Trump just became a liberal

I'd like to use less oil, and those dad gum onerous EPA regulations that Obama and the democrats put it place made it possible for a Suburban to get 20 mpg instead of 8 mpg. I kind of wish they would roll back the EPA regs and these guys driving all these big assed SUV's started getting 8 mpg again.

But I was never a fan of ethanol. But speaking of farmers....we gave THEM subsidies to grow corn that we could feed to our cars. Subsidies that came from MY tax dollars. And the food that these subsidies paid for went into my gas tank. And one result of food in my gas is that my mileage was worse. So I'm paying more to put fuel in my car because my tax dollars went to pay a farmer to grow the food that went in my gas.

And then...farmers were used by the Republicans to rally support against the "death tax". Republicans always ran the ads with the mournful violin music talking about how the family farm was lost because the family couldn't afford to pay the "death tax" and had to sell it. Considering that the first $5,000,000 in the estate was EXEMPT from the death tax, if someone couldn't afford to pay the death tax on the value of the estate that was OVER $5 million, then I'm not sure I needed to be sending them subsidies to the farmers to grow food for my gasoline in the first place.
I see you hammer farm subsidies all the time. Let me ask you this, are you happy with the availability and price of food in this country?

I don't see you complain so much about an able bodied 20 something year old with 6 kids by 6 different fathers (or mothers) your taxes are paying for. At least the farmers provide you food. What do you get from the "welfare 4 life" crowd?

You complain about the wrong things.

I see you hammer farm subsidies all the time. Let me ask you this, are you happy with the availability and price of food in this country?

I don't see you complain so much about an able bodied 20 something year old with 6 kids by 6 different fathers (or mothers) your taxes are paying for. At least the farmers provide you food. What do you get from the "welfare 4 life" crowd?

You complain about the wrong things.

And you don't see anything wrong with paying subsidies to somebody that they cite when discussing how the death tax hurts farmers...the first $5 million is exempt from the "death tax", yet the republicans make it sound like farmers heirs all across the country are losing the family farm because they can't afford to pay the death tax. So they are folding because they can't afford to pay tax on the amount of the estate that exceeds $5 million. Why do you support subsidizing a group that has an estate worth well in excess of $5 million?

Why not let the free market determine if a farmer should grow corn for my car.

And you don't see anything wrong with paying subsidies to somebody that they cite when discussing how the death tax hurts farmers...the first $5 million is exempt from the "death tax", yet the republicans make it sound like farmers heirs all across the country are losing the family farm because they can't afford to pay the death tax. So they are folding because they can't afford to pay tax on the amount of the estate that exceeds $5 million. Why do you support subsidizing a group that has an estate worth well in excess of $5 million?

Why not let the free market determine if a farmer should grow corn for my car.
Where are your complaints about Solyndra?

Where are your complaints about SolarCity?

Again, liberals were pushing for government to mandate using sources of renewable energy.

Now your bitching about how the government implemented steps to meet those demands.

Again, leftist are never happy.

Many experts tried to explain that we did not have the technology and/or infrastructure to provide energy as plentiful and affordable as gasoline. I agree there are potentially better alternatives than ethanol but those alternatives are either too cost prohibitive, need more technological development, or infrastructure built to make them viable.

I think most people would love to go to renewable energy but it has to get to a state where it can actually meet our needs. It's not going to be an overnight fix and pumping money into something that is doomed to fail is not a good alternative either.

Take electric cars for instance. Most people don't want a vehicle with limited mileage that takes HOURS to recharge. Not to mention that the more people that have electric cars the more strain it puts on the electrical grid. The whole idea, with our current infrastructure and technology, is frankly stupid. But leftist don't want to see the reality of the situation, they only want to see the marketing fueled fantasy.

I can see it now, pulling into a recharge station and waiting for 2 hours for a bay to become available so you can spend another 4 hours recharging that pitiful plastic box you laughingly call a car. Do you see a problem here? Do you? Do you see it?

Demand and price going up for electricity is just a bonus.

You never answered my question. Are you happy with the availability and price of food in this country?

Last edited:
Where are your complaints about Solyndra?

Where are your complaints about SolarCity?

Again, liberals were pushing for government to mandate using sources of renewable energy.

Now your bitching about how the government implemented steps to meet those demands.

Again, leftist are never happy.

Many experts tried to explain that we did not have the technology and/or infrastructure to provide energy as plentiful and affordable as gasoline. I agree there are potentially better alternatives than ethanol but those alternatives are either too cost prohibitive, need more technological development, or infrastructure built to make them viable.

