA was forced to negotiate conditions that the membership approved under the threat of terminating the airline and scuttling the deals of the other employee groups. A situation that AMFA did not take lightly. AMFA DID NOT sell this contract to the membership as the TWU did us. We were threaten with all kinds of vulgar lies about what would happen if we voted no. I voted no, my spineless brothers flinched under the weight of TWU generated untruths. How much concession did the AMFA membership at United feel obligated to take? Aproximately the industry standard set by the TWU.

Main point- Their battle is our battle so you better get off your kiester this time. If the brave mechanics at Northwest are successful in achieving a formula of a more equitable sacrifice between them and the company then the results will affect our careers positively. The other airlines will notice a breaking point, a guantlet, or even a line in the sand as far as how much expense they can pass on to the unionized employee groups and will begin to pass the increase in fuel prices to where they belong in the first place-to the flying public.
If the mechanics at Northwest are unsuccessful than look for more pain and suffering for the unionized labor groups at the airlines for years to come. Everytime there's a hiccup in fuel prices it will be us that feels the consequences, not only at home but at work. Every time a terrorist act causes a spike in fuel prices, our wallets, our benefits, our pensions, and our futures will be terrorized directly, even when the airlines carry record numbers of passengers and management is recieving their bonuses. Instead of raising ticket prices the weight of the fuel increases will be handed over to the employee groups. Why wouldn't they? What's to stop them?

At work I was asked what I believed the first benefit we would receive back from the company would be? I replied that if I was representing the company I would not return a single benefit. Why should I? Fuel is higher than ever and the aircraft are going to need a lot of attention with all the flying they've been doing. Why would I want to dramatically increase the cost of maintenance when I don't have too? In fact I'd look for more ways to trim the maintenance budget.
What would be the repercussions to not giving back any benefits? None

I can hear the union representatives now-"We'll our jobs are much more secure this way".

You get what you fight for! NW Mechanics deserve much.

We deserve little.

I seem to remember making some predictions years ago that this would happen if Amfa was to represent you! Good thing the majority voted not to sign a card at AA!!!!!!!

Another note: Amfa has made it clear they want to be a stand alone organization! Now you come and beg for help? Amfa has made a carrier of destroying Solidarity amongst Union members! I think the damage Amfa has unleashed in the last 40 years is bearing fruit! Unfortunately I believe it is to late! Our path is now chosen to be outsourced to third party vendors! NWA and Amfa have spear headed this front! They have made an art of it!

You live in an upside down world CIO. A majority of mechanics did fill out cards and unlike the TWU and the IAM-AMFA has never allowed its members to cross a union (ANY UNION) picket line. We did not support the Pilots when they struck or the Flight Attendants when they struck. The TWU allowed scab hunters into MCI to recruit scabs from their pool of "good union members". At NWA the IAM is already displaying the industrial union version of unionism. Which union really knows the definition of solidarity?

Checking it Out said:
I seem to remember making some predictions years ago that this would happen if Amfa was to represent you! Good thing the majority voted not to sign a card at AA!!!!!!!

Another note: Amfa has made it clear they want to be a stand alone organization! Now you come and beg for help? Amfa has made a carrier of destroying Solidarity amongst Union members! I think the damage Amfa has unleashed in the last 40 years is bearing fruit! Unfortunately I believe it is to late! Our path is now chosen to be outsourced to third party vendors! NWA and Amfa have spear headed this front! They have made an art of it!
[post="285758"][/post]​

YOU ARE S T U P I D ! ! ! :shock: :shock: :ph34r: :ph34r:

proAMFA said:
You live in an upside down world CIO. A majority of mechanics did fill out cards and unlike the TWU and the IAM-AMFA has never allowed its members to cross a union (ANY UNION) picket line. We did not support the Pilots when they struck or the Flight Attendants when they struck. The TWU allowed scab hunters into MCI to recruit scabs from their pool of "good union members". At NWA the IAM is already displaying the industrial union version of unionism. Which union really knows the definition of solidarity?
[post="285767"][/post]​

Dont confuse "Business Unionism" with "Industrial Unionism".

