To the West pilots

pilot

Veteran
Jan 2, 2006
Gentlemen:

Take this to heart from a 30 year guy who's been through a few mergers, bankruptcies, pension loss, in house union bloodlettings, threatened liquidations, being "saved" by you guys, BA, GE Capital, Bronner, Wolf, and others.

You are in for a rude awakening.

In my 30 years I've NEVER seen this group more unified or pissed off than now. I can assure you, regardless of your opinions or legal pontificating, this seniority list will not stand, one way or another, if this company is to be merged.

I'm not opining here. I'm stating a fact. Not one pilot on the East side is going to allow this nonsense.

Regardless of where he sits on the seniority list.

Regardless of what ALPA policy is.

And regardless of what Parker may or may not do.

Ain't gonna happen boys. If you think it is you just don't understand seniority and what it means.

Hopefully some cool heads will prevail but if not there are going to be ramifications that will spell the end of this airline.

And I'm tellin you fellas this isn't a threat. This is going to happen.

pilot

Gentlemen:

Take this to heart from a 30 year guy who's been through a few mergers, bankruptcies, pension loss, in house union bloodlettings, threatened liquidations, being "saved" by you guys, BA, GE Capital, Bronner, Wolf, and others.

In my 30 years I've NEVER seen this group more unified or pissed off than now. I can assure you, regardless of your opinions or legal pontificating, this seniority list will not stand, one way or another, if this company is to be merged.

I'm not opining here. I'm stating a fact. Not one pilot on the East side is going to allow this nonsense.

Ain't gonna happen boys. If you think it is you just don't understand seniority and what it means.

Hopefully some cool heads will prevail but if not there are going to be ramifications that will spell the end of this airline.

pilot

Pilot,

With all due respect you have already shown yourself to be dead wrong as to the reaction by OAL pilots. Furthermore, you were promising that the award would not withstand legal challenges. Wrong again. Finally, you managed to furlough whatever pilots who had the courage and character to organize and fight. If you didn't do anything over the last five years, I seriously doubt this time will be any different. Your only real option is decertification and that might sound as simple as a vote, but history demonstrates it's never that easy. If you think getting rid of them is that easy and that mechanical, then you have another thing coming. This is why your threats have the weight of a grain of salt.

Just a simple question - would you still feel this way after a year or two of watching all the new airplanes and growth go to the West while East returned planes and furloughed?

Don't think it's a possibility? I assure you it is.....

Jim

Just a simple question - would you still feel this way after a year or two of watching all the new airplanes and growth go to the West while East returned planes and furloughed?

Jim
----------------------------------------------------------

Wouldnt it be less costlly for east to do the flying under its current ontract?

Why couldnt tempe just offer all flying to east, bring all furloughed back, shut down previous west opperations?

I dont in my wildest dreams believe it will happen, but isnt that what they do with rj's vs mainline?

East could be the new outsourcing point for all usairways for a few years....

Jim

I was wondering if someone would bring this up. I would almost bet this is going to happen.

"Max pay'till the last day!", oh wait we tried that.
"Date of hire, date of hire!" oh wait, that didn't work.
Let's try:"We are taking the ball and going home!"

[
And I assure you Jim the fight is on.

For the record I could care less if this airline survives or fails if that list stands. And there are plenty of pilots that feel this way.

If we have to fight the West pilots as well as Parker we will.

As far as possibilities, anything is possible. On either side my friend.

And why would Parker shift the flying to the West if it was cheaper to do it in the East? He has no morals or ethics. He's all about money and beer. And the East contract is cheaper than the West.

pilot

And the East contract is cheaper than the West.

pilot

How many times has it been said that a cheaper pilot working contract does not equate to a lower cost. The east may not be cheaper in all circumstances.

My questions is this.....

The company did not advocate the seniority issue, the union did. The company did not come up with this solution, an arbitrator did. Why would your frustrations with your UNION and the ARBITRATOR be taken out on your fellow employees and our customers (ie, working by the book, etc)? Is there a way for you to channel your frustrations to the appropriate entity?

Jim

Hey Jim,

Just a quick question. What do you mean by all the new planes going to the West and routes? Since the merger, the only new routes HP got was Hawaii-and thats it. No new planes, no new routes(we shouldn't count synergy offerings). Just a question.

The company did not advocate the seniority issue, the union did. The company did not come up with this solution, an arbitrator did. Why would your frustrations with your UNION and the ARBITRATOR be taken out on your fellow employees and our customers (ie, working by the book, etc)? Is there a way for you to channel your frustrations to the appropriate entity?
----------------------------------------------------------

I think I get your sentiment and you are not off base, our woes should not be redirected to the detriment of fellow employees, pax, etc.

However you might want to rethink your "By the book" comment.

The "Book" is written by the company and approved by the FAA
Any deviation from said "Book" is grounds for disciplinary action up to and including termination, along with subsequent fines by the FAA

Surly your not advocating pilots break the rules to make for a "Smooth" running airline are you??

Gentlemen:

pilot
Blah, blah blah

"Not one pilot on the East side is going to allow this nonsense."

pilot

You don't speak for me.

It's because of fools like you that we did not get credit for attrition due to retirements.

Because when making their point it does not have an immediate direct affect on there working environment when dealing with the customer. When making there point it is very affective on there cause and highly publicize

Gentlemen:

pilot

With all that suffering, did you enjoy it?? You must have to make statements such as this. Never in my 40 years have I ever come across a group of people as selfish you you all are. It's no wonder why AAA was failing, just look at the caliber of individuals operating their aircraft. The world owes you everything and by all means you're going to let everyone know it.

I say go for what you know bro!!! Put yourself out of work and all your fellow employees with you. Explain to them that since you didn't get you way they have to suffer!! Explain to them that since you're unhappy everbody has to be unhappy! EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT SINCE YOU ARE UNREASONABLE SELFISH ASSES THEY CAN'T PAY THE MORTGAGE NEXT MONTH!! Go ahead pilot TELL'EM!!!

Back