Travelers Stall In Us Airways' Lines At Airport

PineyBob said:
Since I'm in full rant now, why not just be straight and say "We screwed up and we're sorry! We thought we had enough people and kiosks to handle an especially busy day. Clearly we were wrong, We are taking steps to make sure it never happens again. As a goodwill gesture everyone who was scheduled to fly between the hours of ___ & ____ will recieve a $25.00 voucher towards the purchase of any future US Airways flight What would be so freaking hard about that? Probably turn the bungle into a positive. Imagine that.
<Rant off>
Great idea, Piney! Only I just realized theat the USD 25.00 off coupon would have to be redeemed at the ATO. With a real, live agent. Which would cause the line to back up! :eek:

Not to get into another kiosk vs. live agent discussion, but I wonder if any good data are available on transaction times. Yes, I know that the kiosks are said to be, on average, fater than humans. But kiosks can only handle very basic transactions. If kiosks were compared to agents on routine check-in only, I venture to say that the agent transctions are faster indeed.

Dont call me Shirley said:
Only I just realized theat the USD 25.00 off coupon would have to be redeemed at the ATO. With a real, live agent. Which would cause the line to back up! :eek:
NW solved that problem. Each coupon has a unique ID on it...and their website will accept it. So will the kiosk. So will the agents on the phone and at the ATO.

About 2 years ago my spouse was flying on business on Delta, his connectionwas in Atlanta and snow caused the plane to sit on the tarmac for about an hour.

Without even one phone call, letter, or fax..... Delta sent in the mail to our home an apology letter regarding the circumstances and a $25.00 voucher towards a future flight.

Once again, done without any prodding or otherwise. It was a good PR move.

You would think that US airways would do something like that in this circumstance. When I worked at the ATO, I would see Supervisors give away vouchers and both for flights and meals for, the most insignificant reasons. When it was not our fault and the passenger just happened to scream loud enough!

Latest posts