Checking it Out said:

[post="285758"][/post]​

cio, it is comforting that certain things remain the same. Such as the facts that cio remains an idiot and AMFA remains a craft, democratic union.

You predict events? How about dead people being included in a democratic vote? Did you see that coming? How about all the elections at the AMFA represented airlines? When do you predict the twu "raiding" them?

No one is begging for help. Professionals who care about a proud, skilled craft are speaking out in defense of this profession to protect it from the onslaught of greed and ineptness that was allowed to grow many years ago that went unchecked by today's industrial unions.

Many people hear this voice for true solidarity. Except individuals such as yourself who remain insulated against reality. AMFA is not a stand alone union. AMFA is simply the only craft union for AMTs. Big difference there Einstein. AMFA is the only union to stand up against the attack against our profession. That is because the membership is the union, not the other way around.

How has AMFA unleashed damage to our craft? Wasn't the twu responsible for removing A&Ps from the back shops? Wasn't the iam who allowed a/c to go overseas at NWA LONGGGGGGGGG before AMFA was elected there? How about the iam at UAL? Didn't they negotiate the outsourcing of maintenance to foreign 3rd aprty facilities? While we are looking at predictions you seem to have missed, how about the concessions, after concessions, after concession that were negotiated at USAir under the iam? Also, how long did the teamsters allow Southwest to keep heavy checks at third party facilities?

I'll make a prediction for you coward. NWA AMTs will lead a fight that will effect the entire industry and many people will follow and fight to protect our profession. But it will only be people who can understand reality and are not cowards. Obviously that will prevent you from fighting for our craft. If for some reason you do grow a spine and wish to attend a strike picket I'll recognize you since you'll be the one with the paper bag over your head.

If Amfa has so much Solidarity why did they not walk when Alaska laid off 45% of the membership recently? You guys live in a dream world!

Amfa= Managements favorite Association!!!!

Checking it Out said:
You guys live in a dream world!

[post="285992"][/post]​

Perhaps. One could also say that ideals, hopes, and even principles are dreams.

Certainly harder to understand (and grasp) than the 30 pieces of silver you are paid for posting here.

Checking it Out said:
If Amfa has so much Solidarity why did they not walk when Alaska laid off 45% of the membership recently? You guys live in a dream world!

[post="285992"][/post]​

You're actually stupider than I originally thought, no wonder management loves you. Perhaps you should read the Railway Labor Act in between stroking management because it just might enlighten to the rules of "walking out." These rules which have been endorsed by the fragments of a group called the AFL-CIO. But while on the subject of walking out, tell us again why all airline workers didn't walk with the Air Traffic Controllers-AFL-CIO?

Checking it Out said:

[post="285992"][/post]​

cio, will you remain a cowardly company stool after AMFA is voted in at AA? By the way, while you are busy predicting the future care to answer the questions in my previous post?

"How has AMFA unleashed damage to our craft? Wasn't the twu responsible for removing A&Ps from the back shops? Wasn't the iam who allowed a/c to go overseas at NWA LONGGGGGGGGG before AMFA was elected there? How about the iam at UAL? Didn't they negotiate the outsourcing of maintenance to foreign 3rd aprty facilities? While we are looking at predictions you seem to have missed, how about the concessions, after concessions, after concession that were negotiated at USAir under the iam? Also, how long did the teamsters allow Southwest to keep heavy checks at third party facilities?"