I think most people would love to go to renewable energy but it has to get to a state where it can actually meet our needs. It's not going to be an overnight fix and pumping money into something that is doomed to fail is not a good alternative either.

Take electric cars for instance. Most people don't want a vehicle with limited mileage that takes HOURS to recharge. Not to mention that the more people that have electric cars the more strain it puts on the electrical grid. The whole idea, with our current infrastructure and technology, is frankly stupid. But leftist don't want to see the reality of the situation, they only want to see the marketing fueled fantasy.

I can see it now, pulling into a recharge station and waiting for 2 hours for a bay to become available so you can spend another 4 hours recharging that pitiful plastic box you laughingly call a car. Do you see a problem here? Do you? Do you see it?

Demand and price going up for electricity is just a bonus.

You never answered my question. Are you happy with the availability and price of food in this country?

Where was I supportive of Solyndra? Funny thing...we tried to explain that we did not have the technology or infrastructure to produce affordable gasoline. Then we found fracking. And out went the cry of "drill baby drill". We had TONS of oil, just waiting to loaded up in the Keystone pipeline and shipped to Houston - where it would be refined and....exported. Seems to me we could KEEP all of our oil and gas and not have to have the farmers growing food for our cars.

But I'll answer your question - yep...I'm happy about the price and availability of food in this country. But do you have any idea how much a salad is gonna cost you when we build that wall and ship all the labor that paid a wage low enough to make it AFFORDABLE back to Mexico?

Where was I supportive of Solyndra? Funny thing...we tried to explain that we did not have the technology or infrastructure to produce affordable gasoline. Then we found fracking. And out went the cry of "drill baby drill". We had TONS of oil, just waiting to loaded up in the Keystone pipeline and shipped to Houston - where it would be refined and....exported. Seems to me we could KEEP all of our oil and gas and not have to have the farmers growing food for our cars.

But I'll answer your question - yep...I'm happy about the price and availability of food in this country. But do you have any idea how much a salad is gonna cost you when we build that wall and ship all the labor that paid a wage low enough to make it AFFORDABLE back to Mexico?

Gasohol was a touchy feely gig for the green smacks.

"Do you know you waste more oil than you save with gasohol?"

"Well, at least we tried"

Where was I supportive of Solyndra?
That's my point. Not that you support them but that you don't seem to acknowledge what a big waste of tax payer money it was to fund them. I have never seen you criticize them. I see you criticize farm subsidies all the time.

Funny thing...we tried to explain that we did not have the technology or infrastructure to produce affordable gasoline. Then we found fracking. And out went the cry of "drill baby drill".
I am no expert about fracking but I thought fracking was only good for natural gas, not gasoline. I also truly believe it causes earthquakes. I have never felt a big earthquake in Tulsa until fracking then I felt 2 in the same year. The earthquake was severe enough it caused damage to the home I was living in. Again, I thought fracking produced natural gas not gasoline.

No, and you don't either. Considering we have an obesity problem in the United States and we literally GIVE away tons of food every year to other countries maybe not as much as you would think. I say we do it and see what happens. :)

Funny leftist don't seem to have the same concern about price increase regarding the "Fight 4 15" crowd. Makes you look like a bunch of hypocrites which is convenient.... because you are.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018...questions-about-climate-change-narrative.html

Mittermeier admits that she couldn’t “say that this bear was starving because of climate change.”

“Perhaps we made a mistake in not telling the full story — that we were looking for a picture that foretold the future and that we didn’t know what had happened to this particular polar bear.”

Just another day of pushing a narrative over truth.

Yep, a quarter pounder might cost a little more but, but at least the cash that the illegal alien made and sent to relatives back in the country they abandoned, would stay in the states!

Immigrants around the world sent $445 billion back to their home countries last year!

https://www.marketplace.org/2017/06...ld-sent-445-billion-back-their-home-countries

Wonder how much good that money would do if kepted in the U. S.?

Might even lower the price of that quarter pounder!

The quarter pounder price might come down, but the bad news is that in the same scenario, the price of the Big Mac would likely go up. Someone's gotta pick that lettuce. Either that or Micky D's needs to change the jingle to "two all beef paties, special sauce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun". Wait...the price of pickles and onions is likely to go up to - same reason...cost to get the cucumbers and onions will go up. Welll, this is still catchy "two all beef patties, special sauce cheese on a sesame seed bun".

Latest posts