Trip Report: B6 MSY-JFK-MSY on 11/23 and 11/24

I flew to New York on a friend''s buddy pass who moved there from San Antonio after getting a job as a jetBlue flight attendant. Here is my trip report
jetBlue Airways
N548JB (BlueBerry)
MSY-JFK
Flight 80
Seat: 19A
Actual Departure: 11:27
Actual Arrival: 15:02
I arrived at MSY 3 hours before my scheduled flight and checked in. The Agents were real real nice and put me on standby. (I guess because I had a buddypass). There were some seats open so they assigned me 19A. I waited at Gate D5 and ''Blueberry'' Pulled up. I think this is jetBlue''s Newest Plane, or one of the newest. After they deplaned, they boarded us, and I took my seat. The Flight Attendants smiled as we boarded with Jeanette as the Lead Flight Attendant. I took my seat in 19A and looked out the window. I plugged in my headphones and looked down at the ground. I felt so tall because the A320 is considerably higher off the ground than a 717. We Pushed back at 11:26 and taxied to the runway (I don''t know MSYs numbers as this is my first time flying out). We took off (Very Quick) and climbed to 8,000 until we reached over Bay St. Louis, and then continued out climb. We leveled off at FL390 for our flight to JFK. The A320 is Very Quiet. I turned my PTV on Animal Planet and watched THATS MY BABY and PLANETS FUNNIEST ANIMALS before turning it on Boomerang and watching some old fashioned Cartoons. After watching the TV, I turned it off, and practiced some of that Airplane Yoga. That stuff is tough when you are in the confines of an airplane seat. After I finished Yoga, On this flight, they served BlueBerry Muffins, and many other snacks. I chose the Muffins and some Diet Coke. (I don''t know why, but I was wanting some Diet Coke). After finishing my sample Yoga Lessons. I hit the seat (Went to Sleep). I slept for about 15 minutes (Ok, So I didn''t sleep at all, but closed my eyes). For the remainder of the flight, I watched the Flitetracker so I could see where we were. As we got closer to JFK, we began our descent. Our Pilot made a steep descent. This flight brought tears to my eyes because we flew over Ground Zero and I must say that it looks really really good (Very Sad, but the crews did a nice job cleaning it up). We landed in JFK 3 minutes early (On My watch). We taxied to the gate and I took a few pictures of the cabin before I got off. The aircraft smelled very very new and for my first flight on an airbus, I must say she performed BEAUTIFULLY. I visited the cockpit after the pilots had come out and got some pictures. Overall, My first flight on jetBlue was wonderful. WONDERFUL!!!!
Eric met me at the airport baggage claim and we went to eat at Grimaldi’s Pizzeria. That was some Darn Delicious Pizza. Afterwards, We went Cruisin around in his 2002 Ford Mustang (Outfitted very nicely) and saw the town. He asked if I would like to stay in a hotel, or go back to his house and sleep on the couchbed. I preferred the Hotel. So he checked me in, and he stayed for a little while, but then he went home. He came back to my room at 04:30 and woke me from my slumber. Not a very good night''s rest, but that is why I am just now typing this trip report. I just woke up.
jetBlue Airways
N519JB (It had to be Blue)
JFK-MSY
Flight 79
Seat: 9F
Actual Departure: 08:39
Actual Arrival: 10:48
After we arrived at JFK, I checked in (This time Eric presented his airline badge, as he was coming with me to MSY because he was on his week''s vacation.) So we checked in and he got seat 11A because the flight was almost full. We took off at 8:39 AM and climbed directly to FL410 after turning a bit. During Takeoff, we encountered a little bit of turbulence, but we got out of it quick. I slept for the most part of this flight (I was tired with only 3 hours of sleep). I had some Apple Juice, but declined the snack because My Stomach was hurting from the Grimaldi''s the night before (I ate too much). I woke up during the last 30 minutes of the flight. After we landed and Full Thrust Reverse. We taxied to the gate and deplaned where I exited the concourse with Eric. My mom was not expecting to meet Eric, because I didn''t even know he was coming to MSY with me. We gave him a ride to a hotel and I said Goodbye. He gave me the best news because he said I was on his permanent buddy list, and whenever he comes down here, I can fly jetBlue whenever I want. I enjoyed my trip on jetBlue and I told Eric that I would like to be a revenue passenger at least once. After Dropping him off, we came home, back home to Ocean Springs. It never felt better to be home.
About the plane back. I toured N519JB on 7/25/01 when jetBlue made their inaugural flight to MSY from JFK. so that was kind of Ironic.
I hope you enjoyed my trip report, and I hope to have some more coming my way. errr... your way.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/25/2002 2:49:35 PM N989AT wrote:

We took off at 8:39 AM and climbed directly to FL410 after turning a bit.

Uh, 410?!

During Takeoff, we encountered a little bit of turbulence, but we got out of it quick.

That'd be potholes if it was during takeoff
----------------
[/blockquote]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 8:04:20 PM Busdrvr wrote:

We took off at 8:39 AM and climbed directly to FL410 after turning a bit.

Uh, 410?!
----------------
[/blockquote]

He was probably looking at the altitude readout on the LiveTV map page. It's a GPS derived altitude, not barometric, and it can be a couple thousand feet off in the high flight levels. I kind of wish they'd round off the altitude. It usually says something like 38234 ft, which just gives a false sense of accuracy. I'm surprised I haven't gotten comments from experts who want to know why I can't hold altitude.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 8:47:42 PM Jeff G wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

"We took off at 8:39 AM and climbed directly to FL410 after turning a bit."

Uh, 410?!
----------------
[/blockquote]

He was probably looking at the altitude readout on the LiveTV map page. It's a GPS derived altitude, not barometric, and it can be a couple thousand feet off in the high flight levels. I kind of wish they'd round off the altitude. It usually says something like 38234 ft, which just gives a false sense of accuracy. I'm surprised I haven't gotten comments from "experts" who want to know why I can't hold altitude.
----------------
[/blockquote]

LOL, I'd be the first to point it out. I'm surprised it's that much off. On our 777's the map altitudes go in big chuncks 17,000 17,500 18,000. That way you COULD be off altitude and nobody could tell. Trust me, I know about the Airbus soft altitude philosophy.[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/25/2002 2:49:35 PM N989AT wrote:

"We took off at 8:39 AM and climbed directly to FL410 after turning a bit."

Uh, 410?!

----------------
[/blockquote]

Maybe this particular 'bus was possessed by the spirit of a Boeing 720, which could reach FL410 with no problem...

AHHHHH.....the good old 720B. I Remember the Continental flights out of Kansas City Municipal Airport fondly. They would taxi to the far end of 18 and let her rip. Those little Boeing rockets would slam you back in your seat and go screaming down that 7000 foot runway on a 100+ July/August day with a good load of fuel and pax for L.A.
As I recall from looking out the window, we were quite a ways up there by the time we passed the TWA hangers and went out over the river at the far end of the runway. Somehow, the buses and baby Boeings just don't seem as exciting. Progress I guess.