:angry: Once again we constantly are viewed as children, not only by fellow AMTs, but for the whole world to see! Even if we went AMFA tomorrow, how would it be beneficial for both parties? AMFA would inherit a bunch of roll-over TULSA hicks :p , as well as a bunch of malcontent, jaded, sour-puss, whiney, scorned AMTS, like me :down: . On the flip side, if we joined AMFA, they would move in and take our dues and talk the talk, but, would they play dead like they did at UAL? Why wouldn't Delle back Kerry in the last election? Why didn't Delle go forward with the strike vote at UAL? At least with the TWU you know you are getting a lousy union. I know where I stand with them. AMFA's aggressive nature is more in line with my way of thinking. However, talk is cheap. I have heard all of the rhetoric. I want some results. Sending out the battle cry, then turning tail and running away is worse (like what happened with AMFA at UAL), in my opinion, than knowing I can ease my fears/concerns knowing the TWU will do absolutely nothing to look out for my interests now or in the future. Pick your poison. :(

Checking it Out said:

[post="285758"][/post]​
Hey! Ive got some past CIO predictions for you! Shall we again read some of them?
(Note; all typos and mispellings left in for authenticity)

5-15-01 The Mechanic BB:
"Its been standard practice at AA for the twu to file a grievance on any Farmout. It takes all of us to Know when something is going out. Unfortunately not everyone pays enough attention to see what the Companies does. I can tell you one thing the twu will never agree to this kind of Suicide for its membership!"
Thanks for Your Time! Twu Solidarity!

6-1-01 The Mechanic BB:
"Ken Mactirman from the West coast; From your writings, its probably a good thing you Stepped down as Shop Stewart anyway! Its obivous, your Heart is not into Representing anyone fairly anyway! If I were part of AMFA I would not want a Quiter either! So were does that Leave YOU? All you do is Ramble on! To bad you have choose the Darkside!
HOPED YOU enjoyed the twu NEGOTIATED HOLIDAY! OR, did you give this up also?
Thanks for your time! Twu Solidarity!

6-11-01 PlaneBusinessTalk:
"I did talk to some of our Negotiators them weekend during the twu BIG SPLASH function held each year in Tulsa. They have indicated WE will get a Contract that will surpass the Industry in Language, Benifits, and Pay!"
Keep up the Faith and don't be fooled by the Ramblings of the few!
Thanks for your Time! Twu Solidarity!

As you can very well see from cio's past rants, he still remains a blithering twu I-D-I-O-T.

If you ever encounter this clown in person as I have, it will become very apparent. When you call him on his lies and embarrass him in front of a room of 100, he has nothing to say in his defense, not a peep. Even when your talking man to... ahh...man, its like your talking to a large, burnt, hillbilly with a version of Michael Jackson's voice and a blank stare. The flames must of taken off the gonads too? Hmmm.....

Another cio classic: "Our path is now chosen to be outsourced to third party vendors! NWA and Amfa have spear headed this front! They have made an art of it!"

Hey cio! Which union was at NWA when the DC-10's and 747's were first outsourced to China? I'll give you a hint, its starts with I....:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I can't really say that Im suprised by the ramblings of CIO, I mean really what Intelligent Individual stoops over a HOT running lawn mower and attempts to refuel with highly flammable gasoline? CIO where were you during all those Fire Safety Classes at work? Out on Union Buissness? Oh well Im sure your a very safety minded mechanic :lol:

local 12 proud said:
what Intelligent Individual stoops over a HOT running lawn mower and attempts to refuel with highly flammable gasoline?
[post="286115"][/post]​

So HE's the one!

Yeah, the story traveled far and wide. I didn't believe it at first, but when it was explained to me what an idiot he is, I believed.

Hard to believe a little ol'lawn mower was too hard to figure out.

Fire Marshall cio sez;

"Now looky her young'uns, these here dad gum lawnmowin' machines is furly dangerous to the unknowin'. If yer fixin" ta fill the durn thing with very flammable gas-o-line, make sure y'all know'd enuff to shut off the hot engine. Otherwise, you might look like a dad-gum chicken runnin' around with his lips on fire, and your ma and pa chasin' y'all's screamin' carcass with a garden hose. I dun burnt the hair off my jaws makin' this here mistake kids, so y'all better listen ta what Fire Marshall cio is a sayin." :D :blink: :D :blink: