Timely "Re-Book"

calistayork

Jun 5, 2005
Yikes....just found out my $283.00 ticket from last year has expired. Flight was booked for February 25, 2005 - due to problems had to cancel. I purposely wrote down the customer service rep's name, and he quoted I had until February 24, 2006 to use it, rebook it, etc. So when I called to make a new reservation I was told it had expired because they use the "issue" date, which was February 1, 2005. They then connected me with a Supervisor and she stated it was already in archives and considered dead. I really think this is a lousy policy. I'm sure most people would think the date of travel would be the earmark. Just upset about losing my money.

I dont work for Delta and can't say for sure but most airlines have it posted under terms and conditions if booked on line. If purchased over the fon most advise "trvl must be completed 1 year from date of issue." If it was not purchased online and their receipts dont specify I would contact customer relations. It might be a shot in the dark. I dont know of any airline who advises you must rebook before date of issue for future trvl or rebook by the original trvl date.

Latest posts

Back