Transcon Service from BOS & JFK

Cart Pusher said:
<blockquote>----------------<BR>On 8/13/2003 8:00:26 AM AAmech wrote: <BR><BR><BR><DIV>Small correction here.&nbsp;&nbsp; AA was "Cash Positive" in May.&nbsp; In June AA posted a "Net" profit.&nbsp; July was also projected to post a "Net" profit.&nbsp;&nbsp; Having a net profit, even a small one is far better than just being "cash positive.</DIV><BR><BR>----------------</blockquote><BR><BR>Wasn't AA's second quarter profit solely because of the government give back? I mean, if AA hadn't gotten the government security fee reimbursement then they, like all of the other majors, wouldn't have posted a profit at all but another loss - isn't that right?<BR>
I think you are right about AA... They showed a net profit including the gov't grant, but the operating loss was about $350MM (excluding the grant) IIRC. AWA's net profit was $80MM and their operating profit was $12MM (excluding the grant) IIRC.

funguy2 said:
I think you are right about AA... They showed a net profit including the gov't grant, but the operating loss was about $350MM (excluding the grant) IIRC. AWA's net profit was $80MM and their operating profit was $12MM (excluding the grant) IIRC.
Since June 03, AA has a net profit exluding special items (which are net gains from gov't/worlspan sale, etc..) of 26M. There are still a few hundred million in annual savings that are yet to be realized from the restructuring. ie. the pilots are in the middle of a huge retraining cycle due to layoffs and displacements. These courses cost approximately 50k a pop and will create drag on the bottom line through next year.

CartPusher,
WN made mony without Gov't help. Yes, it was larger with the GOV give back of secutity costs. I don't agree with the gov. costs for security yet, who made money without? WN!!!
Just a
Figure :up:

Veritas

Was your post an addendum or your own when the word stewardess and waitress were used? Either way, when was the last time a waiter/waitress gave CPR and brought someone back? I just did! As far as "foreign" service goes; please be aware that most carriers are owned and or subsidized by their respective Govmt's. Talk about service/cost in comparison w/ US carriers is a moot point financially. I realize that I am only a "waiter in the sky" to you. On the same note, don't ask me for any help other than "waiter" duties! <_<

CPR is not only used by flight attendants. Waiters and Waitresses know a few things too! Who cares if they call you a waiter? We are in the service industry we are blue collar workers. Call me whatever you want , just make sure I get paid twice a month.

Latest posts