Todays Forbes Poll

firstamendment said:
Hey Fliboy
Are you an AFA member? You are not obligated to be a member. Did you know that? If you are soooo pro company, get the hell out of the union. You will be required to pay a fee, but you can wash your hands of the union you hate, but then you couldn't cast your yessa masta vote for the company. If you haven't renounced your union membership by now, you are nothing more than a trouble-making hypocrite. :down: :down:
[post="229372"][/post]​
Fliboy,
I believe firstamendment asked you a question. Even though I no longer have a dog in this fight I for one would to see you answer his/her question.

:lol:
TheLazarusman said:
You know...In the right light...Mr. Hankey kinda looks like Mr. Lakefield...hehehe
Hidey Ho :up: :up: :up:
[post="231030"][/post]​

Actually, they look like one of Dave's donuts on the "breakfast" service on the transatlantic flights. : :lol: :lol:

TheLazarusman said:
You know...In the right light...Mr. Hankey kinda looks like Mr. Lakefield...hehehe
Hidey Ho :up: :up: :up:
[post="231030"][/post]​

firstamendment said:
:lol:
Actually, they look like one of Dave's donuts on the "breakfast" service on the transatlantic flights. : :lol: :lol:
[post="231035"][/post]​

So that's why they call them the Dirty Dozen. LOL :shock:

while it doesn't surprise me that the question i initially posed has deteriorated into a dialogue, if diatribe on fairness vs. unfairness, i am perplexed by the speculation that the company will find a way to avoid their proposed 10k financial obligations to those who elect to take the vflr?!?!? i have read, and re-read the language; where is their "out"? verbose language doesn't always equate with deception! but that is another conversation...
with respect to afas preference for dues paying members...to be sure, it is reflected in this agreement!!! and, this should not be a surprise to anybody--i hope!!! attempting to control people and circumstances outside of your control is an act of desperate futility!!! the reality of the situation--i am sorry to say--is that, with the exception of management, no airline labor group will ever realize comparable (pre 9.11) compensation packages in the next decade. the bottom line has descended...i would absolutely love to watch some of these "entitled ones" attempt to find employment with commensurate levels of compensation!!! A COMPLETE JOKE!!! but, i encourage you to try!!! a reality check may in fact bring you back to reality!
i digress...i wonder if the sacrifice could have been shared more equitably if those spineless dishrags who negotiated this ta would have not privileged, as they always do, seniority?!?! is it entirely necessary to pay the csd an additional $6 an hour--on top of an inflated rate of pay plus itd pay?!? and the list goes on and on and on and on and on...protecting the interests of the few at the hell of the many...that sounds familiar...that is what the "entitled ones" are accusing, rightly, management of doing!!!

legacy-to-LCC said:
i am perplexed by the speculation that the company will find a way to avoid their proposed 10k financial obligations to those who elect to take the vflr?!?!?

with the exception of management, no airline labor group will ever realize comparable (pre 9.11) compensation packages in the next decade. the bottom line has descended...i would absolutely love to watch some of these "entitled ones" attempt to find employment with commensurate levels of compensation!!! A COMPLETE JOKE!!! but, i encourage you to try!!!
[post="231230"][/post]​

The company can always find a way to avoid what they agree to in contracts. Did it before, and can do it again. Just ask the mech. about the outsourcing of the airbus. They always honor the agreements they want to honor and disregard the ones they find "annoying".

As for compensation in other industries, I have been offered and accepted another job with pay in excess of what the company was paying after the contracts 2 years ago. IT CAN BE DONE. I start my new position in February. Not every single employee here will find it impossible to improve their lives with other jobs. Maybe you can not or will not find something else, but others will. Dont think everyone here is a total looser and only lives for this company. Merry Christmas to you.